Quantcast Looking for a ride by ride book of things/secrets to look for at the parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a ride by ride book of things/secrets to look for at the parks

Hey all...does that make sense? I'm looking for a book that essentially starts at the beginning of a park - MK let's say - and guides you through the park from one ride/shop to the next with a sort of list of 'look here and you'll see'...'look up and you'll find'. I've done a bit of a search, and I'm finding tons of books with Disney history along with a few secrets, but it isn't really history that I'm looking for. Just all the fun, subtle, hidden things everywhere in the parks (not just the Mickeys). Does it even exist? Many thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of think that an actual book on this would be hard to find--by the time it's published the information would probably be obsolete. Your best bet is to look online at websites like Intercot and glean the most up-to-date information.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

First off... to the INTERCOT family.

Now, about your question....As Beth said, probably not due to constant changes in the parks. They would put something in, then poof a rehab occurs and it's gone. Even 'Hidden Mickeys' are not safe from a rehab. Most times, if it is a true 'Hidden Mickey' it will be restored, but you never know.

INTERCOT is a good place to have questions answered, so it is possible you could get the information you seek piecemeal in different threads.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to look at the Imagineers' Guides to the Parks. (At least for the World Showcase, AK and MK.) With so much going on at the Studios, it will be difficult to publish something until construction is complete.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked out a book called The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World? It may not be exactly what you are looking for but close. It talks about little details like why the concrete on the way to frontierland has different colors (to recreate the sewage that was tossed out of windows prior to indoor plumbing). Lots of little details like that which I never would have noticed or even began to guess at if I did.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome and the responses! I will definitely check out those book suggestions. Perhaps those will have what I'm looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Before our trip last year I bought the Birnbaum kids guide to Disney World and a Hidden Mickeys book for my DD10 to read on the drive there (14 hour road trip). It may have had some obsolete info but she was able to find some things as we walked through the parks. She specifically wanted to look for the horse with the bow on its tail on the carousel and ride that one. I don't remember why right now Also, at the graveyard at Haunted Mansion she was looking for a specific marking. There were other things she looked for as well. The Birnbaum guide is updated each year so it is not that outdated.

Post Thanks / Like

The closest thing I can think of to what you are looking for is Lou Mongello's audio walking tours. He has one for each land of the Magic Kingdom.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi_7378 View Post
    You may want to look at the Imagineers' Guides to the Parks. (At least for the World Showcase, AK and MK.) With so much going on at the Studios, it will be difficult to publish something until construction is complete.
    These are what I was thinking of. Only problem is that they haven't been updated in years. I literally have mine out on my desk to loan to a co-worker, and I noticed that they're from 2005.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

i like those Imagineers guides
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of my favorites

At the Muppet Show while you're waiting there's props everywhere. if you look up you will see a net of gelatain cubes. (a net full of jello-annette funicello)

On Main Street about half way down to the right as you enter is a little path and a nice little resting place, surrounded by buildings. If you listen from one of the windows you can hear a lady giving piano lessons
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)