Quantcast Wilderness Cabins Newbie

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilderness Cabins Newbie

I'm thinking of staying at the cabins on this trip. It will be myself, DH, and my 2 year old DD, along with my dad. Never been to the cabins before. Can you park your car next to your cabin? Do the cabins come with dishes and pots and pans or do I need to bring that stuff? How hard is it to get from the cabins to where the restaurants are and such? Thanks for the help!!
    "You are, by far, the worst pirate I have ever heard of."
    "Ah! But you have heard of me!"

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."

"My friends must be punished."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The cabins are awesome! We didn't drive, but I believe other people were parking their vehicles near their cabins. They kitchen has most things you will need. There is an internal bus system that you can use to get around inside Ft Wilderness. The internal buses will take you to where the buses are that go to the parks.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there is a parking spot right outside your front door when you stay at the cabins. The kitchens are quite well equipped. To get to most locations within Fort Wilderness, you will need to take an internal bus. To get to the parks you will need to transfer from internal bus to park bus or boat.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We always rent a golf cart. It is a little pricey but so convenient to get around campground and you can go right to your cabin when you get off the bus from a long day at the parks. Call early to make sure you can get one. Hope I helped. Have a great vaca.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

6. Likes TikiLounger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are more fans of the cabins. We love that you have your own house at Disney, and yes, you ge to park right at your front door. Makes it so easy!

The kitchen comes equipped with basic pots & pans, and there is a dishwasher to make cleaning up easy. To get around the Fort there is an internal bus system. We rented a golf cart on our last stay, but they are expensive, and we're not bothering for this upcoming trip. The only caution is that there isn't a food court or anything, but some great take out, and Trail's End is a wonderful buffet.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has already said what I would have said, but I want to add my plug for the golf carts! Rent one! We loved the convenience and the fun! Back when my kids were in high school, I stayed in a cabin with them and two of their friends. Since I was ALWAYS the first one up and ready to go, I'd jump on the golf cart and explore while they were all getting ready. I seriously had to most fun ever! Fort Wilderness is a pretty cool place to be.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

We rented a golf cart also and it was great just to ride around the resort. Next time, we will only rent one on Magic Kingdom days. When visiting the other parks, we didn't use it at all because we drove to the parks so it just sat at the cabin.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: