Quantcast Solo in September - Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo in September - Day 2

Sun, Sep 2
    FP+ 1 = Space Mountain 9-10am
    FP+ 2 = Peter Pan 10:25-11:25pm
    FP+ 3 = 7 Dwarfs 12:35-1:35pm
    ADR = Be Our Guest 11:30am
    ADR = Kona Cafe 6:15pm

First full day at MK! LOVED walking from the resort. That is the best perk, hands down. Got to the hub exactly at 8:55am so didn't have to stand around too long.

Headed to Space Ranger Spin first (I'm terrible at it, lol) and then PeopleMover. Then did my SM FP+. Wasn't expecting the construction having us exit out the back! That was weird.

Went to Pooh and waited like 25min. Then I did Small World and Peter Pan FP+ right at 10:30am. Then I decided to do the Carousel cause there was no one waiting (probably cause there's construction around it). I can't even remember the last time I did the Carousel. Next up was Little Mermaid, again no wait.

I had about 20 minutes before my lunch ressie so I sat inside Gaston's with a cup of water and rested.

Lunch was good. I pre-ordered the French dip sandwhich plus a master's cupcake. When I checked in I said I wanted to use a CS credit for the meal and a snack for the cupcake, and the CM said "oh I can put it all in one meal for you" and I didn't understand what she meant until I saw the receipt and saw she gave me the cupcake for free. And to be honest, I'm glad I didn't waste a snack credit on it. It was yummy but TINY compared to all the other Disney cupcakes! I thought it was a mini version but someone at the table next to me also got one and it was the same size. But anyway, the meal was great. Super tender roast beef sandwhich and that bread is so good!

I sat inside the restaurant for an hour until it was time for my 7DMT FP but it started torrential down-pouring at that time. So I ducked out until it passed. It cleared quickly and I rode the mine train (which absolutely kills my knees... anyone else find it squeezes really badly?).

After that I booked a FP+ for Pirates for later on (I don't remember the exact time, maybe 2ish? It was now close to 1pm I think. The park was super crowded cause of the holiday weekend. I actually waited 40 min for Haunted Mansion, which is rare in September.

Decided to skip BTMRR cause it was close to an hour wait. I also don't do Splash cause I'm a ride wimp and don't like drops.

At this point I can't remember if I did Pirates first and then got a Dole Whip Float, or the other way around. Also what's up with Pirates adding a splash effect?? Don't like it! The other changes to the auction scene, whatever, not that noticeable. But I don't like getting wet!

Originally I was going to hop to HS, but the app told me all the wait times were ridiculous and I was tired and hot and sweaty so I went back to my room. I wanted to take a nap but mousekeeping hadn't come by yet and I saw they were a few doors down. So I went back down to Contempo Cafe and just sat on my phone with a cup of water. Went back up close to 4 and it was ready.

I wasn't in a pool mood so I tried to nap but couldn't sleep. I just rested and cooled off for a while until it was time to go to the Poly for dinner.

Dinner at Kona was so good! Got the large sushi platter sampler and everything was great. At first I thought I'd get the filet, but since I had a steak sandwich for lunch, decided against having another steak for dinner. The sushi was great! And then I got the Kona Kone for dessert. Cause why not?

It was around 7pm when I left and I debated going back to MK for a while, since it was open til 11pm, but it was raining and I just didn't feel like dealing with that. And I was still tired from not being able to nap. So I went back to my room.

Watching the fireworks from my balcony was amazing. I turned the TV to the channel that plays the music and just enjoyed. Definitely a major perk.

Went to bed right after that (yes, at 9pm).

Day 3 coming up!
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Rest times are good. Then you can tackle the next day
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

About 7DMT: Haven't noticed eating my knees, but that could be because it squeezes my hips. They could have made the 'cars' just an inch or two wider per person and I would love that ride!! Instead, I only 'really like' it! Hahahaaaa
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

What a great first day despite some rain. Sitting on the balcony watching fireworks from the MK sounds like a dream and a half.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day. I haven't ridden the carousel since they put up the scrim around it. I hope they take it down soon!!

It's so nice to be able to watch the fireworks right from your room!! Glad you got to enjoy them this way!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: