Quantcast New Show and Updates on Star Wars Attractions Announced at Destination D 2018

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation New Show and Updates on Star Wars Attractions Announced at Destination D 2018

A new show and updates on the forthcoming Star Wars attractions were announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios at today's Destination D event:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Name:  wdww923409283420349823fi-624x352.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  52.5 KB

“Wonderful World of Animation,” which will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in May 2019 as part of the park’s 30th Anniversary celebration. The show will use state-of-the-art projection technology to take guests on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation, all beginning with Mickey himself.

Name:  swr029384024234234324343.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  50.1 KB

... Entitled Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, puts guests behind the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy in one of three unique flight crew roles.

... a second attraction, which puts guests in the middle of an epic battle between the Resistance and the First Order, is called Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. As you can see from this video, which was shot in the actual attraction, both the stakes, and the excitement are running high in this epic Star Wars cliffhanger!

These two new incredible experiences – paired with the land’s dynamic elements and optional interactive integration with the Play Disney Parks app – invite guests to become galactic travelers and live their own Star Wars stories in a galaxy far, far away.

... in Black Spire Outpost, you can shop at food stalls where you can enjoy delicacies like blue milk, or visit the Cantina where you can see an old friend Rex, as well as encounter creatures and characters that are hallmarks of the Star Wars universe.

... Oscar-winning composer John Williams is creating new and original Star Wars themes exclusively for the land! Bob shared a stirring preview of the all-new music, recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra at Abbey Road Studios.

... Guests from across the galaxy can experience this new larger-than-life land at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort beginning in 2019.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
    Likes jennsky liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Official Attraction Trailer for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run

5. Likes jennsky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Official Attraction Trailer for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

7. Likes jennsky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Construction Progress on Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge scored with John Williams' background loop for the new land.

9. Likes jennsky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These have totally got me re-excited for Galaxy's Edge! I love the music, I love the trailers. But I will not love the crowds.

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennsky View Post
    These have totally got me re-excited for Galaxy's Edge! I love the music, I love the trailers. But I will not love the crowds.

I agree 100%. It's gonna be AWESOME! The crowds though, uggh... I anticipate 3 hour plus waits for the really cool attractions.

On the plus side though, it'll pull a lot of people away from other attractions & parks. Woohoo! Less wait times!

May the Force be with us!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

We are planning to go to Disneyland in Late November/Early December next year, and this will be open! Hopefully, if it opens in the summer, it won't be totally slammed by the time we go (hopefully during a slower time), even though I'm sure the wait times will still be outrageous.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    We are planning to go to Disneyland in Late November/Early December next year, and this will be open! Hopefully, if it opens in the summer, it won't be totally slammed by the time we go (hopefully during a slower time), even though I'm sure the wait times will still be outrageous.
    As long as you try it on a week day, you MIGHT be able to get a 'fastpass' for the attractions....Forget weekends!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Ideally I would love to go to Disneyland for my first trip when Galaxy's Edge is open but the Who Framed Roger Rabbit ride is still around (I always hear that it's in danger of being replaced, any word on that?)
    Horizons, all shining and new. Horizons, where dreams do come true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNS
    Ideally I would love to go to Disneyland for my first trip when Galaxy's Edge is open but the Who Framed Roger Rabbit ride is still around (I always hear that it's in danger of being replaced, any word on that?)
    Only Toontown rumour I am aware of is a Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad clone, but that would be part of a small expansion and not replace any current attractions.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope so. I remember some people on another board thinking that the Roger Rabbit ride would be demolished to make the Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad clone over it but I don't know if it was just baseless speculation.
    Horizons, all shining and new. Horizons, where dreams do come true.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: