Quantcast Online check in for the Disney resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Online check in for the Disney resort

What is the benefit of using online check in at the Disney resorts? Have most of you used it?
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We usually do online check-in, for two reasons. The first, it saves some time at the front desk, since all of our information is already all entered, so we can grab our magic bands and go. Secondly, since it asks for arrival time, we've had a lot of good luck having our room ready when we arrive.

But, it is far from a must-do!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I use Online Check-In...Skip the desk completely. If the room is ready, I take my carry on, drop it in the room and head for the parks. If it is not ready, I drop the bag at Baggage Check, and head to the parks. In either event, you WILL receive a text message as to the status of your room before the DME bus arrives at your resort from the airport.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I use Online Check-In...Skip the desk completely. If the room is ready, I take my carry on, drop it in the room and head for the parks. If it is not ready, I drop the bag at Baggage Check, and head to the parks. In either event, you WILL receive a text message as to the status of your room before the DME bus arrives at your resort from the airport.
    Just as something to add to this. The last time I went (Thanksgiving of this year) I didn't get a text message until 3:00 in the morning after we arrived. However, the room number did show up in the app, so if you don't get a text message check the app for the room information.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

6. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No waiting in line if you can skip the front desk. You get the notification and can head right to your room.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Like everything else, I've had some good experiences (ready to go and got into my room) other issues and ended up in line at the front desk to sort out issues.

Probably depends on your resort, do you use DME, etc.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Like everything else, I've had some good experiences (ready to go and got into my room) other issues and ended up in line at the front desk to sort out issues.

Agreed. We've also had mixed results. The times it's worked, it's great - received the text and went to our room without going to the front desk. Other times, we've not gotten a text - or worse, got the text and then couldn't get into the room when we went there directly. Seems like it should work more consistently than it does for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    Agreed. We've also had mixed results. The times it's worked, it's great - received the text and went to our room without going to the front desk. Other times, we've not gotten a text - or worse, got the text and then couldn't get into the room when we went there directly. Seems like it should work more consistently than it does for us.
    Yeah, and I hate going to my room, realizing there is an issue and have to trek back to civilization.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Just as something to add to this. The last time I went (Thanksgiving of this year) I didn't get a text message until 3:00 in the morning after we arrived. However, the room number did show up in the app, so if you don't get a text message check the app for the room information.
    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    We have also had mixed results with most of them being bad. I am still waiting on the text saying our room is ready from our visit almost a month ago. lol As others have already mentioned, online check in works about as well as most of the other new "mymagic" and app stuff.....not very well at times.

Post Thanks / Like

We have used it the last two trips and it did not work for us. We did receive texts, but they said to go to the front desk to check in. The front desk seemed to have no idea why it didn't work the way it was supposed to. I would still try it. Being able to skip the front desk would be awesome. I have no idea why check in takes so long there.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

On my last trip, I got the text and went right to my room. But when I got there, none of the 3 MagicBands that I brought with me worked. And two of them had been used before on other trips. I had to go back to the reception desk where they did something to the MagicBands. I will continue to check in on line because I like getting that text, but I will make sure my MagicBands are working before I walk to the room.

Post Thanks / Like

On my last trip, I'd done online check in and yet, never received a text. We've done online check-in on previous trips to the same resort and always gotten the text. So this time, I asked the CM at the front desk what I might have missed. Supposedly, he looked and said he couldn't figure out why it didn't work either.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: