Quantcast Critique my plans please!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Critique my plans please!!!

We have been to Disney over 20 times, since my kids were babies, and we know all the tips and tricks. We have been so many times that we don’t even use all the major tricks anymore, we just sort of do our own thing.

That said, I am planning our first ever adult trip for my hubby and myself for our 20th anniversary, and I find myself questioning my plans. Initially it was supposed to be myself, husband, and my SIL and BIL (celebrating their 25th). They have since had to back out due to their kid’s school commitments. So it’s just the hubby and I. My husband enjoys eating and drinking more than doing the parks. Here is a rundown of what I have planned so far.

We are booked at Yacht Club, wanted Beach but no availability with military discount. Arriving on a Saturday evening and leaving on a Thursday. We will actually stay at Shades of Green on the Saturday, then move to YC on Sunday, due to availability.

Saturday: arrive early evening, Ohana dinner (long standing tradition)
    Sunday: brunch at California Grill, check in at YC, evening at Epcot for food and wine fest.
    Monday: morning at AK or studios, pool time, evening at Epcot
    Tuesday (actual anniversary): Morning at Epcot, pool/resort time, dinner at Flying Fish Cafe (wanting something near our resort that we haven’t tried before), evening either on Boardwalk or back to Epcot.
    Wednesday: morning at MK, resort/pool break, afternoon tea at Grand Flo (something I’ve always wanted to do and just never made time for), back to MK to end the trip.
    Thursday: quick breakfast at resort and a stop at the beach for a late lunch on the way home.

What do you all think??? Not enough Epcot time? Too much Epcot? Better suggestions on Anniversary dinner? Anything I may be missing for an adult only Anniversary trip?
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it looks good. Just be aware that weekend evenings at Epcot during Food & Wine can be crazy busy.

4. Thanks buzznwoodysmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    I think it looks good. Just be aware that weekend evenings at Epcot during Food & Wine can be crazy busy.
    I know! Hopeful that the Sunday evening won’t be too bad, and we’ve got some other days to go back. Even if it’s too crazy Sunday evening we have more time to spend there during the week. I just know we will be anxious to check it out shortly after checking in at Yacht Club.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Well, whatever you do, don't miss the FW. Sunday will be somewhat busy as are all evenings. But still worth it. Gets better the further in you get.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

7. Thanks buzznwoodysmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Plans sound good to me. You will absolutely love afternoon tea at GF. Mom, who recently died, and I made it our one special thing to do together. It makes for a very peaceful and different experience to do at WDW. We always loved walking through the the GF atrium and lobby as well.

9. Thanks buzznwoodysmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Well, whatever you do, don't miss the FW. Sunday will be somewhat busy as are all evenings. But still worth it. Gets better the further in you get.
    We’ve got two half days (afternoon/evenings) planned, plus most of a full day, all planned for Epcot’s food and wine festival. Wasn’t sure if that was too much, or not enough. In all of our Disney trips we’ve never made it to Food and Wine Festival.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleen3162 View Post
    Plans sound good to me. You will absolutely love afternoon tea at GF. Mom, who recently died, and I made it our one special thing to do together. It makes for a very peaceful and different experience to do at WDW. We always loved walking through the the GF atrium and lobby as well.
    I can’t wait to do this!!! I had it booked once a few years back, but my sister in law and niece who were doing it with me had to leave from the trip early due to illness so I just cancelled it altogether. I am glad you have that special memory with your mother.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought about a photo portrait session? It might be nice to have some photos of just the two of you to put up next to your wedding pictures.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

13. Thanks buzznwoodysmom thanked for this post
    Likes buzznwoodysmom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out who is in concert at Epcot during your stay. That may sway your decisions on when to be there.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

15. Thanks buzznwoodysmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a little update!!! We are now staying at Bay Lake Tower for our first night, instead of Shades of Green, thanks to a dear friend of mine who owns DVC! This will make our first night dinner at Ohana’s and our next day brunch at California Grill super convenient!!!
    Denise

17. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a terrific celebration for you and your husband with lots of yummy food!! Enjoy!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    We’ve got two half days (afternoon/evenings) planned, plus most of a full day, all planned for Epcot’s food and wine festival. Wasn’t sure if that was too much, or not enough. In all of our Disney trips we’ve never made it to Food and Wine Festival.
    We do 2 days at the FW each trip. No if, and or buts about it. Sometimes more. The food and drink, just greatness. Especially New Zealand....
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite