Quantcast Getting more FPs after using FPs....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting more FPs after using FPs....

Sorry, but would you guys please remind me how this works? We've never actually tried to get more FPs after using our initial 3. I see that you no longer HAVE to choose 3 in a park. Does this mean that you can choose just one tier 1 ride 60 days out, then see if you can get another tier 1 after using it? Thanks!
    Susanne

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Sorry, but would you guys please remind me how this works? We've never actually tried to get more FPs after using our initial 3. I see that you no longer HAVE to choose 3 in a park. Does this mean that you can choose just one tier 1 ride 60 days out, then see if you can get another tier 1 after using it? Thanks!
    I really don't know! Good question. Previously, I thought you HAD to use all 3, but recently I've read that you can just cancel the other 2 after you use the first. I haven't heard about not needing to at least initially book all 3.
    Not what you're asking, but I thought I'd share one tip someone recently told me, that I did not know about: check the app right after you tap the first Mickey head going into your first FP+ reservation to immediately look for the next one.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

4. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

I know if you have used 3 Fastpasses then it allows you to book any remaining Fastpass, including tier 1 Fastpasses if they are still available. The app shows all remaining Fastpasses and allows you to book one more per person, then a 5th after that and so on.

I have never tried starting the day with less than 3 Fastpasses but I wouldn't have thought there is a system in place to make sure Fastpass #2 and #3 need to be Tier 2 Fastpasses if booked on the day. I think it is just set up so you can only book one tier 1 Fastpass in advance.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

6. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses! We have to go back and review our choices, but there were days where we just booked one Fastpass. We will likely go ahead and add on the other two, but I wasn't sure how booking more the day of worked with just one reserved. Geez. That last sentence seems so complicated.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy View Post

I have never tried starting the day with less than 3 Fastpasses but I wouldn't have thought there is a system in place to make sure Fastpass #2 and #3 need to be Tier 2 Fastpasses if booked on the day. I think it is just set up so you can only book one tier 1 Fastpass in advance.

The systems does not allow another Tier 1 selection until you use #2 and #3, even when switching parks.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

9. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs, PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest booking all 3 fastpasses now. There will be virtually nothing left on the day-of so book what you can now!

Once your third fastpass is used (and by "used" I mean, you've just tapped your magic band and are now waiting in the lineup) you can go on your phone to book another one. You can't book any more until each one is used.

Usually the type of rides that you can get last-minute fastpasses on the day of are not the most popular, EG. Journey Into Imagination, Turtle Talk with Crush, Flying Carpets of Aladdin, etc. Sadly none of the "big rides" will be available on the day of.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

11. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes Isabella, TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Buttercup! We will go back and fill in those FP opportunities.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I read that you don't need FP's for some of the rides. Turned out to be busy enough that it wasn't true. Book them. I couldn't believe the waits on what used to be walk-ons.

Also, day-of, the FP offerings vary by the minute. We searched at lunch time until we found two each for Dinosaur and Expedition Everest. Keep trying.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

14. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is very hard to get a tier 1 day of. Not impossible, but most of them are no longer available day of. I would suggest booking all 3 per day then seeing what else you can get once those are used or the time has expired.

It also depends on what time of year you are visiting. Mardi Gras week 2017 (Feb.) we had no problems continuing to book additional FP's as the day went on once we used our initial 3. We even got a few somewhat hard to come by FP. On our most recent trip, Memorial Day week 2018, once we used our first 3 there wasn't a whole lot left. We were still able to book additional FP but what was available was far less desirable than what we were able to get on that Feb. trip. Also in Feb. we were able to book the extra FP somewhat continuously, one after another without a lot of time between, sometimes going straight to the next ride as soon as we exited one ride. In May our extra FP's seemed to be more spaced out with some time to kill in between.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

16. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

Usually the type of rides that you can get last-minute fastpasses on the day of are not the most popular, EG. Journey Into Imagination, Turtle Talk with Crush, Flying Carpets of Aladdin, etc. Sadly none of the "big rides" will be available on the day of.
    That has been my experience with FP #4. Usually if I do manage to score a fourth FP it has been for a show (Fantasmic, Festival of the Lion King, etc.)
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

18. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    That has been my experience with FP #4. Usually if I do manage to score a fourth FP it has been for a show (Fantasmic, Festival of the Lion King, etc.)
    I think it depends on the time of year. When we have gone at quieter times although 7 Dwarves, Avatar, etc were all long gone there were still god Fastpasses available. We managed Pirates of the Caribbean (which had a long line!), Dinosaur and even Test Track on one day! Things that it was worth getting a FP for.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

20. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It also depends on party size. We've often done day trips and sometimes snag Big Thunder or Space Mountain for a party of 2.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

22. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My experience is you will get a FP for something that doesn't need a FP.

24. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We went back to those days where we had only selected 1 FP and filled in the rest. Not sure we'll even try for more after we use our reserved ones, but it's good to know how it works and what the likely outcome is! Thanks for all the responses!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=buzznwoodysmom;2515872]It is very hard to get a tier 1 day of. Not impossible, but most of them are no longer available day of. I would suggest booking all 3 per day then seeing what else you can get once those are used or the time has expired.

That depends on what day and time of year you go. We were just at Epcot on Wednesday and we used our 3rd around noon. All the tier 1 attractions were available, and not later at night, they were good times. We rolled right into Test Track.
    On Thursday we did MK, and used out 3rd for Pan around 2, we could have got FPs for everything except 7DMT, All the other mountains were still available.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: