Quantcast Sarasota

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Sarasota

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sarasota

Hey all! Husband is going to be working in Sarasota a couple times this fall and I want to go with him one of the weeks he's there. I'll be on my own for much of the day while he works, and I know nothing about this area of FL. What is there to do or see that can be done on my own and without use of a car (although I do use Uber)? I love the beach but won't have supplies like a chair or umbrella. I love working out so going on a run and finding a gym is good but takes up only an hour or so of the day. I love traveling with my husband and don't mind doing things by myself, but I also don't want to sit in the hotel room all day.

My other plan is to be on my own at Disney a couple days and then somehow get to Tampa so he can come pick me up, and then we're visiting his parents in Naples before going home. I certainly don't want to Uber from Orlando to Tampa so are there other transportation options? A one way car rental is very expensive.

Thanks!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can fly from Orlando to Tampa
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Greyhound
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Are you staying near the beach? I would recommend staying at the Lido Beach Resort (look for special offers). From there you can walk to St. Armands Circle where there are a lot of little shops and restaurants. Not so familiar with the downtown area, but I know you'd need a car to get around. Sarasota is a great place!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you staying in Sarasota, do you know yet? Right next to Sarasota is Siesta Key with some of the prettiest beaches you will every see. Siesta Key Village also has lots of cute shops and restaurants.

Many of the resorts on the Gulf Coast will have chairs and umbrellas for free or rentals--no need to bring them with you. You could also buy them fairly cheaply at Target, Walmart etc. and then just leave them behind (or with your in-laws) when you leave.

I know this sounds out of character for an Icot friend to say, but there's more to Florida than Disney World! If I were in your shoes it would be a total relaxation vacation.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post

I know this sounds out of character for an Icot friend to say, but there's more to Florida than Disney World! If I were in your shoes it would be a total relaxation vacation.
    Sorry, does not compute

So I split the difference - I'm going to be at Disney Sunday - Tuesday of that week, doing MNSSHP Sunday, EPCOT Monday, and Animal Kingdom Tuesday and drive down to Sarasota Tuesday evening. I'll spend the day on the beach Wednesday, and when Husband is done working we'll drive to Naples Wednesday night and spend the rest of our time there with the in-laws!

You all made the beach in Sarasota sound so nice I HAD to make room for it. I don't know where we are staying, but it's week 4 of 4 work trips there for Hubs, so I requested somewhere close to the water if at all possible!

Thanks all for the rec's, and keep them coming if you think of them!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got it worked out! If you like it, maybe your husband will need to go back there on business again!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: