Quantcast Wine and Dine RunICOT 2018 Day 2 -3 Quick Takes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Wine and Dine RunICOT 2018 Day 2 -3 Quick Takes

Day 2 started with Extra Magic Hour at Disney's Hollywood Studios. As was pointed out in another thread, the walk from the Boardwalk is now an extra 5 - 8 minutes due to the New Bus Stop construction for the Studios.

Bag check and entry was slow, but moving. Most the crowd (as expected) walked back to Toy Story Land. Before I reached the start of the new land, I reached the queue for Slinky Dog. The Cast Member had a sign stating it was 65 Minutes. I turned about face and went for a stroll down Sunset Blvd, but Ian did get in (on) the line and shared that it was only about 30 minutes.

After riding Tower of Tower back to back 4 times, I felt satisfied with my "extra hour". Met up with the rest of the RunICOT crew later in the day and we did our Fastpasses, jut before storms rolled in. We took shelter in the Backlot Express and were surprised by the Tornado Warnings. When the weather cleared we called it a day and heading back to our hotels.

Day 3 started with the Extra Magic Hour at Disney's Animal Kingdom. They were moving people into the park as early as 7:30 am for the 8:00 am start. The line for Flight of Passage was at the giant seed pod, but moving at a very steady pace as they filled the "queue" area. I was off the ride by 8:15 am with the ride starting operation at 8:00 am, so that did not seem too bad, plus the queue area is very enjoyable. The river ride was posted up to 25 minutes at that point, so I opted to wait for my Fastpass later in the morning. Snacked on a Lumpia and enjoyed it quite a bit, kind of like a Sweet Pineapple Spring Roll. Did my three Fastpasses and had lunch at Flame Tree before heading to the Magic Kingdom to meet up with the rest of the RunICOT crew. Magic Kingdom was pretty crowded but got in most of my favorites (Tiki Birds w/ Dole Whip stop, Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress). Ate at Liberty Tavern for the first time and did the Wishes Dessert Party with Plaza viewing for the second time. Still really like the Plaza viewing and would recommend for those looking for a great view with out need to stake out a spot far in advance (the desserts are just icing on top). With fireworks done, took a nice stroll to the Contemporary and grabbed an Uber back to the Boardwalk. Really convenient, waited only about 1 minute at still a bargain at <$10 with surge pricing.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes magicofdisney, faline, PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great couple of days.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE taking Uber when I am down there. So much easier when leaving the parks!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

So if I would take an Uber from Epcot to a Disney Springs hotel, where do you meet the driver and how much do you think they would charge?
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Busy couple of days!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Pongu Lumpia is a must for me on every visit now!!! Warm pineapple-cream cheese mix in a sugared spring roll is delicious!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer
    So if I would take an Uber from Epcot to a Disney Springs hotel, where do you meet the driver and how much do you think they would charge?
    Probably less than $10 depending on which Uber level you select. I ended up doing Uber Select for most of the trips because they had the shortest wait time (<2 min)--and at most points of the trip not waiting was worth the extra money. I think I saw $4-$6 range for that length of trip on the standard Uber. Only thing to watch for is surge pricing. I looked back and actually forgot what I payed for an Uber at park close it was about triple what I remembered it was due to the "demand" at that given time.

There is a location (typically near the charter bus stops) at each park. Look for the "Ride Share" spot, the App itself will also guide you to it using the GPS on your phone. Not sure on Epcot specifically, because I walked from the Boardwalk.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

10. Thanks Katzateer thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: