Quantcast August 2018 - "Best Day Ever" Trip - Day 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default August 2018 - "Best Day Ever" Trip - Day 10

8/19 - Day Ten
    Cast
    Me - Jen
    DH - Joe
    DS - 5
    DD - 2
    Grammie - my mom
    Grandpa - my dad
    K - my best friend
    J - her husband
    J - their daughter, 5; my son’s best friend
    X - their son, 2

Today was K, J, J5 and X2’s departure day. We woke up and determined we were not going to make ourselves crazy getting to the fastpass for Alien Swirling Saucers. It looked cute, but we could all use a lower key morning. K and I went to Sanaa to pick up breakfast to bring back to the room. It took almost 20 minutes to get our meals. We ate together and said our goodbyes and then determined we were going to take a Minnie Van because we didn’t want to do the walk from the bus area. We head off to Backlot Express to meet Grammie and Grandpa who were on Star Tours. When they came back we rode Star Tours and then had fastpasses for the two of us to ride Rock’n Roller Coaster… We hadn’t been on that in 8 years and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. We met back up with Grammie, Grandpa, DS and DD and got DS’s face painted. Then it was time for a funnel cake with ice cream and strawberries followed by a trip through the Star Wars Launch Bay and a meet and greet with BB8. We said our goodbyes to Hollywood Studios with the Captain Phasma show and some Starbucks and took a Minnie Van to Beach Club where we walked to Epcot.

We visited with Figment, played a little in the after ride area and then took a break upstairs in the DVC Lounge (courtesy of Grammie and Grandpa). Then we were off to find Nemo and make our ADR for dinner in Morocco. Grammie and Grandpa had dinner at Teppan Edo. Dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh was delicious. It’s a favorite of ours. DD loved the music and from the second they started playing adn the dancer started dancing she was dancing in her seat. It was adorable.

The timing of our dinner was perfect, because it started pouring while we were inside. By the time we were done dinner, it was just a light barely raining, but the lightning was unreal. It was stretching across the whole sky. We ducked around to Mexico and waited out some of the worst on the Donald ride and then head back to the hotel.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear Marrakesh is entertaining for the young ones too. We have an ADR there, and I wasn't sure how my granddaughter would do with it.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

It works out well when the storms come while you are doing something inside!! The Swirling Saucers are cute but the ride is fundamentally an updated carnival ride.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: