Quantcast August 2018 - "Best Day Ever" Trip - Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default August 2018 - "Best Day Ever" Trip - Day 4

8/13 - Day 4

Cast
    Me - Jen
    DH - Joe
    DS - 5
    DD - 2
    Grammie - my mom
    Grandpa - my dad
    K - my best friend
    J - her husband
    J - their daughter, 5; my son’s best friend
    X - their son, 2

K&J had a one bedroom suite, so they had a full kitchen and decided they would make breakfast Monday morning. After eggs and sausage in their room, we took the bus over to Animal Kingdom. I know some people are not fans of the park, but it is definitely one of my favorites. I love animals and I love the theming and the energy there.

We started our day out with a safari ride, and got to see most of the animals pretty well. I was happy to see the African Wild Dogs on the safari, I think they’re beautiful. After our safari, we took a walk on the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail (formerly Pangani Exploration Trail?). Our group ended up getting separated, but DS and I took our time and he got to have some great interactions with some of the CMs on the trail, asking questions and learning about the animals. We had a particularly great interaction with the CM in the underwater hippo viewing area...they talked about hippo poop...being a 5 year old, he thought that was awesome. Next up was Festival of the Lion King. DS loves that show, particularly the Tumble Monkeys. DD was less than a fan. DH ended up taking her out...for days afterwards she kept telling us “lion show loud. I don’t like it.” I think it was actually the announcer voice at the beginning before teh show started.

Our family had never been over to Pandora because it opened after our last trip, but my parents love it. We head over that way and grabbed lunch at Satu’li which was delicious! Na’vi River Journey was visually beautiful and the kids really enjoyed it. I loved the details of everything. We head back to Africa and took the train over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. We all enjoyed seeing the vet clinic area and the kids loved the affection section. DD, in particular, did not want to stop brushing the goats. We all needed a snack at that point, so we grabbed Dole Whips with rum (for the grownups) and Mickey Premium bars for the kids and settled in on the seating area between the store and Tamu Tamu refreshments. DD fell asleep in her stroller. And then it began to look very ominous. We ducked into Mombasa Marketplace and the skies opened up. J, K, J and X ended up heading back to the hotel after a little wait. We waited a little bit longer and then as it started letting up, we put on some ponchos and head over to Asia. The rain stopped and waited for lightning in the area to let up so that they would reopen the Maharajah Jungle Trek. When they did, the 6 of us took a lovely walk and were treated to the mother tiger and her two youngsters frolicking, jumping on each other and just generally being exceptionally active. DS asked a zillion questions of the CM by the tigers and she just answered them and gave him even more to think about. It was great.

Afterwards we head over to Restaurantasaurus to get something that I was sure the kids would like (they hadn’t eaten a whole lot of their hot dogs at Satu’li). They split a chicken nuggets meal and the rest of us got regular “park fare”, burgers and fries. We rode the Triceratops Spin after dinner and then DS requested that we go back to Pandora to see what it looked like at night. The Na’vi River Journey had a 10 minute wait (it was about 8:15 at this point and the park closed at 8:30) so we hopped in line for DS. After spending a few minutes marveling at the way Pandora lights up at night, we head back to the hotel.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like DS really loves AK also.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

5. Likes snowflakegirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your son is learning a lot at Animal Kingdom!! Someday, I've got to get over to Pandora after dark - have never done that!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

7. Likes snowflakegirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pandora at night is visually very beautiful. The way they've worked the area to light up and respond to uv light is just amazing. We had watched some vlogs before going that showed it and DS was intent on making sure we got there to see it. He asked all day long.

And yes, young kids are so curious, but DS is by far the most inquisitive child I know, and he actually was listening to the answers and asking follow up questions based on the responses he got. It was really fun watching him learn about the hippos and tigers and other things he was asking about. Luckily the CMs were very patient and good about answering his multitude of questions...and even the few times I felt like maybe he'd been going on long enough and started trying to guide him away, they took the time to assure me that they didn't mind and continued the conversation with him, pointing out new information that he hadn't thought to ask about.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

You are so lucky to have a little one that naps so well! More dole whips please
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

10. Likes snowflakegirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    You are so lucky to have a little one that naps so well! More dole whips please
    Yes! I know how lucky I am. We definitely were able to do a lot of stuff that we wouldn't have been able to do if she didn't nap in her stroller so well.

NEXT TRIP -

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: