Quantcast Nintendo Switch

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nintendo Switch

Greetings! Santa is getting my daughter Nintendo Switch for Christmas, but he's confused! I'm hoping there may be some people here who can help out. It's really about the remote. The console seems to come with two remotes--Joy-Con I guess it is--but they are really two pieces to one remote, with a gripto make it like a normal remote. Their website says, though, that each piece could be used by two people "for select games." There are games my daughter is going to want to play with her brother...for instance, Mario Cart.

Specifically, will my son and daughter be able to play Mario Cart with just the one Joy-Con that comes with the system? Also, where can I find out what games can and cannot be played by two players with the same Joy-Con? More generally, are we going to need ending up buying another Joy-Con? I can't believe how expensive they are...and with no grip. Geez.

Thank you!

The Gatchaman
    G-Force!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatchaman View Post
    Greetings! Santa is getting my daughter Nintendo Switch for Christmas, but he's confused! I'm hoping there may be some people here who can help out. It's really about the remote. The console seems to come with two remotes--Joy-Con I guess it is--but they are really two pieces to one remote, with a gripto make it like a normal remote. Their website says, though, that each piece could be used by two people "for select games." There are games my daughter is going to want to play with her brother...for instance, Mario Cart.

Specifically, will my son and daughter be able to play Mario Cart with just the one Joy-Con that comes with the system? Also, where can I find out what games can and cannot be played by two players with the same Joy-Con? More generally, are we going to need ending up buying another Joy-Con? I can't believe how expensive they are...and with no grip. Geez.

Thank you!

The Gatchaman
    so lets say you have a Joy-Con red and blue.

some games require you to use both red and blue.

some games like mario cart allow 1 player to use red and one player to use blue.
    allowing for 2 player play

Some games require 2 Joy-cons red/blue orange/green to be able to play 2 players

mario care would allow 4 players with this setup.

hope this makes sense.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: