Quantcast August 2018 - "Best Day Ever" Trip - Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default August 2018 - "Best Day Ever" Trip - Day 5

8/14 - Day Five

Cast
    Me - Jen
    DH - Joe
    DS - 5
    DD - 2
    Grammie - my mom
    Grandpa - my dad
    K - my best friend
    J - her husband
    J - their daughter, 5; my son’s best friend
    X - their son, 2

We got a much later start than I had planned on Tuesday, and while we were riding the bus to Magic Kingdom we were already in the window for our first fastpass...However, Pirates went down and we ended up getting a multiple experiences fastpass automatically loaded to our magic bands to make up for it. So we ended up getting lucky. Security to get into the park was very slow and there long lines this morning that we hadn’t seen on our other days coming into Magic Kingdom.

I was able to move our fastpasses earlier, so that we went straight over to Buzz and were able to ride that, followed by Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor. While we were waiting for the show to start at the Laugh Floor, I grabbed a fastpass to meet Ariel in her grotto. After the show we rode the Peoplemover ...it’s a great re-sunscreening location where you can feel like you’re still doing something (and the kids are contained so that they can’t try to run away while you’re busy). After the Peoplemover we went to meet Ariel. DD, who had no problems with any of the characters suddenly got shy with Ariel, but the other kids enjoyed meeting her. There was a short wait at the ride when we left the grotto so we got right on there before heading to Be Our Guest for lunch. Be Our Guest is not my favorite restaurant, but I can’t lie that the inside of the castle is fun to see. K really wanted to go there, so we made reservations. Our meals were alright, but nothing special. Of course, we got a Master’s Cupcake for the grey stuff, but I actually like the strawberry cupcake better. We got one of each and split them four ways so we each got a little taste.. We had the dessert party planned for later and didn’t want toooo much sugar. After lunch, J, K, J5, and X2 head back to the hotel for a break. We snagged a fastpass for Dumbo and rode that before DH, DS, DD and I left to go back to the hotel. Grammie and Grandpa decided to power through and stayed in Magic Kingdom. DD fell asleep as we were walking out of the park. Slept through the bus ride and part of the way to the room… and then woke up, of course. We got her settled in the pack n play with something quiet to watch so she could still have chill time and we got DS down for a nap (he doesn’t normally nap) and we had some chill time on the balcony watching the giraffe, birds and zebra.

My plan was to be back in the parks about 5/530 and grab a quick dinner before the dessert party. However, coordinating that with J, K, J5 and X2 was difficult and they wanted to go back together, so we ended up back in Magic Kingdom way later than intended and it started raining as we were on our way. We decided that our desserts would be dinner tonight… hey, it’s vacation, so why not? The rain slowed down shortly after we got to Magic Kingdom, so we went and rode the teacups before checking in for the dessert party.

I’m glad we did the dessert party. It was a fun experience. I wouldn’t say the desserts were particularly amazing, but they were solid, we enjoyed them. The macarons were particularly tasty. There were a few savory options, cheese and crackers and a spinach dip and the cheeseburger eggrolls. The cheeseburger egg rolls were incredible...definitely ate more than my share of those before I took on the desserts. After we were all ridiculously full, they brought us over to the garden for the fireworks. I was worried it might be crowded now that they have the before and after party options, but we had more than enough space to spread out and if it hadn’t rained earlier that day, we could have sat on the ground comfortably. The kids were able to move around and dance to the music, which was awesome. The fireworks viewing area was worth the party price for the convenience factor!

After the fireworks, we decided to make a night of it and went off to ride Pirates. It was another request of DS. He’d never ridden it before, but had watched some vidoes and thought he was ready. DD was sleepy and I didn’t think she’d react well to the ride while she was tired, so DH and J stayed with DD and X2 while Grammie, Grandpa, K, J5, DS and I rode. Then DS chose to go again with DH and J when it was their turn. There was less than 10 minute wait which was nice.

After their ride, Grammie and Grandpa headed back to the hotel. J, K, J5 and X2 head for the Magic Carpets while we head to 7 Dwarfs to see what the wait was. Unfortunately it was still over an hour, so we decided to ride Barnstormer instead. DD had fallen asleep, so I rode with DS first. We were the only people in our barnstormer and got the front row. After we got off, DS asked if DH would ride with him and they also got to be the only people on their ride.

Then it was back to the hotel, totally exhausted from a very late night.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting tired just from thinking about everything you have done.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

That certainly was a very busy day!! I'm glad the rain got out of your way so you could enjoy the fireworks and some rides after that!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

6. Likes snowflakegirl liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: