Quantcast Favorite childhood memory

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite childhood memory

What was the best moment you've had in Disney as a child or with a child?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Likes baldburke liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are so many but the most powerful is; my daughter was around age 8 or 9. She had read that there was a white pony that was “Cinderella’s Pony”. After several days of not seeing this pony a very helpful Cast Member told us visitors could go to “the stables” located near Fort Wilderness Campgrounds. We took a boat from MK over to Fort Wilderness, got directions, then walked to the stables. There another friendly Cast Member took us to the stall where the pony was, got the pony out and let my daughter pet and hug “Cinderella’s Pony!
    This old school, tough guy football coach had tears in his eyes as I watched the sheer joy on my daughters face! In that moment I became a devoted WDW fan for life!
    Jeff

5. Thanks Sylvia thanked for this post
    Likes Sylvia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always loved Disney. But when my oldest was 4 and his sisters were 2, I decided to take him only to Disney. My sister (with her 2 boys) and my Mom came along. Seeing Disney through his eyes created The Magic that has lived with me ever since. That was 16 years ago.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

The magic of feeling that you really were going to another world in the first visit at a young age.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    There are so many but the most powerful is; my daughter was around age 8 or 9. She had read that there was a white pony that was “Cinderella’s Pony”. After several days of not seeing this pony a very helpful Cast Member told us visitors could go to “the stables” located near Fort Wilderness Campgrounds. We took a boat from MK over to Fort Wilderness, got directions, then walked to the stables. There another friendly Cast Member took us to the stall where the pony was, got the pony out and let my daughter pet and hug “Cinderella’s Pony!
    This old school, tough guy football coach had tears in his eyes as I watched the sheer joy on my daughters face! In that moment I became a devoted WDW fan for life!
    Brought tears to my eyes just reading about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I've always loved Disney. But when my oldest was 4 and his sisters were 2, I decided to take him only to Disney. My sister (with her 2 boys) and my Mom came along. Seeing Disney through his eyes created The Magic that has lived with me ever since. That was 16 years ago.
    Does he still take trips with you? Trips with my kids were awesome when they were young, but I find them even better now that they've grown up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    The magic of feeling that you really were going to another world in the first visit at a young age.
    Yeah. I remember waiting in line for 2 hours to get into Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland when I was young (back in the E-ticket days. Yeah, I'm old.) Once I got in there though, it was so real. I even wanted to grow up and live in the "house" with the old guy on the rocking chair.

11. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2favorite memories of our girls going to WDW when younger-

First trip for Stephanie when she was 18 months old. She got sick about 5 days before our trip, was in hospital 3 nights and was released 24 hours before we boarded plane. I was really nervous going on trip but she did great the entire week. she loved the characters. She was especially excited to see Tigger at Chef Mickey’s. He motioned he wanted to hold her and she just melted into his arms and wouldn’t let go. He happily held her for at least 5 minutes and I got some really cute pictures.

Another trip when the girls were around 4 and 8 it was pouring at the MK during a morning visit. Streams of water was flowing in Fantasyland and our shoes and socks were completely soaked. We managed not to get too wet dodging the rain between downpours except for our feet. Arrived at our lunch at Cinderella’s castle a little early. No one was in greeting Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother. The girls had about a 10 minute private greeting with the 2. They talked and sang and it was just so much fun!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Yeah. I remember waiting in line for 2 hours to get into Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland when I was young (back in the E-ticket days. Yeah, I'm old.) Once I got in there though, it was so real. I even wanted to grow up and live in the "house" with the old guy on the rocking chair.
    What was the Hall of Presidents like with only 20 presidents?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

14. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no childhood memories!! My first visit was when I was 41 years young.

Also, no kids, so I'm shut out on that as well.

Keep 'em coming so I can live vicariously through your recollections!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post

Better late than never!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

17. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    My 2favorite memories of our girls going to WDW when younger-

First trip for Stephanie when she was 18 months old. She got sick about 5 days before our trip, was in hospital 3 nights and was released 24 hours before we boarded plane. I was really nervous going on trip but she did great the entire week. she loved the characters. She was especially excited to see Tigger at Chef Mickey’s. He motioned he wanted to hold her and she just melted into his arms and wouldn’t let go. He happily held her for at least 5 minutes and I got some really cute pictures.

Another trip when the girls were around 4 and 8 it was pouring at the MK during a morning visit. Streams of water was flowing in Fantasyland and our shoes and socks were completely soaked. We managed not to get too wet dodging the rain between downpours except for our feet. Arrived at our lunch at Cinderella’s castle a little early. No one was in greeting Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother. The girls had about a 10 minute private greeting with the 2. They talked and sang and it was just so much fun!
    Those are such special moments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    What was the Hall of Presidents like with only 20 presidents?
    I don't know. I haven't stopped in there since it was only one president. :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post

My daughter says I act like I'm 4. You will have many stories to tell after October. :P

Post Thanks / Like

Smile So Many to Choose From...

There are so many good ones to choose from, I had to think about it for a bit.

Probably the best is (and bear with me on this) is my first trip in '71. It was Christmas Day & after opening presents the night before & getting up really early to arrive before rope drop, we headed out for the drive to MK (it was the only park in '71). The slow buildup Walt & the Imagineers planned worked perfectly on me. We first saw the green highway signs pointing right to Walt Disney World. Next, the signage change to Disney colors. Then the ticket booth for parking. The tram ride! The purchase of the ticket books! (NEVER enough E-Tickets!) Then walking down under the train station & coming around the corner in Town Square to see..THE CASTLE! I honestly believe that it was in that moment I became a lifelong Disney Geek. I still, to this day, never get tired of that view. The park was open until 1AM that day, and we stayed for the entire time. As we were driving back, my mom asked how I liked the whole thing, and I yelled out "This was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!" Chuckles & smiles from mom & dad.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    There are so many good ones to choose from, I had to think about it for a bit.

Probably the best is (and bear with me on this) is my first trip in '71. It was Christmas Day & after opening presents the night before & getting up really early to arrive before rope drop, we headed out for the drive to MK (it was the only park in '71). The slow buildup Walt & the Imagineers planned worked perfectly on me. We first saw the green highway signs pointing right to Walt Disney World. Next, the signage change to Disney colors. Then the ticket booth for parking. The tram ride! The purchase of the ticket books! (NEVER enough E-Tickets!) Then walking down under the train station & coming around the corner in Town Square to see..THE CASTLE! I honestly believe that it was in that moment I became a lifelong Disney Geek. I still, to this day, never get tired of that view. The park was open until 1AM that day, and we stayed for the entire time. As we were driving back, my mom asked how I liked the whole thing, and I yelled out "This was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!" Chuckles & smiles from mom & dad.
    That sounds like an amazing day!

Post Thanks / Like

Again WAY too many to choose from. From my own childhood, I remember seeing Baloo for the first time. It was a moment I'll never forget.

For DD17, when she was 2 and saw Stitch for the first time. She called him "Titch" and said his name in such a hushed, awe inspired voice. She kept running back to give him one more hug.

For DD14, she was 7 and when she met Peter Pan she said in the most serious voice, "I have a story to tell you about Capt. Hook." Peter sat down on the ground, patted the ground in front of him for her to sit down and said in an equally serious voice, "Tell me!"
    Susanne

24. Likes Cinderelley liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: