Quantcast Solo in September - Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo in September - Day 3

Mon, Sep 3
    FP+ 1 = 7 Dwarfs 9:15-10:15am
    FP+ 2 = Big Thunder 10:15-11:15am
    FP+ 3 = Pirates 11:15-12:15pm
    ADR = Be Our Guest 8am
    ADR = Garden Grill 6:05pm

Rise and shine! Up and at 'em! So a little fact about me: I'm incapable of judging time and I'm always ridiculously early for everything. So for an 8am ADR at BOG, I set the alarm for 5:50am. Needless to say, I was at the MK entrance at like 7:25am and they don't even let you past the train station until 7:45am. I could have slept a bit later. Oops.

Anyway, yes, back to the MK after being there yesterday. It just made the most sense when planning based on crowd levels. It was my first BOG breakfast, and probably my last. I didn't like it. Good CS value, but no way is it worth $25. I got the sandwich and it was just meh. The pastries were really good though. But I thought this would fill me up so I could do a snack for lunch but I was starving by 11am.

After breakfast, I decided to do Peter Pan first. Then Pooh. And then, when it was time, for my 7DMT FP+, the ride was down. Got an email saying I could go on any other ride at MK that day or try again at 7DMT if it was back open. I went to HM and then used the shortcut to go to Jungle Cruise (no wait). Then I was going to go on Pirates (even though I had a FP+ for later, I love that ride so I'd go on twice), but it was also down. But I saw 7DMT was back up. So first I went to the BTMRR for FP+ and then I went all the way back to 7DMT. At this point was really hungry (as mentioend above) so got to Columbia Harbour House right when it opened. Got the trio platter and ate upstairs.

After sitting for a while, and talking to my parents who were at my house feeding my cats, I went to Pirates, which was now running again. Then I crossed over to Tomorrowland to ride the PeopleMover.

At this point I made the decision to not take a break today and made a FP+ for Toy Story Mania at 1:45-2:45pm. After my tour of Tomorrowland, I grabbed a Joffrey's frozen cappuccino for a pick-me-up and headed out to the busses.

Bus was already waiting so that was a plus. But the construction of the skyliner at HS makes the walk from the busses to the entrance very, very long. And now I was starting to feel very, very tired. But oh well. Trudge on! The sky was looking ominous at this point. Got near Star Tours right as it started pouring. Was drenched as I entered the line.

After the ride it was still raining and I was thirsty so I sat with a cup of water at Backlot Express for a while. Once the rain turned to drizzed I set out for TSM, cause I was now in my FP window.

Rode it, did terribly as always (heh), and then walked around Toy Story Land. It was way too crowded to really enjoy the atmosphere. I left the area and walked up Hollywood Boulevard. I mentioned that I'm a ride wimp so I don't do RnR or ToT. I just walked and went into shops and bought a bottle of water (cash, not snack credit).

It started pouring again so broke down and bought a Disney poncho. I then left HS and went to the Epcot boat, which was already there and I was able to walk right on.

Enjoyed the relaxing ride and by that time the rain started to clear. Wandered around the UK and Canada pavilions and scored a FP+ for the Land for 5-6pm. It was like 4pm at this time. TT was down so I rode Mission Space (green) with no wait. Then Spaceship Earth. Then it was 5pm exactly so I went to the Land and rode the boat and then sat in the Sunshine Seasons area until it was time to check into Garden Grill.

I was so bone tired by this point. Was seated instantly and really enjoyed this restaurant. First time eating here. My server was fabulous; he knew I was dining alone so he came to my table every time a character came so he could take our picture. I tipped him really, really well, lol. I thought the food was great (esp. the pot roast and dessert). I could have done without the mac'n cheese and fries. I get that they're there for the kiddies mostly but it was so much starch, what with the mashed potatoes and stuffing on the regular platter. If I go there again I would tell them don't bother to bring those unless I was dining with others. But okay, I did wind up eating some mac'n cheese (shhh).

So now that I was fed I needed to walk a bit but was so tired and my feet hurt. I went into Mouse Gears anyway. Bought a new Minnie umbrealla to replace my broken one at home, plus a 3-pack of socks and cute Minnie mini backpack. And then I left the park. Got to the monorail at 7:30 and was back at the Contemporary at like 8:15. Still don't like this travel! Still may take a Minnie Van later in the week!

Also while I was writing this I took a break to watch the Halloween fireworks from my balcony. So good!

Well now it's 11pm and I've been going since 7am so goodnight! Until tomorrow.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Contemporary has never really appealed to me, but you are making me rethink that with your balcony views.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

You're getting so much done and have made great use of Fastpasses! I hope you have a great day today.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I’m loving your posts! Looking forward to today’s adventures!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! Three parks in one day!! No wonder you were tired at the end of the day!! Another great night of fireworks viewing!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Super long day and in that heat too!!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow you are a serious party of 1 adventurer! I wouldn't have made it that long during the day.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: