Quantcast August 2018 - "Best Day Ever" Trip - Day 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default August 2018 - "Best Day Ever" Trip - Day 8

8/17 - Day Eight

Cast
    Me - Jen
    DH - Joe
    DS - 5
    DD - 2
    Grammie - my mom
    Grandpa - my dad
    K - my best friend
    J - her husband
    J - their daughter, 5; my son’s best friend
    X - their son, 2

Whose great idea was it to plan all these breakfasts?!

Today we were up and grabbing Minnie Vans to bring us to our breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. One of DS’s biggest and most consistent requests for our next trip to Disney World was that he wanted to meet Flynn Rider. He loves the Tangled series and finds Flynn amusing. So… Bon Voyage Breakfast it was. The night before, K, J, J5 and X2 decided they would skip breakfast and meet us in the Magic Kingdom afterwards.

The food at the breakfast was tasty. But the character interaction was top notch. All 4 of them were fantastic. When Flynn and Rapunzel were walking around toether to her enterance music, he pointed out DD in her high chair and commented that she was in her tower and Rapunzel gave her a very serious look and said “don’t worry, princess, someday they’ll let you out”. And after the parade, I was calling DS back over to our table, and Rapunzel swept over, called out ot me “Don’t worry, I have him” and took him by the hand and brought him back over and stayed and chatted with us. She was absolutely delightful with him. Prince Eric and Flynn had a conversation about his dance moves. And Prince Eric taught him how to do a fist bump jellyfish and then called Ariel over to our table and told her that DS had something to show her and had him do the jelyfish with her. It was all just so sweet and made him feel special. And they all took the time to interact with my DD, as well.

After breakfast, we took the bus over to Magic Kingdom and met back up with J, K, J5 and X2 and met Tinkerbell. She was also delightful with the kids. It was fun to watch her with them. We took a ride on the train and lucked into another short wait on the Ariel ride. We went to meet Cinderella and Elena after and had more amazing interactions. Elena had all 4 kids gathered around her, sitting on her skirts, and she was so engaging and engaged with them. As we’re trying to move them along, she’s pulling the curtain out from the wall to hide behind it with our two 5 year olds and their glow sticks so she can see how they shine. Cinderella was equally amazing… particularly when DS asked J5 if they could invite Cinderella to their wedding in Arendelle someday. As we were leaving … after far too long spent with her … she made a point of telling me how the four of them had just made her day.

A ride on the carousel for the littles who were asking, and then 8 of us were off to ride Winnie the Pooh and Grammie and Grandpa were off to get Dole Whips. After Winnie the Pooh, whcih I hadn’t been on in 8 years, we went to Tortuga Tavern to get a snack. The kids had hot dogs and chips and I had a dessert pear smoothie which was delicious. Sweet, but with a tang.

We rode Pirates again afterwards with the whole group, while Grammie and Grandpa rode Splash Mountain. After Pirates DS asked to go to the small play area by Splash Mountain, so we let the kids run off some steam there for half an hour. K, J, J5 and X2 left to make their dinner reservations at Sanaa. DS asked to ride the Haunted Mansion again, and the wait was short enough that we said yes. This time he really liked it. We rode Barnstormer one last time for the day and then head out. The Halloween Party was starting that night so the park was closing at 6 and we had dinner reserations at 7:55 and Grammie and Grandpa were going to watch the kids.

We took a Minnie Van back to the hotel and then all head over to Jambo House. Grammie and Grandpa and the kids went to Mara and DH and I had a date night at Jiko. Absolutely amazing. We shared the charcuterie and cheese plate, I had the filet mignon and the kilimanjaro, DH had the elk loin and the malva pudding and we both had delicious wines. It was a lovely date night.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How was the filet mignon at Jiko?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful, adult dinner at Jiko!! We don't get there often but always enjoy it when we go.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    How was the filet mignon at Jiko?
    It was very, very tasty. Cooked well and exactly like I asked. Honestly though, the star was the kachumbari (it's a tomato and onion salad) that was divine.

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    What a wonderful, adult dinner at Jiko!! We don't get there often but always enjoy it when we go.
    This was our first visit to Jiko. DH and I had talked about eating there "someday" and my parents offered to watch the kids one night while we were there so we could have a date night, so in July for our anniversary, I surprised him with the news that we had ADRs for Jiko to celebrate our aniversary while we were in Disney.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: