Quantcast Day 4 - African Safaris, Asian Mountains, and Alien Moons

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day 4 - African Safaris, Asian Mountains, and Alien Moons

Wednesday October 24 - This day was Animal Kingdom day, so strap in fellow Wilderness Explorers as I take you through our adventure...

We arrived at the park a little later in the morning than planned, but no big deal... We adapted NO RUSH as our vacation motto... Upon entering the park, we headed left toward Pandora and Africa... I looked at the app and saw Flight of Passage had a 2 hour wait already... I didn't have fast passes for it, nor was I able to secure any, so we decided to skip Pandora for now... I did have fast passes for Na'vi River Ride but for later in the day... Africa because our first stop...

We were able to make the first showing of the Festival of the Lion King... And this show just gets better... Great way to start the day... I only had one question come to my mind... I believe the lead younger female says her name is Kibibi meaning princess in Swahili... However, I looked that up cause I like to research name meanings in foreign languages, and according to what I found Kibibi actually means little woman... Disney couldn't have messed this up, could they???

After Lion King, we rode Kilimanjaro Safari... And it was a great safari... Many of the animals were out and about, and our guide was pretty good too...

Our fast pass for Everest was coming up so we strolled on over into Asia... We conquered Expedition Everest, and my father and I agreed, much better coaster than Slinky Dog... Two different animals, I know... But still... LOL...

Now here is where something sad, pathetic, or whatever, I don't know how to describe it happened to me... Nothing bad so no worries!!!

See, I watch these Youtube videos of someone from New Jersey who has worked the college program... I followed her vlogs about the DCP and her park adventures, and her working adventures, as well as her personal life at home adventures... In her vlogs she tells her viewers if they ever see her to stop and say hi... We've communicated on Instagram a little, so I told her I would be in WDW this week... She told me to say hi if i see her... Well, anyway, as my father and I were walking from Africa into Asia, I thought i saw her at her post... It looked like her, so yea probably was... But I never went over to introduce myself... I am all for making new friends, especially Disney friends... And who knows if they become a friend to hang out with while visiting WDW.... But, I never approached her... I suddenly felt shy, weird even... Plus my father was with me... And I tend to hold myself back in front of him, though he says all the time I don't need to... I just do... Always did in front of my parents... What do you think??? Pathetic on my part?? Sad??? Think I did the right thing and not introduce myself??

OK, back to our adventure... After Everest we went to watch Finding Nemo the Musical... MY FAVORITE SHOW... Yes I love it... just a little more than FotLK, but I do love both... I checked my app and it was time for our Dinosaur FP.. HOWEVER....

Dinosaur was down... Oh well, first thing that didn't go right today... Since dinner was booked for 7:30 PM, we got some pizza at Pizzafari... And after eating, we went to sit in It's Tough to Be A Bug so we could digest comfortably...

ITTBAB is still cute even though it is old... I don't want to say it needs to be replaced maybe freshened up...

Checked the app again, Dinosaur was still down... So, we went on another safari ride... Second ride was as good as the first with the animals but we had a better guide this time...

We found some shade and sat down cooling down with refreshing and very expensive $3.50 bottle of water... I checked the app one more time... Dinosaur was now open and FoP ad an almost 3 hour wait... NO!!!!!!

We walked over to Dinosaur where we approached two Cast Members outside the ride.. Apparently it broke down again... Oh well, nothing we could do... We decided now was the time to just head into Pandora...

We spent the first few minutes taking in the sites... And taking a few pictures... I then went into the gift shop so I could adopt a banshee... Now I just need a name for him.... I also got him a perch so he can rest on it... hehehehehe...

There was still time before out river ride FP time, so we sat around watching the drum show... Best I can do it call it the drum show... Very energetic show... My dad enjoyed it... After the show the FP time was on hand...

This was the first time my father was on the ride... and HE LOVED IT... I do to honestly... While I do think FoP is probably one of the best rides on property, I feel like I cannot complete my Pandora experience without the river ride... After the ride, we went to see the wait time for FoP and found the ride down... At that point they were only taking FP, no stand by... I looked at the time on my phone and mentioned it was 6:30 and dinner was booked at 7:30... We tried to figure out if we wanted to do anything more but we didn't...

We exited Animal Kingdom and walked over to Rainforest Cafe, which is where I booked our dinner... I checked in some 45 minutes early... They didn't seem to mind... Plus, I booked for 4 and now we only had 2, which again was an easy modification at check in... For some reason the app wouldn't let me...

We waited maybe 5 minutes before they called my name... We were shown our seat and in a matter of minutes we placed out order.... We were done eating by 7:30, the time of my ADR... I laughed, my father thought it was great... No complaints from us... We hopped on the bus back to Saratoga Springs where we just kicked back and relaxed the rest of the night, knowing Thursday was going to be a busy and long day... Again, no complaints that we were back at the room an hour before we thought we would be..

Over all, another great and fun filled day... I just love Animal Kingdom, and I think I may spend extra time there in May rather than in DHS...

Day 5 - This is Halloween and I am the Pumpkin King coming up...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Wednesday October 24

Now here is where something sad, pathetic, or whatever, I don't know how to describe it happened to me... Nothing bad so no worries!!!

See, I watch these Youtube videos of someone from New Jersey who has worked the college program... I followed her vlogs about the DCP and her park adventures, and her working adventures, as well as her personal life at home adventures... In her vlogs she tells her viewers if they ever see her to stop and say hi... We've communicated on Instagram a little, so I told her I would be in WDW this week... She told me to say hi if i see her... Well, anyway, as my father and I were walking from Africa into Asia, I thought i saw her at her post... It looked like her, so yea probably was... But I never went over to introduce myself... I am all for making new friends, especially Disney friends... And who knows if they become a friend to hang out with while visiting WDW.... But, I never approached her... I suddenly felt shy, weird even... Plus my father was with me... And I tend to hold myself back in front of him, though he says all the time I don't need to... I just do... Always did in front of my parents... What do you think??? Pathetic on my part?? Sad??? Think I did the right thing and not introduce myself??

I probably would have done the exact same thing as you. Even though she's really friendly and says to say "Hi", I just freeze up. So you're not alone in reacting that way. However, like you, I strongly suspect it's sad/pathetic behavior as I do it.

5. Thanks DizneyFreak2002 thanked for this post
    Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    I probably would have done the exact same thing as you. Even though she's really friendly and says to say "Hi", I just freeze up. So you're not alone in reacting that way. However, like you, I strongly suspect it's sad/pathetic behavior as I do it.
    I know I am shy... That's one thing... I may not come across that way on here, but that is because no one can see me LOL... In person, I clam up... With strangers.... If I were to meet anyone from on here I wouldn't clam up...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Animal Kingdom day!! Sorry, you didn't get on Flight of Passage but I really like the Navi River ride a lot so have no problem doing that in lieu of Flight.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

8. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

glad you had a good day. I didnt like Rainforest but hope you did. ill be there next wk but couldnt get a fastpass for FOP. my ex was just there and said she waited a long time and it wasnt good.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it is pathetic that you didn't say Hi. I would feel weird interrupting someone's work day. I had a great time with our Intercot meets at breakfast, but I think I think it would feel awkward if anyone would have been working. How long do you stay and chat? You don't want to get the person in trouble with their boss, but you also don't want to seem rude and just leave.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Nice Animal Kingdom day!! Sorry, you didn't get on Flight of Passage but I really like the Navi River ride a lot so have no problem doing that in lieu of Flight.
    Eh it's cool... I was on it in April... Maybe next year when I come back in May...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    glad you had a good day. I didnt like Rainforest but hope you did. ill be there next wk but couldnt get a fastpass for FOP. my ex was just there and said she waited a long time and it wasnt good.
    I actually did enjoy my meal at Rainforest... I had the Korean chicken stir fry... As for FoP, it ranks as my second or third favorite ride in WDW right now... But it is a toss up because 7D has moved up in rank.... Splash Mountain is still my favorite in WDW though....

I had a fantastic meal Friday night... Will tell you all about it soon.. I will be highly recommending this restaurant...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I don't think it is pathetic that you didn't say Hi. I would feel weird interrupting someone's work day. I had a great time with our Intercot meets at breakfast, but I think I think it would feel awkward if anyone would have been working. How long do you stay and chat? You don't want to get the person in trouble with their boss, but you also don't want to seem rude and just leave.
    That's part of it too... How long is too long?? When does it become awkward??? When do you say HEY CAN I GET YOUR NUMBER? LoL.... And of course, getting in trouble... Funny thing with bosses, they expect you to work... Now an argument can be made that talking to me would be work, she was creating magic.. BUT was she doing her hired job??? Yea tricky situation and I would have felt bad if I was the reason she got in trouble...

If she is there in May, then maybe I will have the guts to say HELLO...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: