Quantcast Memory Maker, Yay or Nay?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Memory Maker, Yay or Nay?

I am debating on purchasing the memory maker package. My husband doesn't see the benefit because we won't be riding too may rides where they take pictures because we will have our 2 year old with us. (My DH doesn't ride roller coaster rides anyway.) I had heard that it was good because when you do get your picture taken, you can have your whole family in it rather than just one parent or the other. What is your experience? Did you think it was worth the money?
    "You are, by far, the worst pirate I have ever heard of."
    "Ah! But you have heard of me!"

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."

"My friends must be punished."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We always get the memory maker. There are stations for photographs around the park. You can get magic shots and family or individual pics. It is fun and well worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

We always get it too! I like being able to get all the pictures of our vacation whether we are together or exploring the parks alone. The magic shots are so much fun. At a lot of the character meet and greets they get more than the posed shot. We have many more memories of our trips because of memory maker

Post Thanks / Like

We always get it too! You would be surprised at how many pictures you'll end up with that aren't on rides. The ride pictures were a small portion of our pictures. And, yes, all the pictures are the whole family, unless you ask for something different. They often catch those great moments when a child is approaching a character for the first time and is just in awe. We always get more than our money's worth with this package.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Memory Maker. There are photopass photographers in more places than just the rides. The cost of one photo is so expensive that it pays for itself with just a few shots.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go so far as to say with a 2 year-old, definitely get it. Don't focus in so much on the ride photos. Think about how often you'll be able to get tremendous, memorable shots of the 3 of you. Probably not very often without stopping a stranger to take it. Get the package, stop now and then for a Disney photographer at the castle or at the TOL or at Spaceship Earth. They are all over the place! Get those photos and have something to look back on years from now. If you don't get it, you'll wish you had more photos from this particular trip. You'll still have your phone or camera to take your own. But MM allows for the 3 of you in some special shots.

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been one for the Memory Maker. When my family traveled we were all adults and really more interested in going to the rides and never really stopped for the photopass people. Then one year we got annual passes and Memory Maker came with it. I was really surprised how often we stopped for pictures at that point. In fact, we ended up LOOKING for the photographers.

Now I have a 2 year old niece that will be joining us on our next family trip and we're absolutely getting Memory Maker. Having the opportunity to get pictures with the entire family is really worth it.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

10. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is worth it to me. We often stopped for photos with the photographers in the parks. We have many great photos of the whole family, including some special shots, and we have photos from character meetings and meals, add to that the ones on the rides and it's a lot. I always enjoy looking back on the photos. Definitely worth the money.

Post Thanks / Like

If you click on my homepage link, I have a separate album for photopass pictures if you want to get an idea of what kinds of pictures you can get with the Memory Maker.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

We never used to even think about the Memory Maker, then on our last trip we got it free as part of the package. Now I would consider it a must have for our next trip!

Even on the first day we realised it was amazing! We arrived in Magic Kingdom on day 1 (having collected our tickets, purchased magic bands and found out about our free photopass that morning) and as soon as we arrived Chip and Dale were doing an impromptu meet and greet under the train station with no line. We were straight in, not even thinking about photos and then all these amazing pictures we wouldn't have taken of each of us interacting with Chip and Dale had beamed themselves onto our phone app by the time we were walking away.

The cast members are very skilled at choosing the right moment for a picture and organising the party for pictures at viewpoints. There was also the added fun of the secret overlays and animations added to some of the pictures to watch out for. Maybe the rides won't impact you as much this time around but we did enjoy the freedom of just having to swipe our magic band at the end of a ride without having to worry about how much each ride photo costs or how many pieces of cardboard we wanted to carry around, we just took them all!

Short answer: would definitely recommend!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

I know that everyone has probably already convinced you to get the package, and I wanted to throw in my two cents as well and agree with what everyone has already said. It is completely worth it. With that being said, the reasoning is simple. Math. If you plan on purchasing any pictures that are taken from Photo Pass locations or rides that you have been on while in the parks then I suggest MM. To purchase individual pictures will cost about $12-$14 per picture (generally 4x6 pics). Which means purchasing 5 to 7 pictures could cost around $100. For $149, or $120 if you purchase it early enough, you can get ALL of your pictures from your vacation, including the nice videos that are added from some of the rides you are on. We went to Disney last year and when we got home I was able to download over 70 pictures and videos for the $120 that I paid for it. That is an awesome deal.
    1975 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    1977 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2001 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2005 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Even without the ride photos we feel it's well worth it. We stop at all the Photopass places for pictures. You get all the digital copies of your photos.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I am definitely going to get the Memory Maker. I know if I don't I am going to regret not having all those pictures. Thank you for the input!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have Memory Maker included in our APs, but just wanted to share that it is a big plus for character meets with little ones. Our almost 3 year old granddaughter was with us last fall and the PP photographers got some awesome shots of her as she approached the various characters. Some of them had just her in the shot, but the expression on her face is so darn cute! They also got pictures as the character knelt down to her level. They really do a great job snapping multiple pictures before they set up the posed shot.
    We didn’t do too many of the posed shots along Main Street,Hollywood Blvd, etc because it was a pain to take her in and out of the stroller. But we did do some, and also left her in the stroller for some as well.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

So I decided to get the Memory maker, but when I pull it up on MDE, the only option it gives me is $199.00? Is that how much it is? Some people said it was $120.00. I'm still 86 days away from my trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bellerose View Post
    So I decided to get the Memory maker, but when I pull it up on MDE, the only option it gives me is $199.00? Is that how much it is? Some people said it was $120.00. I'm still 86 days away from my trip!
    MemoryMaker full price is $199, but if you purchase it before your arrival, the price comes down to $169. It may show as $199 until you check out. As long as you have a trip confirmation on your MDE account, the price SHOULD come down. If it doesn't, I would definitely call or message them about it.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bellerose View Post
    It goes to show you how much things can change at Disney in such a short amount of time. When we went on our June '17 trip, MM was $149 and if it was bought prior to the trip it cost $120. I guess my info is already outdated. Sorry about that! Even still, $199 is worth it for the amount that you get for it...
    1975 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    1977 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2001 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2005 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: