Quantcast Boardwalk Vs. Contemporary (Club Level)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boardwalk Vs. Contemporary (Club Level)

I am reaching out because I am at a loss. I am trying to plan Tgiving 19. Tossing up either the Boardwalk or Contemporary both at club level. We have stayed club level at the WL, BC, and Yacht. We want to try a new resorts club level, however my biggest hang up is when you are staying at a monorail resort during a major holiday you are basically stuck in that area, where as if you are in the BW/BC area you have two park options. But, I am leaning Contemporary. Can somebody please give any insight/experience of one or either or any Tgiving advice? I know a split stay would be the best solution, but I think we really want to keep our "stuff" in place for the duration of our stay.
    Thank you in advance!
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi - When staying at the Contemporary it is also very easy to go to Epcot via monorail. The past 3 times we have stayed at the Contemporary. I like the location and service better. Have a good trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We have mostly stayed monorail resorts and we've never just stayed in that area. We just go where we want and if necessary jump in a taxi. Enjoy planning your trip, we went for Thanksgiving one year and it's a great time of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Well we just stayed at the boardwalk in a club level room. Granted we never had that for comparison, but the Innkeepers Lounge was incredible. Omlettes on Sundays, steak a night, mussels another night. It was great. Now access however is difficult unless your walking to Epcot. It's a hike to the bus stop/parking lot. We only filled our mugs once (not that we needed to with drinks in the lounge) because it was so far to fill them. It is definitely in my top 5 resorts on property though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    Well we just stayed at the boardwalk in a club level room. Granted we never had that for comparison, but the Innkeepers Lounge was incredible. Omlettes on Sundays, steak a night, mussels another night. It was great. Now access however is difficult unless your walking to Epcot. It's a hike to the bus stop/parking lot. We only filled our mugs once (not that we needed to with drinks in the lounge) because it was so far to fill them. It is definitely in my top 5 resorts on property though.
    Hopefully the Skyliner will fix that. We've only stayed at The Poly for concierge and were fans for sure! I'd like to do the AKL concierge tied in with the DVC some day.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Hopefully the Skyliner will fix that. We've only stayed at The Poly for concierge and were fans for sure! I'd like to do the AKL concierge tied in with the DVC some day.
    How would the Skyliner help? It will only serve 4 resorts (Disney's Riviera Resort, Caribbean Beach, Pop Century and Art of Animation), EPCOT and DHS.

You can already catch boats to/from EPCOT & DHS to Boardwalk, so the bus is not necessary except to AK & MK, which the Skyliner won't serve.

Not calling you out on this, I am really interested in your reasoning.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We do club level a lot, but not at the Contemporary, yet. We seem to gravitate towards the Epcot Resorts these days because we usually travel to the area for The Food and Wine Festival, and we love them. We've also stayed club level at the Poly and WL. In our experience, the Magic Kingdom resorts seem to have better club level lounges and offerings and I've heard great things about the Contemporary. I think that you really can't go wrong, though. You're going to have a wonderful time on Thanksgiving.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    How would the Skyliner help? It will only serve 4 resorts (Disney's Riviera Resort, Caribbean Beach, Pop Century and Art of Animation), EPCOT and DHS.

You can already catch boats to/from EPCOT & DHS to Boardwalk, so the bus is not necessary except to AK & MK, which the Skyliner won't serve.

Not calling you out on this, I am really interested in your reasoning.
    My bad. I thought it was getting tied into the Boardwalk and Beach Club too. Boat transportation is nice, but you get more throughput with the monorail. I'm thinking the same will be true with the Skyliner?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I personally prefer the Contemporary. I especially love the view of the Magic Kingdom from there.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: