Quantcast Rose and Crown vs La Hacienda de San Angel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rose and Crown vs La Hacienda de San Angel

Rose and Crown has always been our go to place whenever we are in EPCOT. They had a great steak and we always managed to get reservations later in the evening so we can get a great viewing spot for Illuminations. So it was in our plans to eat there for our upcoming trip in August and we scored a pretty good dinner time which would allow us to see Illuminations from their great location. Then we saw they changed the menu and they eliminated the steak. The fish and chips are good but my wife and daughters either don’t like fish or will not eat fatty or fried food. The steak was pretty much it.
    Now we’re not sure if we want to keep the reservation and attempt to try something else on the menu which chances are they won’t like or try another restaurant with a decent view. We are looking at possibly trying La Hacienda de San Angel. We looked at the menu and there is steak on the menu. So does anyone know if it’s possible to view Illuminations here like you can at the Rose and Crown?
    There is only one place I want to be......

Next Trip:

August 2009 ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

La Hacienda is in a closed Off venue. I don’t know if they offer special
    Seating if you eat there but you cannot see it from the restaurant. We have eaten there a few times. The last time we did not enjoy the food. However, everyone has different tastes and you may enjoy it. Have a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Disneycrazed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

La Hacienda is right on the lagoon and many tables do indeed have a view of the fireworks. But if you want a really good view you would have to try for a table by or near the lagoon-side windows, which is what most other people are going to be trying for in that time frame. I would recommend eating at Tokyo Dining in the Japan pavilion during Illuminations; many of the tables will at least have some view of the show, and the window-side tables have an excellent view. Of course, the restaurant is known for their sushi, but they do have some steak and chicken options available (very good steak, as a matter of fact!) I haven't dined there in a while, but they used to let you get anything off of Teppan Edo's menu too.

Some of the outdoor tables at Spice Road Table also have a good view of Illuminations. Again, you have to compete with other diners for those tables, but might have a better chance than at La Hacienda.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

5. Thanks Disneycrazed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hacienda.. well, do you consider taco bueno and pace picante food, as mexican food? Then you might be okay w/ the food.

Whatever you do, don't do San Angel Inn, lot like a Patio TV dinner.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

7. Thanks Disneycrazed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We timed our ADR at La Hacienda so that we were finishing dessert when Illuminations started. Our table view was okay, but everyone got up around us (and so did we) to get a better view ..... no problems that I can remember and no one had a blocked view ....
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

9. Thanks Disneycrazed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of La Hacienda's food. I am from the Southwest though, so I'm used to western Mexican food. I know there are regional differences to their food just like in the US. Also, the East Coast can have their Mexican food heavily influenced by the Caribbean islands in some areas.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: