Quantcast Are We There Yet? Trip Report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are We There Yet? Trip Report

Normally I write a detailed day by day trip report, but I don't know if I will have time to do that this time. I wanted to jot down a few highlights though.

Epcot
    Restaurant Marrakesh was amazing! The food was delicious and the service was awesome. Our server noticed DDIL2's birthday pin and surprised her with a birthday dessert. I still don't know how he managed to sneak it and the other employees who sang with him up to the table without any of us noticing.

The Princess interaction at Akershush was great. I really didn't expect DGD to get excited about the princesses, since she is only 2. As soon as we entered the building, she saw Snow White and bolted over to her though. Each of the princesses was very good about spending time with her on her level.

We saw Illuminations for the last time. It made me sad to know it was the last time when my DGD watched the globe come out for the first time and said "Wow" and then "oh cool".

Hollywood Studios

We ran into Pocahontas and Tiana as we were entering the park. DGD actually got quite a few autographs in her book.

I was pretty disappointed in the Star Wars nighttime show. My son called it "a missed opportunity". I'm glad we saw it, but it definitely won't be a must do.

Everyone liked Slinky Dog Dash. I was worried that it would be too scary for my DGD, but she loved it.

DS tried the candied bacon tart at Woody's Lunchbox quick service. He wasn't too impressed. He said you couldn't really taste the bacon.

Magic Kingdom
    There's never enough time to do everything at this park. Luckily, everyone has been to Disneyland enough to know what they really enjoy.

DD and DSIL had their honeymoon breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table and enjoyed every moment of it. In the meantime, DGD and I rode the carousel again and again and again and again. The whole 1.5 hours that they ate, DGD wanted to ride the carousel.

The Dumbo fastpass was a God send.

The boys didn't like 7 Dwarves Mine Train as much as Big Thunder. I think nostalgia really has a hand in this.

MNSSHP was not as good as it used to be. I now understand why a lot of people on here say they wouldn't pay the price to attend. On the up side, they do have a lot of really cool photo opportunities still - the tangled lantern, the headless horseman, the hitchhiking ghosts, etc

I couldn't use my DAS for the character meet and greets. My DD got in to see Jack and Sally and Moana though.

Animal Kingdom
    This was everyone's favorite park. Our plan for our last day had been to return to Epcot. That changed to Animal Kingdom. Flight of Passage was a big hit, and Kali River Rapids was DGD's favorite ride.

Family dining at Pizzafari was pretty disappointing. The whole thing was unorganized and the food wasn't that great.

DD, DSIL, DS1 and DDIL1 all went to EE to do single rider line with baby swap. They weren't allowed to do it.

Disney Springs
    The Void was freaking amazing! We did it way too many times for my bank account to be happy. :P I definitely want to do it again when I go back.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique did an astoundingjob with DGD. I thought for sure she wouldn't sit still for the whole thing, but they got it done. DD took her over to the Disney Springs photopass room. The photographer was sensational. I am going to try to get my pictures posted at the end of this week.

Kids' Night Out
    I was pretty worn out from chasing a 2 year old around, so I called Kids' Night Out for a little help during MNSSHP. Our first babysitter showed up a little late and promptly said that she was sick. The company was supposed to be finding another sitter. Eventually one of their office girls met us at The Edison to relieve the original sitter. Since we were all going to be eating together and then returning to the room to get ready for the Halloween Party, I suggested that they just send another sitter when we went to the Halloween Party. Everyone agreed with the idea. We had a little trouble meeting up with the new sitter, but in the end, she was really great with DGD. DD really liked her.

DS1 and I went for a helicopter ride of WDW. The pilot was great with this helicopter noob.
    DS2, DDIL2 and I went to Jellyrolls for a while. The last time I was there, DS2 was too young to go in, but I had called him and let him listen to "Don't Stop Believin'". This time, he got to be right beside me. We sang along when they played it for us and there was some great banter between the performers and the audience.
    DD and I went for massages at Massage Envy. They always do a great job. Then we ate at O'Charlie's.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Most of our plans got thrown out the window as we went along, but it made our trip even better. Instead of rushing to morning fastpasses, we all got together for breakfast in the rooms. It was incredible to just watch my kids joke around while I was making French toast and bacon. DS1 made over medium eggs for everyone one morning. I had no idea he even knew how to make them.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Thanks PopPhan, faline thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, BriarRose0708, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly, lots of wonderful memories were created on this trip!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: