Quantcast August 2018 - "Best Day Ever" Trip - Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default August 2018 - "Best Day Ever" Trip - Day 2

Day 2 - 8/11

Cast
    Jen
    Joe - DH
    DS - 5
    DD - 2

We started day 2 out a little later than originally intended because we were so worn out from all the traveling the day before. But we had no set in stone plans for the morning or day, so starting out waking up and getting moving slowly was not a bad way to start. We grabbed breakfast in the food court and then wandered around the Cars section. DS *loves* Cars and watching him get so excited about all the cars and ask to have his picture taken with all of them and hug Lightning McQueen was fun.

We hopped a bus to Magic Kingdom and DS requested that we ride Haunted Mansion...we’d watched it on YouTube several times, and I asked him if he was *sure* … but he spent the majority of the ride hiding in my arm. Afterwards he talked about the fact that we thought he was ready for it, but he wasn’t. I was feeling badly, but later in the week it turned out to have been a good thing we rode it.

We had fastpasses for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. None of us had ridden it before. We used the rider switch and DS and I went first. He literally hopped off the ride at the end calling out “I’m going again! That. Was. AWESOME!” We skipped down the exit and got Daddy and he and DS rode again.

We grabbed a late lunch at Columbia Harbor House and then rode the carousel, Small World and Dumbo. All favorites of the kids.

We had dinner reservations at Cape May, a restaurant we’d never tried before, so we set off to the Beach Club. We explored the hotel for a little bit before checking in for dinner. We enjoyed our dinner...although DD slept through half of it on DH’s shoulder.

The next day we were meeting up with my parents, and our best friends and their two kids, but we had deliberately decided on having a lower key family day on Saturday to ease DD into it. After dinner, we decided to walk over to Epcot to meet up with my parents who had be there for dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh that night. Some pictures and Grammie and Grandpa hugs and we were heading for the bus. Except that DS wanted “Please, just one last ride?”, so we ended up walking onto the Nemo ride and spending a few minutes in the aquarium and leaving at 9!

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like your “best day ever” vacation is awesome! What a great way to surprise your children!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

"Please just one last ride?" I say that to myself frequently.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

5. Likes BriarRose0708, snowflakegirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice day!! Taking things at a relaxed pace can really make a difference in how much enjoyment one gets out of a Disney trip!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Again kudos for not overplanning with two little ones and enjoying things as they come!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: