Quantcast Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 6 Dec 1 WL Tour and Tokyo Dining

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 6 Dec 1 WL Tour and Tokyo Dining

Today was laundry morning. After breakfast at Roaring Fork - mmmmm French toast - I gathered up the laundry bag and armed with credit card headed downstairs. Fortunately the laundry room is opposite "our" elevators. Soap bought, laundry loaded and machine started we headed up to the fireplace in the lobby for the free WL tour. There was only 3 or 4 others who joined us and it lasted about an hour ( the time it took the wash ). Our guide explained about the lobby, totem poles, the story behind Boulder Ridge and took us in the DVC area where there is one of the train cars from Walt Disney's own backyard rail road! We saw some small deer in the bushes round the cabins and although he pointed out the Hidden Mickey on the geyser rocks, I couldn't make it out. After the tour I put the laundry in the drier and whilst waiting for that we sat outside with coffee.
    Laundry dry and put away we caught the bus to Epcot. It was really busy, even Living with the Land had a 25 minute wait which I've not seen before - granted I've not been to WDW many times. We still managed Soarin' on a fastpass and Living with the Land on DAS, DH used the wheelchair boat as less painful than transferring. We saw Figment ride had a short wait of 5 minutes and as never done it before, we thought we'd give it a go. The wheelchair car was pretty neat. DH drove on forward then it was like a turntable which turned him 180 degrees to face forward and I had a seat next to him. Enjoyed the ride enough but didn't think it was a repeater for us.
    World Showcase was a surprise, not just how busy but how much drinking!! Some people were obviously a bit under the influence but the shocker for me happened as I was heading to the restrooms in Morocco and a young man in a group shouted very loudly " Morocco is where they have the blue m*****f*****" I was shocked at hearing that in Disney, maybe I'm old fashioned.
    We had an ADR for Tokyo Dining but first went into one of our favourite WDW shops - Mitsokoshi in Japan. We got my sister's Xmas present - a plush Aggretsuko and matching bag ( a cartoon office worker tiger ) and a t shirt of hologram singer Hatsune Miko ( sis is a big fan ). Upstairs in the restaurant our server had a Stitch pen and loved my Stitch purse. We both had Teriyaki chicken, and DH had warm sake to dring and green tea mousse for dessert and I had a Tokyo Sunset and mango mousse. Sad to say I still can't get the hang of chopsticks.
    Coming out at about half 7, the drinking around the world had got louder and busier so we decided to do Illuminations another night. Getting back to the bus stop I made a mistake and pushed DH into the regular line so we shrugged and said "Oh well, we'll get the next bus" at which point the man in front turned and said "No you go ahead, you get on first". Tried to say we'll wait but pretty much the whole line ( granted not a long one ) insisted so thanking them all profusely we moved to the wheelchair spot. The bus arrived soon after and we all got one. Showed me that despite the "antics" of some, there are more decent people in Disney than not.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

All the parks were pretty busy throughout the entire holiday season so am not surprised you found long lines.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Mitsokoshi is one of my favourite stores! Glad to hear about the kind people at the bus ... there are far more nice people in the world!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: