Quantcast Experiences worth it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Experiences worth it?

Are the experiences for the fireworks (the dessert or dinners) worth it? What about the ones for the LionKing show?
    Can you use your dining plan?
    Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking for WDW info or DL information?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the dinner (or breakfast or lunch) packages are on the Disney Dining Plan. The dessert ones are not.
    We have used the meal ones often over the years and have found them very handy if you are going to that restaurant anyway and also want to see the show that evening. Not having to wait in the looooong standby line is a real benefit. And you also get to order from the regular menu most of the time.
    We went to the dessert party at Magic Kingdom, it was a gift from our daughter and I felt for the price it couldn't possibly be worth it. Surprise for me it was wonderful and we have plans to do the one in Epcot. It is costly but for a very special splurge it was super.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

WDW....sorry!

Post Thanks / Like

I think this depends on the individual/family and the show.

For someone who has been a lot, then it might not be worth it to spend the money to see something they have seen a dozen times before. For someone who has never been, it is probably the best way to ensure that they have that great view of whatever show they are going to.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the desert party for the MK was well worth it. the deserts are ok, but the staff is very accomdationg and the view is awesome.
    for the HS, the deserts were better, and they had storm troopers coming and going so it was a nice experience for the kids. the viewing is good, but i think you could get better.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I have done many of the dessert parties and "magical extras" at WDW over the years. My favorites have been the Pirates and Pals cruise and the Frozen Ever After dessert party.

We have done the cruise 3x now the most recent being this past March. It is always a great experience for all ages. Everyone has a blast and honestly the price is very reasonable. The downside is the weather can be a little unpredictable on the water and I have found a light ja ket is always a great idea as is a small bag to put some snacks ks to eat during the boat ride. They encourage taking snacks but do not provide any way of transporting them besides little plates and cups. The drawback now is while the fireworks have a great unobstructed view, the projected images are almost unseen from the water. Another benefit is avoiding all the crowds. I highly value that.

The Frozen dessert party was great and we did this for the 1st time in March. The food/desserts were superior to the other parties we have attended and the service was also superior. While the price tag was higher, it was well worth it in comparison. The seats and tables were literally along the water yielding a perfect view. And everything is extremely centralized and very accessible. The cast members were very helpful and clear in the plan for the evening. I would repeat this given the opportunity.

Lastly, I will mention the MK dessert party. I feel this is extremely overrated but we have done it several times. I like the idea but I do not like the crammed quarters and somewhat subpar views from inside the terrace. Recently we have done the garden view and while it is a pain to either stuff yourself and then leave or to carry your items with you as again there are no adequate means of doing so provided, the view in the garden in amazing and you have quite a good bit of space to lean or spread out within the gated area. After the fireworks, we were able to move into the hub after most people had left and found extremely close standing room to watch the Once Upon a Time show. I would do this show again with the Garden View area but only for the view. The food while good was far from amazing and the drinks were lukewarm and not being refilled. I have recommended this party in the past but only in instances where a reserved space would really make it easier for the guest. If only getting one chance to see the MK fireworks, this is a great option as you have reserved areas affording guests more touring time.

As others have mentioned it is a personal choice. What some love others do not. The parties IMHO are worth the expense especially when time and days in the parks are limited.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, done the dessert thing at both DL and WDW MK. A must at DL, as it is the only way to see Fantasmic.

Do it. The treats are delicious, you won't regret it.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite