Quantcast Disney Cruise 2019!
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Disney Cruise 2019!

    So After watching many Vlogs, We have decided to go Disney Cruising in 2019. I have lots of questions. I hope the Intercot community can help!

    SO EXCITED!

    First Question, how Early is the check in?
    Where is and how much is Parking?

    '83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Exciting!! When and where are you going?

    We have booked our 5th Disney cruise on the Fantasy August 24th 2019!!

    If you are first time cruisers you won't get access to your check-in time until you are 75 days out. But on our first cruise we were able to get a check-in time of 10:30. You don't actually board the ship until 11:00 or so.

    We always park at the terminal and is a $17/day. There are cheaper alternatives but you are nowhere near the terminal and will have to rely on a shuttle to get you to and from the port. For us it is a matter of convenience that I will always pay to park at the terminal

    Ask away and hopefully myself or others will answer your questions
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We have done 2 Disney cruises and had a blast! You are going to love it!

    We arrived at Orlando airport and used the Disney transportation to get us to the port. It was so easy and convenient.

    Have fun planning all the details!
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip October 2017
    Next Trip December 2019

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Morristown NJ
    Posts
    7,046
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We're dipping our toes in the DCL pool with our first cruise aboard the Dream this August.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,044
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Was thinking of taking the DVC Cruise out of NYC next year (October).

    Anyone have any experience with that port?
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianWDWFan View Post
    Exciting!! When and where are you going?

    We have booked our 5th Disney cruise on the Fantasy August 24th 2019!!

    If you are first time cruisers you won't get access to your check-in time until you are 75 days out. But on our first cruise we were able to get a check-in time of 10:30. You don't actually board the ship until 11:00 or so.

    We always park at the terminal and is a $17/day. There are cheaper alternatives but you are nowhere near the terminal and will have to rely on a shuttle to get you to and from the port. For us it is a matter of convenience that I will always pay to park at the terminal

    Ask away and hopefully myself or others will answer your questions
    Hey, thank you for the information. I believe our cruise is on the Dream and departs on the 23rd.
    Do you have to reserve a spot for the parking?

    '83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VacationDisney View Post
    We have done 2 Disney cruises and had a blast! You are going to love it!

    We arrived at Orlando airport and used the Disney transportation to get us to the port. It was so easy and convenient.

    Have fun planning all the details!
    Hey cool. We might be going to Disney for a few days after the cruise. Or we would use the transports.

    '83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    We're dipping our toes in the DCL pool with our first cruise aboard the Dream this August.
    How Awesome! I know you will have a blast!

    '83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    Was thinking of taking the DVC Cruise out of NYC next year (October).

    Anyone have any experience with that port?
    Sorry, I have driven by the terminals, but never been inside. I hope someone can answer.

    '83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by honeybear View Post
    Hey, thank you for the information. I believe our cruise is on the Dream and departs on the 23rd.
    Do you have to reserve a spot for the parking?
    No, there is no reserved parking, first come first serve. I always park in the parking structure and have never had any problem finding a spot.

    You used to be able to pay in advance for parking but that just changed recently. It is done by CC at the entrance to the lot.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockaway Park, NY
    Posts
    577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    Was thinking of taking the DVC Cruise out of NYC next year (October).

    Anyone have any experience with that port?
    We sailed out of there a few times. Disney once. Itís not terrible but itís not as good as a terminal as Disney cruise terminal in port Canaveral


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

    Next Trip:

    AoA For 2018 Marathon weekend 1/3/18-1/7/18

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockaway Park, NY
    Posts
    577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And we are also thinking about the DVC member cruise in October. Itís VERY expensive. We are taking the DVC member cruise next month on the dream and depending how that goes, and if any rooms are still available, we MIGHT book


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

    Next Trip:

    AoA For 2018 Marathon weekend 1/3/18-1/7/18

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianWDWFan View Post
    No, there is no reserved parking, first come first serve. I always park in the parking structure and have never had any problem finding a spot.

    You used to be able to pay in advance for parking but that just changed recently. It is done by CC at the entrance to the lot.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much for the info.

    '83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    572
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank you all for your responses. I think I have asked about this before, but I need my memory refreshed.
    I saw lots of Vlogs with people doing Gifts and they place them in these pouches on the hooks outside the doors. Is this through Disney? How does this work?

    '83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by honeybear View Post
    Thank you all for your responses. I think I have asked about this before, but I need my memory refreshed.
    I saw lots of Vlogs with people doing Gifts and they place them in these pouches on the hooks outside the doors. Is this through Disney? How does this work?
    That's called Fish Extenders or FE for short. I am not going to go into details here on it. This is something that is done outside of INTERCOT.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
© Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site