Quantcast New Jurassic Park Ride

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Jurassic Park Ride

Will be a roller coaster... themed to Jurassic World... There is a Jurassic World sign already on property... Walls are already up... Walkway bridge, where part of the track will go, have been closed... Track will be visible from across the lake... And there is at least 1 show building, at the beginning of the ride... I don't have the layout, but it is available out there on the web, thanks to Channel 9 News in Orlando...

Universal has not officially announced this new coaster, but work is slowly getting on the way...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In Islands of Adventure? Where? Replacing something?
    The space looks pretty tight between Kong, current Jurassic ride and Hogwarts.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    In Islands of Adventure? Where? Replacing something?
    The space looks pretty tight between Kong, current Jurassic ride and Hogwarts.
    yes, in Islands of Adventure... The track will run pretty much from Discovery Center in Jurassic Park all through the land pretty much, extending over the water behind Hogwarts... There is a lot of space back there, honestly, for a ride...

And it is in addition to the River Ride... It is only replacing open, unused land...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

A new ride that's an actual coaster and not a simulator is very exciting news.
    Thanks for keeping us updated.

I haven't been in years - any updates on what is going on with the Dueling Dragons replacement? Did they completely remove the coaster? I still don't understand that decision.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    A new ride that's an actual coaster and not a simulator is very exciting news.
    Thanks for keeping us updated.

I haven't been in years - any updates on what is going on with the Dueling Dragons replacement? Did they completely remove the coaster? I still don't understand that decision.
    Dueling Dragons was a disaster since Potter opened... And they weren't exactly dueling anymore... This new ride will be 1000 times better...

Post Thanks / Like

Want information??? OK...

Walls are already up around the island... Land prepping has started... The carnival games have been shuttered for now... They will be relocated in the future.... The new, extremely popular Raptor Encounter will be moving from its current spot to the area where the carnival games were... Once the Raptor Encounter moves, the old Triceratops Encounter plot will be demolished... The entire waterfront area is closed, or will be soon closed to the public, including the downstairs exit of Discovery Center... This is so workers can safely remove trees, bushes, lamp posts, signs, etc... Part of the ride will also come this way...

The main queue and track will be on the old Triceratops plot... Entrance to the ride will be down by Discovery Center with the extended queue down to the waterfront... Ride will begin with a brief show scene, featuring raptors, and then a coaster launch will begin the ride... We will be "flying" through jungle, caves, and rock work show scenes... This area will include a lot of twists and turns until we reach a second launch area...

The second launch will send us toward the lagoon and into a top hat maneuver... For an example of a top hat maneuver, look up Kingda Ka in Six Flags Great Adventure in new Jersey.... The train will descend at a 90 degree angle... and gain speed up to 75 miles an hour...

We continue past Discovery Center and bank around to the back of Hogsmeade Village... We will then turn out over the water between JP and HV, very low to the water, and we will go under the pedestrian bridge (unless the bridge is removed???), out over the lagoon, and finally back toward the old Triceratops Encounter, entering a show building before we unload...

Expect color scheme to be similar to Jurassic World with blues and grays... Rumored opening is before summer 2021, but could possibly be sooner...

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a time frame as to when this will be open?
    2008 - Anniversary trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2005 - Honeymoon trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2015 - Kids 1st Visit: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldsBFF View Post
    Is there a time frame as to when this will be open?
    Honestly, I haven't been following up with information because I really lost interest in this coaster... I am sure it will be a fun and exciting ride, and I will ride it when it opens... But it isn't an exciting project to me...

Last I heard, Summer 2021 for opening with a possibility it could open before that... No concrete date to provide...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: