Quantcast Nintendoland.. What Gives??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nintendoland.. What Gives??

Would anyone believe me if I told you Nintendoland was or is postponed until the third theme park???? No, I don't consider Volcano Bay their third park...

I have heard rumors lately that Universal has put off adding Nintendo into the theme parks until park #3 is a go... if this is the case, then they need to add Hyrule as a land... anything short of that I will be disappointed LOL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Would anyone believe me if I told you Nintendoland was or is postponed until the third theme park???? No, I don't consider Volcano Bay their third park...

I have heard rumors lately that Universal has put off adding Nintendo into the theme parks until park #3 is a go... if this is the case, then they need to add Hyrule as a land... anything short of that I will be disappointed LOL...
    Maybe seeing how star wars land affects them, room for alternate plans?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

3. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Maybe seeing how star wars land affects them, room for alternate plans?
    Star Wars opening will affect them I believe... How much is anyone's guess...

As for alternate plans, haven't heard anything about alternate plans, other than postponing current plans and using them in a new park...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

So do you think they'll announce park three in the next 12 months before SWL opens? I was just Googling the Universal but didn't realize they bought over 400 acres back in 2015, effectively doubling their size, yet four miles from the original Universal Orlando. I know it takes time and money to develop, but I'm surprised they are waiting this long. As this rate it would probably be at least 2021 before they could open a third gate.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

6. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    So do you think they'll announce park three in the next 12 months before SWL opens? I was just Googling the Universal but didn't realize they bought over 400 acres back in 2015, effectively doubling their size, yet four miles from the original Universal Orlando. I know it takes time and money to develop, but I'm surprised they are waiting this long. As this rate it would probably be at least 2021 before they could open a third gate.
    I guess it depends if they feel they have a strong counter, or are coming up w/ something new.. I feel like if,,and thats a big if, Star Wars land is done well, could really compete w/ Harry Potter... So, what do they have to really go the next level? I mean, those are the 2 biggest franchises in the last 15 years.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

8. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it depends if they feel they have a strong counter, or are coming up w/ something new.. I feel like if,,and thats a big if, Star Wars land is done well, could really compete w/ Harry Potter... So, what do they have to really go the next level? I mean, those are the 2 biggest franchises in the last 15 years.
    Star Wars will be done well... There are no limits on this one... Disney knows that... Good enough isn't going to be good enough this time...

Universal can counter with more Potter including Fantastic beasts, Nintendo, and Jurassic World... Let's not forget who owns the theme park rights to the Marvel characters people care about...

10. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Star Wars will be done well... There are no limits on this one... Disney knows that... Good enough isn't going to be good enough this time...

Universal can counter with more Potter including Fantastic beasts, Nintendo, and Jurassic World... Let's not forget who owns the theme park rights to the Marvel characters people care about...
    Well I want a Mosasaurus attraction
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Well I want a Mosasaurus attraction
    Be careful what you wish for. It may come and eat you.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Universal knows 2019 and 2020 and 2021 belong to Disney... 19 and 20 cause of Star Wars, 21 cause of the 50th... Universal will try to keep attendance afloat with the new Harry Potter coaster in Islands of Adventure.... And possible Ministry of Magic where Fear Factor Live is/used to be...

Announcing the 3rd park before Star Wars or during will only get lost in the hype... I believe they will announce after, possible during the 50th where the news won't get lost so much...

I also think Universal has lost the benefit of the doubt now too... The two Potter areas are the two best themed lands in theme parks... Springfield is cute... Skull Island is fantastic even if the ride is mediocre.. But they have struck out with Race Through New York with Jimmy Fallon and Fast and Furious... They need to hit it out of the park with Nintendo...

14. Likes Lindsey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But they have struck out with Race Through New York with Jimmy Fallon and Fast and Furious... They need to hit it out of the park with Nintendo...
    I didn't know that. I'm a Fallon fan so that's a shame. Have you done the attraction?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know that. I'm a Fallon fan so that's a shame. Have you done the attraction?
    Nah... watching videos was enough for me to determine it wasn't something I wanted to ride... Has nothing to do with me not liking Jimmy Fallon... The ride just looked boring... I'm not going to Universal in October.... But maybe I will give it a ride next time I do go to Universal... Maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

I think Universal knows 2019 and 2020 and 2021 belong to Disney... 19 and 20 cause of Star Wars, 21 cause of the 50th... Universal will try to keep attendance afloat with the new Harry Potter coaster in Islands of Adventure.... And possible Ministry of Magic where Fear Factor Live is/used to be...

Announcing the 3rd park before Star Wars or during will only get lost in the hype... I believe they will announce after, possible during the 50th where the news won't get lost so much...
    So if they went with this, when do you think it would be open? I don't want to wait that long. :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    So if they went with this, when do you think it would be open? I don't want to wait that long. :P
    You're guess is as good as mine... THis is all speculation based on rumor I heard... For all I know, phase one could still be set for Universal Studios... It's just nothing seems imminent... No construction starting... No land prepping... Could they be waiting until the Potter coaster is done??? Sure... but more than one project happening at a time hasn't stopped them before...

Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard.... land prep has started on the new theme park area... Theme park area will consist of 3rd park (again Volcano Bay is NOT a 3rd theme park!!!!), another City Walk type area.... and more hotels... We are looking at 3 year time frame to build... So if they start this year, it is 2021... But I think we should be looking more towards the 2022 time frame... IF plans stay on course... Things can happen, and usually do...

Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard.... land prep has started on the new theme park area... Theme park area will consist of 3rd park (again Volcano Bay is NOT a 3rd theme park!!!!), another City Walk type area.... and more hotels... We are looking at 3 year time frame to build... So if they start this year, it is 2021... But I think we should be looking more towards the 2022 time frame... IF plans stay on course... Things can happen, and usually do...
    Thanks for the insight. Looks like it will be a trip to WDW with oldest DS for Star Wars and then a trip to Universal with younger DS for Nintendoland.

Post Thanks / Like

DizneyFreak!!! I'm so happy you are back.

Yes, Hyrule as a land would get me to Universal.

22. Likes DizneyFreak2002, MizMissy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DizneyFreak!!! I'm so happy you are back.

Yes, Hyrule as a land would get me to Universal.
    Thank you Cin... I been around, mostly lurking and reading.. Haven't had much to report plus time been taken up with work and other things... I must say I miss posting here though so hopefully now that things have settled I will be around more often!!!!

Hyrule is a must...

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you DizneyFreak...
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

25. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    Good to see you DizneyFreak...
    Thank you cer.... Great to be posting here again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you ever finish your costume for the 501st and you never told us your thoughts about your last trip.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: