Quantcast Polynesian Recommendations?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Polynesian Recommendations?

We used to stay at the Poly every year when our boys were young. I know there have been major changes there since our last stay in 2012. I'm in the process of planning a trip in January taking my son and 1 year old granddaughter. We used to request a room on the ground floor of Samoa because the boys could walk out of the sliding glass door and go straight to the pool. I know that's not possible like it used to be. What are some recommendations for requests? I know requests are not guaranteed, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can certainly still request a room in Samoa. Every time I've requested a certain area, it's always been granted. Like you said, it doesn't hurt to ask and it being January, you may get it! The only area I try to stay away from is near the Luau Cove. I've heard it can get loud from the show at night, but I'm not 100% sure because we've never stayed on that side of the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

I have stYed at the Poly many many times. It is our favorite resort and I am a Poly brat as is my toddler. I have recently stayed in Aotearoa and Fiji. With both of these rooms we had a standard view and still had some views of the lagoon. Both were 3rd floor rooms. We never were bothered by the Luau/noise in either room. Most of the time we were in the parks when the shows were going on. Occassionally we were in the Aotearoa room changing for dinner when people were going to and from the Luau and it was noticeable only bc we had the balcony doors open. Otherwise we would never had noticed. Qe also did not hear the monorail going past although we were on the far end of that longhouse and the opposite side. I felt both rooms were very easy to access from the Ceremonial House. It was even closer if we used the boat launch. My favorite longhouse forever will be Tokelau but with the DVC conversion receiving a room there is completely unattainable as is Hawaii unless you have upgraded to Club Level and honestly been there done that and while nice it is not necessary. So many of the Poly rooms have amazing views and you will be quite happy with any of them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

deedee73 - I agree, Tokelau is also our favorite longhouse. We'll be renting DVC points next trip and I've requested it. Fingers crossed!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck. I absolutely love the location of the longhouse to the resort overall. I am sure you will have an amazing trip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: