Quantcast Update on my AKL dining question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on my AKL dining question

Thank you all for the responses to my question about AKL dining...I finally convinced my family to go with Jiko! Now I have another question...I was reading about the Rivers of Light package and I am not torn between Tiffins with the Rivers of Light package and sticking with Jiko. My mom and I both have trouble with buffets (physical health issues) so Boma isn't an option and I'd prefer not to do Tusker House but if the Rivers of Light package is worth it, I'd make an exception. I wondered how Tiffins is? Would you recommend sticking with Jiko and doing Tusker House Rivers of Light package, change to Tiffins for the Rivers of Light package, or is the Rivers of Light package not really worth it? I managed to decide on all of our other restaurants without as much trouble as I'm having with the Animal Kingdom/Animal Kingdom Lodge restaurants!

Thanks for all the help!
    *** Tiffany ***
    Next Trip: Pre-Christmas Girl's Trip! 12/6-12/18 at CSR
    Past Trips: many off-site growing up; 2/07 (CBR), 10/08 (POFQ), 10/09 (Poly), 1/10 (POR, CR), 11/11 (POFQ), 11/14 (POFQ), 3/17 (POR)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were just there a couple of weeks ago. We got a fastpass for Rivers of Light 15 minutes before the show and still had great seats for it. I wasn't a big fan of the show, but if you want to see it, you can fastpass it pretty late in the game and still get in. I would stick with Jiko.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Disclaimer - I didn't go to rivers of light - but I have NOT heard really great things about it. We didn't do it when we were there last week. But what I HAVE heard (again, haven't done it) is that Tiffins is really, really good. So I guess it comes down to what you want to "do". Having no interest in R of L, I'd much rather do Jiko and then enjoy wandering around AKL, going out to the deck to look through the infrared binoculars to see the savannah at night, etc. But if you are planning to do Rivers anyway, the Tiffins package could be good.... BOTH are signature dining, at roughly the same price point, and both highly recommended, so you can't go wrong either way!

Post Thanks / Like

We went to ROL 2x in March and we loved it. One time we entered via standby and the other it was doing the ROL dini g package via Tusker House breakfast. We did enjoy our breakfast and it was nice not to worry about seating or arriving early. I have heard nor read any bad reviews of Tiffins. I would recommend Tusker House breakfast as a possible option and Yak and Yeti for an afternoon meal. It was one of our favorites from our most recent trip. If you have any specific questions regarding TH breakfast, the dining package or ROL let me know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You don't really need a ROL dining package. Especially if you're using any type of mobility aids (which you may not be, I just noticed the physical challenges with buffets in your post), the value of the dining package is reduced, as you'll be seating in the accessible seating. I'd stick with where you want to eat and if you want to see ROL, you could use a FP (likely available later in the day), or just do standby. It is a cute show, but not a "have to see".
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    You don't really need a ROL dining package. Especially if you're using any type of mobility aids (which you may not be, I just noticed the physical challenges with buffets in your post), the value of the dining package is reduced, as you'll be seating in the accessible seating. I'd stick with where you want to eat and if you want to see ROL, you could use a FP (likely available later in the day), or just do standby. It is a cute show, but not a "have to see".
    I can’t comment on the restaurant but we did ROL and really enjoyed it. It’s different than a fireworks show but a cool change of pace imo. I’d love to see it again. We had a FP for it, but it looked like all of the seating would be good.
    Mary

Ten trips and counting!!! DW next!
    DVC AKKV

Post Thanks / Like

I did ROL standbye the Monday before Thanksgiving (one of the busiest weeks of the year). We had no problem getting a good seat. Actually, we did not even wait to get in, we just walked up about 5 minutes after they started letting people into the seating area, and we were able to walk right in.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Try not to get caught in the trap of thinking you have to do it all and pick the best. It will just drive you crazy. Take a deep breath, remind yourself that you guys will have a good time no matter which one you choose, and enjoy the planning instead of stressing about it.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Try not to get caught in the trap of thinking you have to do it all and pick the best. It will just drive you crazy. Take a deep breath, remind yourself that you guys will have a good time no matter which one you choose, and enjoy the planning instead of stressing about it.
    Great advice! Quality over quantity!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: