Quantcast 60 Day Dance PTR!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 60 Day Dance PTR!

60 Days from now I'll be headed back to the Happy Place! This will be a quick 3-day jaunt to the World. I'll be there while Husband is working in Sarasota. I can't be in Florida and NOT go to Disney. I know you understand! I booked my Fast Passes this morning at 7 sharp, so now I feel like I can write my PTR!

I'll be solo, and I'm super happy about it. I love solo trips. As I wrote to PopPhan, you can zip around the parks easily, do what you want, where you want, when you want and you only have to worry about yourself. I've also been very happy with short trips. They aren't as economical as they used to be, but still worth it for me. Now that I've paid off student loans (it IS possible!) I have some disposable income back and have been going to Florida more frequently in the past year, I may need to look into an AP!

Anyway, here are my plans for now -

Sunday October 21
    Fly down from central NY and get to MCO around 10:30 am. Magical Express to the resort - All Star Sports. I don't mind values, I would have gone with POP but it was just preferred available and I won't pay for that, lol! On short trips I am barely in the room anyway and would rather spend the money on park tickets and food.

Tonight is MNSSHP night for me! I haven't done the party in about 6 years so I thought it was time to revisit, especially with some newer extras on attractions, shows I've never seen, and it's always worth it for the Boo to You Parade. No reservations or Fast Passes, I'll just arrive at 4 and stay for however long it takes me to finish what I'd like to do. I'd like to ride a couple things, particularly Splash since it was closed last year, and catch the Hocus Pocus show.

Monday October 22
    EPCOT day! Plan to ride Soarin' first thing then head to Spaceship Earth (FP), Test Track, and Mission: Space (FP). Stroll around World Showcase enjoying Food and Wine Fest on a weekday (huzzah!) snacking around the World and enjoying the pavilions, ride Frozen (FP) and Rio del Tiempo, and I will always have time for a show or two of Voices of Liberty. EPCOT is my favorite park so I have no problem spending all day here from open to close. I definitely have to see IllumiNations before it retires.

Tuesday October 23
    Animal Kingdom Day! However, first I need to check out of the hotel and take an Uber to pick up a car rental. There are rental places at Bonnet Creek and Swan/Dolphin but I haven't figured out where I'll go just yet. Anyhow, I'll pick up my car and then drive to AK. This is a first for me - in over 12 years of visiting WDW I have never driven on property. I've been a passenger, but never behind the wheel!

When I get to the park I will head to Asia and ride Everest standby or single rider as many times as I can and I have a FP for it at 10:40 a.m.! It's my favorite ride (can you tell?). Also plan on seeing the Nemo show, it's been a good 6 or 7 years since I've seen it. Same for Festival of the Lion King. While I'm in the Africa section I'll do the Safari (FP) and wander around the jungle trek. In the mid-afternoon I have a Flight of Passage FP. I'll hang around Pandora until I can't take it anymore and then head out of the park. It closes at 8 p.m. and I have a 2 hour drive after that, so I don't know if I'll make it to closing. I'd like to see AK after dark, it's been a looooong time since I've experienced that and from what I remember it was so beautiful. Riding Everest at night is a whole different experience, it is pitch black in there!

So whenever I leave I'll get in the car and then make my way to Sarasota where Husband will pick me up at the rental drop off. The next day will be spent recovering on the beach from a whirlwind 3 days and then we continue on to Naples to visit his parents until Sunday.

Another first for me on this trip is the lack of ADRs! I love eating at Disney but with little time to spare I'd rather not do a sit-down. Counter service is fine with me, and sometimes I just like to get snacks or a kid's meal so I don't over eat. I spent way too many Disney trips over eating and being uncomfortable the rest of the day.

I'm so excited to be heading back for another October in the World!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2. Likes PopPhan, magicofdisney liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a really fun short trip!! Maybe we will cross paths somewhere along the line. ENJOY!!!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

5. Likes BriarRose0708 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like great plans. I can be your Uber if you don't mind riding in an old car...lol
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

7. Thanks BriarRose0708 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great plans, Nikki!! Enjoy your solo touring!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

9. Likes BriarRose0708 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I too LOVE solo trips!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

11. Likes BriarRose0708 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 days away now! Not much has changed, except there's now an outside chance Husband will be done in Sarasota early. He really wants to experience MNSSHP. So, if he is done by Monday or early Tuesday morning, he may drive up from Sarasota and we'll get tickets to the party Tuesday afternoon and use hotel points to find a room at a nearby Courtyard or Fairfield Inn for the night before leaving for Naples Wednesday morning. We'll see how it all shakes out!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    2 days away now! Not much has changed, except there's now an outside chance Husband will be done in Sarasota early. He really wants to experience MNSSHP. So, if he is done by Monday or early Tuesday morning, he may drive up from Sarasota and we'll get tickets to the party Tuesday afternoon and use hotel points to find a room at a nearby Courtyard or Fairfield Inn for the night before leaving for Naples Wednesday morning. We'll see how it all shakes out!
    There are those 2 newish hotels right outside the gate from Animal Kingdom (Western Way). Springhill Suites and maybe Townplace?
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    There are those 2 newish hotels right outside the gate from Animal Kingdom (Western Way). Springhill Suites and maybe Townplace?
    Turns out he will be staying in Sarasota after all.

Waiting at MNSSHP for the second parade. Great party tonight. It’s busy but not outrageous. Longest wait was 35 minutes for Stitch, 30 for Mine Train. Anything else was 15 minutes or less. Cast have been lovely, the weather is cool and breezy and very comfortable. Hocus Pocus villain show was excellent. Headless Horseman about to take his ride!

15. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

35 mins for Stitch? That's crazy! I hope you had a blast!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: