Quantcast Solo in September - Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo in September - Day 4

Tue, Sep 4
    FP+ 1 = Flight of Passage 9:25-10:25am
    FP+ 2 = Safari 10:25am-11:25am
    FP+ 3 = Dinosaur 11:25-12:25pm
    ADR = None

How am I at the halfway point already?!?

Lemme say, I was so exhausted after the previous day that I went to bed right at 11pm, and I know they did another round of Halloween fireworks after I went to bed, and they didn't wake me up!

Anyhow, today is AK day, first time this trip. Since my FOP FP wasn't until 9:25am I knew I didn't have to be there at opening. I mean, I was anyway, but by the time I was through bag check it was right around 8:55am.

I first went to Navi River Journey. Peaceful. But by the time I got in queue I was already a drippy, sweaty mess. What is it about AK that makes it such a steam bath?

I had about 5 min to kill before FOP so I texted my dad and then jumped on the line. Great ride! It was only my second time so I didn't remember it too well.

At this point my timing was pretty off for FP+. I was able to move up my Safari to 10:10 instead of 10:25 so I just got some water from Creature Comforts and then sat until it was time. That's what I hate about FP. Cause the standby wait wasn't that bad but I felt like I *had* to use my FP, ya know? While on queue I was also able to move up my Dino FP to 11am so that worked out.

I had a great safari; lots of good animal activity.

After I walked over to Everest, which is the most extreme coaster I can handle. Single rider line was available.

I skip Kali cause I hate being that wet. I was hungry so made my way to Restaurantosaurus. I know there are more exciting places to eat at AK but Panda was too far away (I had the steamed pods last year and wanted them again but I was in the wrong place at the wrong time) and it was too hot and gross out for Flame Tree. And I'm not a fan of pizzafari. So a burger it was! It his the spot and I'm pleased the toppings bar is still there. And the meal came with a dessert, which was a nice surprise.

I then rode Dinosaur and wandered around Dinoland. Didn't ride anything else. That Primevil Whirl coaster gave me neck pain last time I rode it so I said never again.

I thought about Tough to be a Bug but wasn't in the mood. I was too hot and gross. I wandered the shops instead. And then at 12:30pm I left the park. I know, I didn't do much, no treks or anything. And I told myself I'd do Rafiki's Planet Watch this trip but once there and you're hot and sweaty and tired you're just not in the mood, ya know?

I had no wait for the bus to come and only like 5 of us on it. Once I got back to Contemporary I was very pleased that my room was already made up. I immediately put my pajamas on, crawled into bed, and passed out for 90 solid minutes.

I got up around 3pm and put on my bathing suit to check out the pool area. I realized I hadn't explored the outside of the resort yet. I took a dip in the pool, which was pracitically vacant. Then I wandered the marina a bit just to check it out. I didn't go to the Bay Lake Tower area though. I thought about taking a boat to Fort Wilderness cause I've never been there but again, too tired.

Went back to my room to freshen up and then had a long debate with myself: Disney Springs or MK. I haven't been to DS yet this trip, but I also set this night aside to watch the fireworks in the park since i haven't seen Happily Ever After up close yet. MK won.

Walked to MK, and went straight to Pecos Bill's for dinner. It just after 5pm at this point. Then I did Pirates and while in line got a FP for Haunted Mansion, which was available right away.

Did HM and then Little Mermaid. Everything seemed to have really long waits. Decided to hang out in Tomorrowland for a while before claiming a fireworks spot. Did PeopleMover, visited with my friends John, Sarah, Patty, and Jimmy, and then did PeopleMover again. Cause why not? Then I found a good spot for fireworks about 45 min before it started.

It was a great show. I love the castle projections. But I like the Wishes score better. And I didn't realize Tinkerbell flies later on in the show; I thought she just wasn't appearing tonight. So that was a nice surprise.

The madness leaving the park is why I rarely do closing and fireworks in the parks anymore. Oy vey. And at that point my feet were killing me (got 3 blisters, ouch!). The walk back to Contemporary was looooonnnnng.

But I first stopped on the fourth floor to pick up a peanut butter pie that I've heard so much about. I was too hot and tired to eat it but it's in my room fridge and I'm sure will make a fantastic breakfast.

I'm now showered, cooled off, and ready for bed. Only 3 full days left. Crazy how fast this is going!
    *Cindy

Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The freedom to do whatever you please must be liberating! Have fun tomorrow! Double sock!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Is Restaurantosaurus like the old Pecos Bill with the toppings bar?
    I agree about Primeval Whirl. I used to love it, but now it is just too jerky.
    Be sure to let us know how the peanut butter pie was for breakfast.
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Is Restaurantosaurus like the old Pecos Bill with the toppings bar?
    I agree about Primeval Whirl. I used to love it, but now it is just too jerky.
    Be sure to let us know how the peanut butter pie was for breakfast.
    For Restaurantosaurus - yup! Grilled mushrooms and onions, tomatoes, pickles, raw onion, jalepenos, etc. Only thing missing was the old melted cheese.

Peanut butter pie is delish! Kinda heavy though. I only ate a few bites.
    *Cindy

Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    For Restaurantosaurus - yup! Grilled mushrooms and onions, tomatoes, pickles, raw onion, jalepenos, etc. Only thing missing was the old melted cheese.

Peanut butter pie is delish! Kinda heavy though. I only ate a few bites.
    Thank you for the info. I'll definitely have to give Restaurantosaurus a try.
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Post Thanks / Like

Despite the tired feet and the heat, you had a very nice day and accomplished quite a lot!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    faline@intercot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! Another busy day!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: