Quantcast Walt Disney World Resort Introduces Date Based Tickets: Update 10/16 Tickets Now Live

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Walt Disney World Resort Introduces Date Based Tickets

Walt Disney World Resort announced date based tickets and a new online destination for vacation planning today.

Are you in favor of this or do you hate it?

At Walt Disney World Resort, we are constantly looking for new ways to deliver the best experience possible for our guests – from the moment they book their vacation through the very last attraction they visit in the theme parks.

With all there is to see and do in our parks, we know guests are increasingly looking for easier ways to plan a vacation with personalized options that fit their individual needs. Beginning Oct. 16 on DisneyWorld.com, guests will be able to access our new online vacation-planning destination and purchase tickets priced by the date of visit. These changes are designed to simplify the booking experience, give guests an enhanced way to purchase theme park tickets and help them more easily plan the Disney vacation of their dreams.

The new online vacation-planning destination features park offering overviews, travel tips from Disney Parks Moms Panelists and customized suggestions based on each guest’s personal preferences – helping guests make more informed decisions.

When guests are ready to purchase tickets online, they may use an interactive online calendar, which displays different prices based on the dates guests choose to visit and states tickets will need to be used during a specific time period. The calendar also allows guests to quickly see the lowest-priced days within a month. For example, prices may be lower during off-peak travel periods.

Check out the video below for a first look at how it works.

Once tickets are purchased, guests will be able to continue seamlessly planning their vacation on the website through My Disney Experience, which guides guests through the different phases and steps of personalizing their vacation to make the most of their travel party’s unique interests. Guests can manage their plans through the My Disney Experience mobile app as well, where they will also be able to access the interactive calendar and purchase their tickets on the go.

So why are we making these changes? As our parks have increased in popularity, there are more and more guests who wish to experience our world-class attractions. Introducing date-based tickets and pricing will allow us to better distribute attendance throughout the year so that we can continue to improve and deliver a great experience.

These updates are designed to help you plan your dream vacation – both now and for years to come. This is an incredibly exciting time at Walt Disney World Resort, which continues to grow and expand with industry-leading immersive lands like Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Toy Story Land and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In addition to these groundbreaking expansions, guests will also have a chance to experience upcoming attractions that take creative storytelling to the next level from the recently announced “Ratatouille” and “Guardians of the Galaxy” attractions at Epcot to a Tron-themed attraction at Magic Kingdom Park, to the first Mickey Mouse-themed attraction with Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway and so much more coming soon.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Walt Disney World Resort Introduces Date Based Tickets: Update 10/16 Tickets Now Live

The new Walt Disney World Ticketing System is live on the Walt Disney World website effective today.

As announced, the new policy uses a calendar interface for Guests to select the start date of their ticket:

Name:  T1.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  31.3 KB
    Name:  T2.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  31.4 KB

Based on the number of days selected, the Tickets have a differing "use" period. This period can be seen in the table below:

# Day Ticket Validity Period
    1 Day Selected
    2 4 Days from Day Selected
    3 5 Days from Day Selected
    4 7 Days from Day Selected
    5 8 Days from Day Selected
    6 9 Days from Day Selected
    7 10 Days from Day Selected
    8 12 Days from Day Selected
    9 13 Days from Day Selected
    10 14 Days from Day Selected

Use does not need to be consecutive, but does need to fall within the validity period unless the "flexible" add-on is purchased:

Name:  T3.jpg
Views: 1222
Size:  15.3 KB

The Flexible add-on eliminates the Start Date Validity period and allows the ticket to be used 14 Days from your first Use from now till December 31, 2019. The pricing for the Flexible Add-On varies from $15.00 per ticket for a 1 day ticket to $55.63 per ticket on a 10 day ticket.

Other add-on options like Park Hopper appear to still operate in the same manner as before.

Additional Details on the New Ticketing Policy:

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney World

Valid Ticket Dates

After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.

Changing Your Tickets

You can make changes to your tickets, including your ticket dates, prior to midnight ET of the day before your ticket’s first valid use date, {start date selected}. There’s no change fee to modify, but an additional cost applies for dates with higher ticket prices. No refund or credit is given for changes from dates with higher prices to dates with lower prices.

If you change ticket dates and you previously made FastPass+ selections, you will need to make new FastPass+ selections for any new dates you’ll be visiting the parks. Please check your selections after making any change to your ticket dates.
    Figment! aka Jason şoş
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

So much for claiming the current cuts are due to lack of visitors!!!!

According to Disney, “introducing date-based tickets and pricing will allow us to better distribute attendance throughout the year so that we can continue to improve and deliver a great experience.” So, in a nutshell, Disney World is getting too crowded, and making popular days more expensive is the most effective way to incentivize guests to visit during lower capacity times.
    I wonder how this will affect Annual Passes....It currently says it won't, but I think we all know better....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

5. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    So much for claiming the current cuts are due to lack of visitors!!!!

I wonder how this will affect Annual Passes....It currently says it won't, but I think we all know better....
    I would love an annual pass that was non-peak season only. I don't go in the summer or at Christmas/Easter time and don't plan to. If there was an option for something more like one of the Florida Resident passes for everyone I would totally get an AP. Hotels are generally cheaper during those times so they wouldn't need to offer the same AP rates, and if they offered other discounts like Tables in Wonderland or 5%-10% off hard ticket events I'd sign up on the first day.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I would love an annual pass that was non-peak season only. I don't go in the summer or at Christmas/Easter time and don't plan to. If there was an option for something more like one of the Florida Resident passes for everyone I would totally get an AP. Hotels are generally cheaper during those times so they wouldn't need to offer the same AP rates, and if they offered other discounts like Tables in Wonderland or 5%-10% off hard ticket events I'd sign up on the first day.
    I agree with most of this...My trips are always during 'off' times...Between Thanksgiving and Christmas; end-April/early-May; etc. Never on, or during holiday rushes, and NEVER during the summer months.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

What is this “seamless planning” of which they speak? Have they tried using MDE recently? I don’t mind a certain amount of planning, but this is getting ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm reading this correctly, you will be buying park tickets like you buy an airplane ticket--you need to absolutely know your dates in advance.
    For those of us who fly, this really isn't that big of a deal--If my plane tickets are November 3-9, so are my park tickets.

But I think if I lived close enough to drive down on an "impulse trip" I would feel quite confined by needing to commit and needing to plan.
    While I am a planner, I do understand that lots of folks aren't.
    My son is a Henry. I never had a Willie or a Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

Will this affect tickets already purchased for vacations after implementation date? If you purchased from someone other than WDW, will those tickets be honored?

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

With the weather variability in central Florida, I would hate to be stuck with assigned dates for each park.

Post Thanks / Like

At some point, you'll need 3 advanced degrees from MIT to be able to book a decent trip at WDW.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

13. Likes eam, RunDMV, waymickey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    At some point, you'll need 3 advanced degrees from MIT to be able to book a decent trip at WDW.
    Honestly planning a trip to Walt Disney World has become more complicated and needlessly stressful to the point that I refuse to go to WDW. In fact my last two trips have been to Universal Orlando and Disneyland because I do not need to go online 60 days before hand to plan a two minute ride and decide what I want for dinner.

On a positive note....it will be less crowded by one person (me) for all you die hards
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

15. Thanks RunDMV thanked for this post
    Likes Tekneek, eam, RunDMV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    So would I. Kind of like a "senior's pass". We aren't limited by school schedules, work schedules (been there, done that for many years) and can go when prices are lowest.

Post Thanks / Like

Pro and college sports, especially major league baseball, have been doing this for years now. They call it Dynamic Pricing. On popular days, like weekends or when your team is playing their rival, etc. they charge more for tickets as they know they will sell out anyway. Concerts now do this-- remember years ago when all tickets cost the same amount regardless where you were sitting? Now the best seats cost a lot more. Disney is just copying their model.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

For those of us who have been around long enough...... do you remember when going to disney was a vacation?

19. Thanks Wayne thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, Tekneek, Wayne, texas211, waymickey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    Will this affect tickets already purchased for vacations after implementation date? If you purchased from someone other than WDW, will those tickets be honored?
    From what I'm reading the tickets will be honored.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you can still buy park hopper tickets?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    From what I'm reading the tickets will be honored.
    Thank you …. I was looking around online and couldn't find any info on that.

(we used to buy from the sponsor here from this site, but our local automotive club had better pricing this time)

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    For those of us who have been around long enough...... do you remember when going to disney was a vacation?
    Four score and 7 years ago...
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Pro and college sports, especially major league baseball, have been doing this for years now. They call it Dynamic Pricing. On popular days, like weekends or when your team is playing their rival, etc. they charge more for tickets as they know they will sell out anyway. Concerts now do this-- remember years ago when all tickets cost the same amount regardless where you were sitting? Now the best seats cost a lot more. Disney is just copying their model.
    Could be why I don't go to sporting events and concerts.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

25. Likes waymickey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Four score and 7 years ago...
    Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a theme park, conceived with the idea that all parents and children could have fun together, and dedicated to the proposition that all park-goers are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that theme park, or any theme park so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure the bean counters.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

27. Thanks Wayne thanked for this post
    Likes texas211 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: