Quantcast Infomation on Caribean Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Infomation on Caribean Resort

this upcoming trip will be the first time i've stayed anywhere but a value.
    Hearing about the construction has me a little nervous. Does it totally ruin what I am hoping is a nicer accomodation with better sceneries.
    The food and drink doesn't bother me, as long as i can still get a resort mug, and it works.
    How is the transporation to and from the park?

Any suggestions what i should check out? or are there nice places to sit and read or chill before/after the parks?

thanks.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like if it's your first time trying a moderate after only staying at values, staying at CBR at this time, with all it's construction, is a bad time to feel out a moderate.

Just my opinion, but here goes. We don't care much for the value resorts. Nothing wrong with them, and we have stayed at all of them except AoA. They are just not to our liking, and we try to avoid them if possible. Our favorite moderate is CBR. We have stayed at all of the moderates as well, and CBR is the only moderate we end up going back to when we need to stay at a mod. On our trip a few weeks ago, we were hoping to book 3 nights at a moderate, but was trying to avoid CBR due to the construction, even tho we love it there. The only moderate available for my dates with the military discount was CBR. After viewing a few videos online we decided there was just too much going on there for us to enjoy it. The videos looked pretty depressing to be honest. So we settled on a value. The only other thing available with our military discount for our dates was ASSports. We felt it was better to save some money and go with a value over our favorite moderate while under construction. And that's not something we would normally do in Disney.

Depending on your dates, and what will still be going on, I would not suggest this being your first moderate stay. Pick another moderate, or wait until construction is done to stay at CBR.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

As far as values vs moderates. NO comparison. Mod or better is the only way to go. We enjoyed CBR, especially the food court. With the construction, I'd look elsewhere. But, minor construction would annoy me, much less whatever the current state of CBR is at this moment.

But, regardless. Mods are the way. Nicer, better food, the people are easier to deal with, than what I've found at values. Kinda like the difference of shopping at Family Dollar or Target. Subtle differences that you'll enjoy, if financially acceptable pricing can be found. Cost aside, a better experience.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any preference where I stay as far as value, moderate or deluxe. I have my favorites in each of them. CBR is nice. When I was there, there were hammocks to relax in on the sand. There was also a little island in the middle with music that I enjoyed every morning.
    I believe the sit down restaurant there is closed right now, but it was delicious. There are other food choices though.
    There are several bus stops throughout the property, so you probably won't have to walk very far to get to one. It is kind've a pain to have to wait for your bus stop when you are on your way back to the resort after a long day in the park.
    It is a pretty big resort, so hopefully you will get a room far from the construction. If you are at the parks all day and just sleep in the room, it probably won't be a big deal to you. It sounds like you tend to enjoy your resort time though, so you may want to consider staying somewhere else. Port Orleans Riverside in the mansions is my favorite moderate because of the atmosphere. There are a lot of outdoor areas to just soak it in.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: