Quantcast Pandora rides and Toy Story Land rides experiences

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pandora rides and Toy Story Land rides experiences

This trip in December will be our first time visiting Pandora and Toy Story Land. Mom and I are both in ECVs because we can't walk or stand for very long but we can transfer without any problems. Mom can get on Its a Small World but that is the biggest step she can do and really needs the hand-holds at the beginning and end of the ride that are actually the little waiting areas that you load/wait in right next to the boat (I hope that makes sense). We are all pooh-sized too. So I'm trying to figure out if these rides are do-able for Mom especially.

How are the rides at Toy Story Land for larger people? We don't have problems with other rides except for the Tea Cups but its always a concern. Is it difficult to get on and off any of them?

I'm most concerned with the Pandora rides. For the Na'avi boat, is it about the same set-up as POC and IASW with the same size step in and out? How does the seating work for FOP? That one looks like it could be difficult. Do you have to swing your leg across the seat? And how is it for larger people? We are short so leg room isn't an issue but we are not skinny in the stomach and chest areas.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this and helping me help Mom have the best trip possible!
    *** Tiffany ***
    Next Trip: Pre-Christmas Girl's Trip! 12/6-12/18 at CSR
    Past Trips: many off-site growing up; 2/07 (CBR), 10/08 (POFQ), 10/09 (Poly), 1/10 (POR, CR), 11/11 (POFQ), 11/14 (POFQ), 3/17 (POR)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pandora rides and Toy Story Land rides experiences

FOP might be an issue. You need to mount an individual fixture that is a lot like a motorcycle in its form (it doesn’t travel anywhere, but you do sit on it as you would a motorcycle). You do need to swing a leg over it to get on. At least when they first opened the ride, the fixture could not accommodate larger individuals: the automatic restraints were unable to properly adjust, and I saw people having to leave the ride before it started. Don’t know if they’ve addressed that issue since. You’d need to ash a CM before you get in line.

Na’vi River is pretty much like POC. You should be OK there.

Haven’t been to Toy Story yet, so can’t comment on that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nav'i river journey is about the sams as small world. There are hand holds getting in and out of the boat. Rows one and three are the easiest ( for me ). On FOP I don't swing my leg. I put my legs on either side of the vehicle and just scoot my feet forward. It looks sort of like a motorcycle ��. There are back and leg restraints. There is a test vehicle outside of the entrance, you can see if it will work out for you before getting in line.

For Toy story land, it's totally accessible both mobility and size wise. On Alien Swirl there is a special handicap ride vehicle to make it easier to enter and exit the vehicle. It's the same as Maters Junkyard
    Jamboree in California Adventure.

I use a walker and sometimes a scooter. Some hip issues. FOP isn't an issue for me getting on or off.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pandorra and Navi River Ride

My mom has mobility issues and needs a scooter and then she can transfer to a wheelchair.

Pandora was easy for my mom. The CM's took my mom to a separate room where she transferred to a hydraulic wheelchair. The CM's were then able to take the hydraulic wheelchair right to the ride and all my mom had to do was scoot to the front of the vehicle and then they removed the hydraulic wheelchair. Mom loved the ride and went on it many times.

Navi River was difficult for mom as there was no handicap boat. She worried throughout the ride how she was going to get out. At the end of the ride the CM put steps into the ride but that did not help my mom. She was able to hold on to one of the railings and pull herself out.

Hope this helps you with your questions.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pooh size plus. Was not able to get on the FOP, not for my stomach, but because of my calves. the rule of thumb is if your calf is over 16 inches wide you probably won't get on.
    The slinky ride? wow. most comfortable rollercoaster i've been on. the seats are huge, the lap bar is comfy, you'll have no issues.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

7. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the help!
    *** Tiffany ***
    Next Trip: Pre-Christmas Girl's Trip! 12/6-12/18 at CSR
    Past Trips: many off-site growing up; 2/07 (CBR), 10/08 (POFQ), 10/09 (Poly), 1/10 (POR, CR), 11/11 (POFQ), 11/14 (POFQ), 3/17 (POR)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: