Quantcast What is this planning you speak of? Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is this planning you speak of? Day 4

DS got up and took DDIL to the airport at some point in the day, but I have no idea when it was. I slept and slept and slept some more. DS took a nap when he realized I wasn't going to wake up any time soon. At some point in the early afternoon, we both dragged our bodies out of bed. DS made some breakfast for us. (Yeah, I was totally spoiled this trip.)
    I confessed that I didn't to go to a park that day, and DS agreed. We spent some time walking around the resort to check it out. It was a pretty good place. Not a traditional timeshare like I am used to, but someone had converted a hotel into timeshare units. It was on the lake. You could get boats to go out on the lake. There was a volleyball net, some bbq areas, a swimming pool, a place to fish, a gazebo and a hammock.
    Today was the day that I discovered there is a whole lot more to Orlando than Disney World. Yes, I knew it in my head, but I had not ventured much beyond the mouse's kingdom before. There were several interesting looking buildings on the road we were staying on. I told DS I wanted to go see the one with the giant wizard on it. I had also seen it during our helicopter flight on the previous trip. It turned out to be a souvenir shop. I thought it would be full of cheap, cheesy 99 cent souvenirs, but it had some pretty nice stuff. I wound up buying some Christmas presents and gifts to give the people back home.
    DS said that he was hungry. I'm pretty sure this is a permanent state for him since his teenage years. It must take a lot to fuel a 6'4" body frame. I excitedly told him that I wanted to go to the build your own pasta station at Port Orleans Riverside. DS never passes up pasta, so off we went to Port Orleans. I texted PopPhan to find out about Yeeha Bob. Everyone says they love him, and it seemed like a laid back way to enjoy our evening. Ever the fount of knowledge, PopPhan told us how to find him.
    DS had never been to Port Orleans before, and he loved it. The food court was crazy busy, but we didn't have to wait in line too long. DS indulged my fascination with the fire (the whole reason I go here), and then we got some refillable mugs. Even though we weren't staying there, I always bring a cup back home with me. I was tired of wearing my arm sling, so I was wandering around without it. I was holding my arm in that same position though, so DS continued to laugh about me looking like I had a stomach ache instead of a hurt arm.
    After dinner, we headed to the River Roost, but Yeeha Bob wasn't playing that night. They had someone else, but DS and I didn't stay. We wandered out to the horse and carriage rides. They were all booked up though. We decided to take the boat to Disney Springs (which I still call Downtown Disney). DDIL wanted DS to get a Star Wars hat that had a piece of wood on the brim which said "May the Forest be with you". I had also secretly made plans with my other kids to buy DS the Kylo Ren lightsaber for a group Christmas present. I wasn't able to shake DS in order to buy it though. He was very good at making sure no one could bump my arm. I eventually had to just tell him instead of surprising him at Christmas. He got the same gleam in his eye that he used to get as a little boy on Christmas morning. Then he couldn't stand the thought of having to wait a couple of months go be able to play with it. Although I was disappointed in not surprising him, I think I may enjoy his torture of not being able to touch it even more. We couldn't find the hat. A CM said they didn't carry it there, but they may have it at Animal Kingdom.
    I wanted to get one of the Mickey ears with interchangeable bows. They were nowhere to be found though (the base ears that is). A cast member at World of Disney said that Stitch was holding them hostage in the back and to check back in a couple of days.
    We went into Amorette's Patisserie. Everything looked so amazing, but it turned out to be a big disappointment. The chocolate dessert wasn't very chocolatey. The hot chocolate came in a tiny cup that I could fit my whole hand around and disappeared entirely when DS put his hand around it. Then it wasn't even filled all the way. I probably won't ever go back there again.
    There was a person dressed all in purple with purple body paint standing perfectly still just a little outside of the Patisserie. First there was a female, and then there was a male. It was fun to watch people walk up to take a picture and then get the **** scared out of them when the person moved.
    We wandered through the Christmas shop, because I wanted to buy my daughter a first Christmas ornament. I had bought one for each of the boys when they got married too. I couldn't decide between two, so I took pictures of them to look at later. It was almost time for the last boat back to Port Orleans, so we headed out.
    DS wanted to stop at the wheel before we left Port Orleans. He took some pictures, and we wandered all over the grounds. I love this resort. It holds a lot of great memories for me, and it is so peaceful to just walk through.
    DS was thinking about flying back home in the next couple of days, so he had me try to drive the truck back to the timeshare. It didn't go so well, so he just made arrangements with his school to stay with me the whole time I was there. I felt badly that he put his life on hold, but at the same time, I was extremely happy that I got to spend more time with him.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Those relaxed non-parks days often turn out to be very pleasant ones - sounds like you had one of those!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: