Quantcast August Disney Adventure

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default August Disney Adventure

Just got back from 4 days at Pop Century. This was a trip planned to meet in a central location to spend time with my brother who lives in Belize. The trip was a very different experience for me but I am glad we were able to get together and enjoyed seeing him. He did not go to the parks so I went early, took a break, then went back late. He enjoyed exploring resorts and Disney Springs on his own and I was able to use my annual pass for park time.

Some of my thoughts about WDW in August-

All of Pop Century is remodeled and I love the rooms. No issues and it remains my homebase choice except when my husband comes to WDW and we stay at Shades of Green. They gave me the option of not having the room serviced and I got a $30 gift credit. I thought they were going to just credit my room charge and almost missed the email credit I had to have scanned on iPhone. It paid for most of a lunch and a breakfast and I don’t normally have housekeeping clean for a short visit. Worked out great.

I felt bad for all those Halloween guests. They looked hot in their outfits going to party. It is too early for that nonsense. Next WDW will have Christmas in July parties🙄. And I didn’t really enjoy all the decorations at MK- too early for the fall vibe.

Loved the really early Studios opening. Got on bus at 6am, was in park and Toy Story Land by 7. Got to ride Toy Story Mania 5 Times!! Took pictures, ate at counter service (which I really enjoyed- the homemade pop tart was very good), the new Star Wars area looks amazing ( which you can see at end of TSL near restrooms. I also went to see TSL at night and that really is the best time. Very pretty and fun at night. I didn’t use my FP for Alien Saucers and the Slinky Dog coaster is so cute! The morning I went by 7:30 am there was a 2 hour wait. I was a little disappointed there was no special souvenirs to get for Toy Story. Popcorn buckets gone and nothing to purchase that signified the opening.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2. Thanks eam thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, BriarRose0708 liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was able to see fireworks at MK 2 times. The new show is growing on me and I enjoy it more the more I see it. Saw Illuminations also.

Afternoon thunderstorms rolled through and it poured after 3 but was done by 6 most days. I wasn’t in the parks at those times but did get a little wet Resort hopping Friday.

August isn’t my preferred time to go to WDW with heat and humidity but I had a good time. In October I am going with my husband and 2 daughters so hoping for a little cooler weather and no hurricanes or rain!

Wishes!

5. Thanks eam thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a great, short, visit. Looking forward to October and doing all this myself.

Thanks for the report.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    I felt bad for all those Halloween guests. They looked hot in their outfits going to party. It is too early for that nonsense. Next WDW will have Christmas in July parties🙄. And I didn’t really enjoy all the decorations at MK- too early for the fall vibe.
    I agree.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to have worked out perfectly - you got time to visit with your brother and also to explore the parks!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a great trip. Glad you got to spend time with your brother.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about you folks who skip the housekeeping, clean towels everyday are my favorite part of any vacation
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

You can get clean towels everyday. And any supplies. They just don’t make your bed or clean. And you have to call to ask. They were very prompt in sending towels, soap,etc

Wishes!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: