Quantcast More Offisite Hotels Getting Access To FP+ 60 Days Out and EMH

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Offisite Hotels Getting Access To FP+ 60 Days Out and EMH

Yes, you read that correctly... Two more offsite hotels getting FP+ access 60 days in advance... And they will also be granted access to EMH as well... They are the Bonnett Creek resorts... Now yes, granted, they are "within" the gates, but they are not Disney resorts... So more people now will have access to getting FP+ at the 60 day mark... So much for WDW resort perks for guests...

With the prices WDW charges for rooms, and now non WDW resorts guests getting same perks as resort guests, why stay on site at an over priced hotel room??? Stay at a cheaper hotel and receive same benefits... And I can promise, the rooms will be nicer...

Thought getting FP was hard now??? Wait... just wait....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a listing somewhere of all the offsite hotels that have these perks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    I believe they are listed on Disneyworld.com... They are part of the Official Walt Disney World Hotel program... I can tell you, the list includes all the Disney Springs/Hotel Blvd hotels and the Bonnett Creek resorts: Hilton Orlando Bonnett Creek (1000 rooms) and Waldorf Astoria (500 rooms)

The Disney Springs Resort Area hotels are: B RESORT & SPA; BEST WESTERN LAKE BUENA VISTA; DOUBLE TREE SUITES BY HILTON ORLANDO; HILTON ORLANDO BUENA VISTA PALACE; HILTON ORLANDO LAKE BUENA VISTA; HOLIDAY INN ORLANDO; and WYNDHAM GARDEN LAKE BUENA VISTA

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Also, you can get information on the hotels right here on Intercot:

http://intercot.com/resorts/nearby/default.asp

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the announcements from the two Resort hotels in the Bonnet Creek enclave of the Walt Disney World resort regarding their inclusion to Extra Magic Hours:

Quote Originally Posted by Waldorf Astoria Orlando

NEW! Guests Enjoy Disney Extra Magic Hours benefit.
    Now an Official Walt Disney World Hotel!

New at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, guests now enjoy more time for family fun with Disney’s Extra Magic Hours benefit. This special Disney perk gives you more time to enjoy your Disney experience as each day, one Disney Theme Park either opens early or stays open late so you can enjoy select attractions longer! Valid theme park admission is required. Available for stays through December 31, 2019.

Plus, guests at the resort also enjoy convenient direct-to-Disney shuttle service to and from all four Disney Theme Parks and Disney Springs®. And, for an extra special experience, select guest rooms offer views of the nightly Disney fireworks, for a most magical way to end your day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek

New! Guest Enjoy Disney Extra Magic Hours benefit.
    Now an Official Walt Disney World Hotel!

New at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, guests now enjoy more time for family fun with Disney’s Extra Magic Hours benefit. This special Disney perk gives you more time to enjoy your Disney experience as each day, one Disney Theme Park either opens early or stays open late so you can enjoy select attractions longer! Valid theme park admission is required. Available for stays through December 31, 2019.

Plus, guests at the resort also enjoy convenient direct-to-Disney shuttle service to and from all four Disney Theme Parks and Disney Springs®. And, for an extra special experience, select guest rooms offer views of the nightly Disney fireworks, for a most magical way to end your day.
    Although being reported by multiple sources, neither resort has announced their inclusion into the "60 day window" for FASTPASS+ selections yet:

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnet Creek Resorts

Disney FastPass+

Disney FastPass+ service allows you to skip the standby line for select attractions, shows and Character Greetings. The best part? FastPass+ service is included in the price of your theme park admission. Get the most out of your trip by reserving access to some of your must-do attractions up to 30 days prior to your visit.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    With the prices WDW charges for rooms, and now non WDW resorts guests getting same perks as resort guests, why stay on site at an over priced hotel room??? Stay at a cheaper hotel and receive same benefits... And I can promise, the rooms will be nicer...
    I agree 100%. Things that were perks for staying onsite, and paying the higher hotel room prices, are no longer perks....They are the norm.

It was already hard to get FP+ 60 days out for some of the newer, more popular, attractions. Adding more hotels into the mix, without adding more FP+ allotments per hour per attraction, will make is nigh on impossible to get FP+ even 60 days out if you are not hitting the site for your last day as soon as it opens.

What is worse is that by adding these hotels, and possibly a higher number of FP+ allotments per hour, it is going to make stand-by queues ungodly long from rope drop to park close for the most popular attractions. No reason to visit if you are going to have to stand in 60 minute stand-by queues at rope drop and watch them get longer as the day progresses.

Please go back to only DVC, Deluxe, Moderate, Value, Shades of Green, Swan & Dolphin resorts receiving FP+ 60 day windows.

Yes, that may be a bit 'drama queen,' but Disney seems to be forgetting those that spend the money to go to their resorts. They want occupancy higher, but give every reason for people to stay elsewhere. Does not sound like good fiscal policy to me....but what do I know?
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

10. Likes Tekneek, TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two things:
    We are rarely in the room so it being "nicer" is irrelevant.
    The one benefit they can't offer or replicate is staying in the Disney bubble
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

12. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Two things:
    We are rarely in the room so it being "nicer" is irrelevant.
    The one benefit they can't offer or replicate is staying in the Disney bubble
    That's fine, nothing wrong with that... But I doubt you would choose to stay in a roach infested, run down hotel, so yes room being nice or nicer is relevant... Some people like a nice room... I am a DVC owner, and I feel we get to book nice rooms... If the rooms weren't as nice as off site villas and suites (and some off site villas and suites are actually nicer), then I'd stay off site... Especially since the perks of staying onsite have dwindled and mean nothing when non-WDW guests now pay less and get same perks and benefits...

As for the bubble, again I get it... I used to have to be in the bubble too.... But their bubble burst a long time ago... There is a great big world outside WDW and it's "bubble"... gotta go out and experience it.... Nicer hotels for less cost.... Better restaurants and not as expensive... And two world class theme parks to visit...

But I get it... I really do...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I agree 100%. Things that were perks for staying onsite, and paying the higher hotel room prices, are no longer perks....They are the norm.

It was already hard to get FP+ 60 days out for some of the newer, more popular, attractions. Adding more hotels into the mix, without adding more FP+ allotments per hour per attraction, will make is nigh on impossible to get FP+ even 60 days out if you are not hitting the site for your last day as soon as it opens.

What is worse is that by adding these hotels, and possibly a higher number of FP+ allotments per hour, it is going to make stand-by queues ungodly long from rope drop to park close for the most popular attractions. No reason to visit if you are going to have to stand in 60 minute stand-by queues at rope drop and watch them get longer as the day progresses.

Please go back to only DVC, Deluxe, Moderate, Value, Shades of Green, Swan & Dolphin resorts receiving FP+ 60 day windows.

Yes, that may be a bit 'drama queen,' but Disney seems to be forgetting those that spend the money to go to their resorts. They want occupancy higher, but give every reason for people to stay elsewhere. Does not sound like good fiscal policy to me....but what do I know?
    Nah, not sounding like a drama queen at all!!!

I don't like off site guests getting the same benefits as those staying on property... If they had tiered the days out, then I may be more on board... For instance: WDW onsite 60 days out; partner hotels 45 days out; off site/non-partner hotels and day of guests 30 days out... Or maybe DVC/Deluxe 75 days out; Moderates and Values 60 days out; partner hotels 45 days out; non-partner/offsite/day of guests 30 days out...

May be mute anyway.... FP+ will go pay to play one of these days....

15. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is so wrong. I love staying in the bubble too, but farming out onsite perks devalues a stay on property.
    Susanne

17. Likes PopPhan, BriarRose0708 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what Disney is charging for the rights to become a "Disney Hotel". You know that's what's behind this - a whole new untapped revenue stream for the Disney beancounters. Since they can't fill all their own rooms because of inflated prices & declining customer service, this helps fill that money gap in the hotel ledger. Just proves again that Disney has stopped caring about giving their onsite guests a little extra magic. Everyone's the same now - a body that paid to get in.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

19. Likes Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    I wonder what Disney is charging for the rights to become a "Disney Hotel". You know that's what's behind this - a whole new untapped revenue stream for the Disney beancounters. Since they can't fill all their own rooms because of inflated prices & declining customer service, this helps fill that money gap in the hotel ledger. Just proves again that Disney has stopped caring about giving their onsite guests a little extra magic. Everyone's the same now - a body that paid to get in.
    Yep, it is all about the benjamins... They is all Disney cares about... They don't care about the guest, guest experience, theme, nothing matters anymore... Only thing that matters is bottom line, profits, and milking the guests for all they guests can afford... And people wonder why Disney is the face of American corporate greed????

Disney strictly views you as their ATM....

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it is all about the benjamins... They is all Disney cares about... They don't care about the guest, guest experience, theme, nothing matters anymore... Only thing that matters is bottom line, profits, and milking the guests for all they guests can afford... And people wonder why Disney is the face of American corporate greed????

Disney strictly views you as their ATM....
    Yep! It is no longer Walt & Roy's company. It is a CORPORATION -- out to make their shareholders that most amount of money they can. Visitors, movie watchers, TV viewers, are nothing more than cash streams. It has been decades since the visitor mattered in more than the basic way -- $$$ in the coffers.

People were already complaining about how things were going downhill when I first visited in 2003. 15+ years later, the complaining is just more vociferous and more frequent.

As long as the $$$ is still coming in - through ticket sales (noting the recent ticket price increases), movie sales, etc. -- nothing will change.

But, to the point of this message...More people in for EMH = more $$$ in souvenir (primary focus), food, drink, etc. sales for the day. If these hotels have to pay Disney for the 'rights' to be a "good neighbor hotel," then that's even better for the corporation (DIS)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

22. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This ***** and you can already see the difference! Harder to get desirable attractions at 1st available for trip now because of it
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Waldorf here we come. We might occasionally stay at Dixie Landings for nostalgia/decor, but probably will end up just staying at the Waldorf. So much nicer, cleaner, better food, room service, etc.

Now that Disney is offering more and more to non Disney hotels, why stay onsite?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

This is good news to me. I actually prefer the offsite hotels over most of the onsite. In particular, the Hilton brand hotels. It was already nearly impossible to get FP's for the popular rides unless you have a 10 day reservation and you get them for the end of your trip.

The biggest problem I see with all the adding more and more people to the FP system and giving more out is the fact that no matter how many of those they give out, the maximum throughput for the attractions stay the same. All that is accomplished by giving more of them out is you move a fraction of people from one line to another. It is already getting to the point where the FP line is as long of a wait or longer than the standby lines used to be for the attractions that didn't previously have FP at all. FP is a joke anyway. All it does is shift your wait time from one attraction to another by only having to wait in line 15 minutes for one you have a FP and you then have to wait 70 minutes each for the next 3 that you don't. There is nothing exclusive about it, it doesn't save you time and it doesn't accomplish much of anything other than giving you the frustration of planning, coordinating and scheduling all this mess.

The only way any of this nonsense is ever going to stop or change is attendance will have to drop substantially. I have been thinking they would tip the scale for 5 years but they are doing such a good job with marketing, they keep bringing in new first time guests. I can tell you though, the people I know that have gone for their first time in the last several years all said it was the most stressful "vacation" they ever took and they probably won't go back for a long time if ever. None of them have made return trips so far either. So the question still remains just how long is it going to take before all of this nonsense tips the scales? It will at some point because that is what corporations do....they focus on making more profit any way they can until they run the ship right into the ground.

26. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: