Quantcast Quick Whirlwind Shades of Green and Epcot Day (part 1)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Whirlwind Shades of Green and Epcot Day (part 1)

I'm behind in reading trip reports (I enjoy it when work is slow and I can slack off here on the Cot) but never the less I thought I would post a quick write up of our short Disney stay last week.

We drove down on Wednesday leaving our house an hour north of Atlanta around 5:45am to beat traffic. We stopped for gas and "pit stops" only and we were at Chuy's for lunch by I think 12:30? (Thanks Christine W for the recommendation.) We had an appointment to look at a retirement community at 2:30 but we were a little early. The homes were stunning and it was only 6 miles from the MK but we had some concerns about the neighborhood so we will probably scratch that one off the list.

We made the super quick drive to Shades of Green (love the new flyover ramp) and parked in the parking garage and carried our small bags to check in. Super speedy, room was ready. 4th floor in the new section. Slightly smaller rooms but a nice view of the fountains etc. I hadn't stayed here since it was Disney Inn (maybe 30 years ago?) I still love the quiet vibe of the resort even without the outward Disney theme-ing. I wish we had the chance to stay here more often than just Jan and Sept.

We fixed some cocktails from our cooler we brought with us and had a quick walk around the property to check things out. It was pretty chilly. We headed back to the room for another cocktail and bundled up for a tour of the MK resorts.

We walked over to the Poly and hopped on the monorail to Grand Floridan for a quick pin check. No LE pins at the whole resort for sale (huh?) but the Christmas tree was still up so that was kind of nice (and odd at the same time.) Oh I forgot to mention we had a monorail car to ourselves on the first and second legs of our journey which was very unusual. Can't tell you last time that happened. We then rode around to the Contemporary and grabbed a really tasty cocktail at Outer Rim, very well made, fresh lime juice, no mixers. Almost no LE pins here either. We walked around a bit, checked out the shops and walked outside towards the boat docks for just a bit before hurrying back in out of the wind and cold. Back on the monorail to Poly.

We had 8:45 reservations at Ohana (my favorite) and we were pretty early so we grabbed a drink from Tambu Lounge (not nearly as good at the previous drink from Outer Rim) and headed to the boat dock. We had just enough time to board the boat for a RT fireworks cruise free fireworks cruises are my favorite. Even if it was really chilly.

Back to the Poly for dinner at Ohana. Now...I hate to write this but it was just ok. We had been up a long time and we were really tired and it was really late so that might have influenced things but it was very rushed (they literally brought ALL the food at once) and it was so expensive. I mean I'm used to Disney expensive but 2 adults, no drinks including tip was $130. We can eat off that for a week. They did let me take my noodles and pot stickers back to-go (they brought way too much) and I popped them in our fridge after we walked back to Shades of Green.

(This is getting longer than I thought.) Stay tuned for part 2.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on your search for a retirement community!!!

This was a very nice day of resort hopping!! Weather has been like a see saw lately - guess you hit one of the cold points.

We were at Epcot last week and I was surprised at how many holiday decorations were still in place. The main tree was gone but the one in the American pavilion was still there.

I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start to your trip.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: