Quantcast Barksy's Most Expensive Day Ever Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barksy's Most Expensive Day Ever Day 6

Barsky - Golden Retriever pup extraordinaire
    Christi - my human
    Aaron - my human's friend and shaman in World of Warcraft

My human said we were going to Animal Kingdom today. It sounded like a phenomenal place to me. We got up and got ready at a leisurely pace. My human was very happy to have dry shoes for once. Then we headed off to the park, missed the turn off and headed off to the park again!

We stopped to get a photopass picture with the Animal Kingdom logo in the background. Then we noticed a photo set up for Animal Kingdom's 20th birthday off to the side. We hopped in there for another picture and were photobombed by a little boy. He even raised his hands when the photographer told us to do it.

My human finally found a pair of Mickey ears that she liked. As we wandered down the path, a man and his daughter asked us if we knew the way to Flight of Passage. We showed them where to go and picked up a return time at the same time. Then we wandered around and took some pictures. My human hasn't seen the movie and didn't really understand the scenery. Aaron explained it to her. He said "if it is anything like the movie, you will love it at night." I hoped he was right, because she definitely wasn't impressed with the daytime version of it.

We left the crunch of humanity and headed to Africa where a Festival of the Lion King show was about to start. My human loves this show, so we went in. She was prepared with tissues, since this show always makes her cry. Silly humans! We were in the giraffe section. Baaaa Baaaa.
    Pink pajamas penguins do lambada
    Pink pajamas penguins do lambada
    The fire guy was awesome as always. We said goodbye to Simba and Pumbaa and blinking, stepped into the sun. It wasn't time for our Kali River Rapids fastpass yet, so we headed on a Jungle Trek.

The bats were as big as I am. One of the tigers came right up to the glass. We stopped to get pictures at a watering hole and saw tiger cubs! We even spent a great deal of time spotting birds in the aviary. One of the cast members had a feather quill that was 2 feet long! Then we found the bird that it belonged it.

It was time for our whitewater rafting trip down the Kali River, so we waved goodbye to the birds. The line to board our boat was really long, but we couldn't tell that at first. After a couple of bends, we found the line and came to a dead stop. Every once in a while, our line would move forward. We hoped it wouldn't take too long. The standby line was completely empty. My human thought about just going in that line, but wondered if it was backed up farther down the line where we couldn't see. Every once in a while, someone would be walking back along the standby line trail not looking very happy. My human sat down to wait, but then a lady coming back up the standby line told us all that it was broken down. We turned around and headed back. The cast members at the front of the line told us our fastpasses would automatically change to ones we could use anywhere except Flight of Passage, Navi River Journey or Rivers of Light.

We decided to go eat lunch at Pizzafari. My human LOVES Pizzafari. Unfortunately, the line looked like it was about 30 minutes long. We were about to go find somewhere else to eat, when an empty line and a sign caught my human's eye - "mobile ordering". She had read a little bit about it on intercot and decided to check it out. We found a table, placed our order and expected to wait about 30 minutes.. Wrong! Within 5 minutes, we were notified that our food was ready. It was delicious! Even Aaron said it was yummy, and he is a picky eater.

After eating, we headed back to Pandora at a leisurely pace. My human has trouble digesting grains, so she didn't want to get on the ride and throw up. She was pretty nervous about Flight of Passage, wondering if it was going to be too jerky for her. She imagined it was like Star Tours without the support of the seat. It turns out that she didn't need to worry. She also didn't need to see the movie to understand what was going on.

First we were scanned for viruses. We all had cooties!! Ewww. We moved around a bit and the viruses were eradicated. Then we had to get our DNA matched. They had a little trouble matching mine. I guess they don't get many puppies through there. Then we headed to our banshees. Once we sat down, the machine moved to lock our ankles in and a back support moved into place. It was secure but not too tight. Plenty of support for my human. The link was put into place, and we took off!.

This ride was spectacular! It was like Soarin' but more immersive. You could feel the banshee breathing below you. The smells were wonderful, and you couldn't see the edges of the screen like on Soarin'. It even tilted you in the direction you were flying.

When our flight was over, Aaron was like an excited little kid. My human and I went to browse around the store, while he went to get another return time. We picked out some trading pins. Then we sat and people watched until he got back.

It started raining, but we had decided to to trying our rafting trip again and planned on getting wet anyway. Our fastpass had never converted, but the cast members at Kali River Rapids let us go through anyway. We just walked straight on. My human thought there was going to be a big drop at some point, but there wasn't. She must have gotten it confused with Grizzly River Rapids in Disney's California Adventure.

We didn't get too wet from the ride itself, but by the time we got off of the ride, it had started pouring rain. My human whined "but I just got my shoes dry." We headed to Dinoland to visit Hester and Chester. Primeval Whirl is one of my human's favorite rides, and we took a chance that the line would be short with all the rain. It was.

Far from enjoying this ride, my human was pretty sure she was going to die. Instead of spinning smoothly, it was jerking all over the place even on the straight stretches. At one point, it jerked so hard, she slid across the seat and almost flew over the lap bar. Then we came to such an instantaneous stop, she was sure someone must have thrown some emergency switch. We sat there for a while and then we were slowly returned to the loading dock.

We needed a break after that, so we made our way to Port Orleans Riverside. There was a build-your-own-pasta station that was calling our name. We both ordered fettucini alfredo. It was great to watch the fire fly out of the pan as they cooked our meal. Aaron got a piece of chocolate cake also. After dinner, the rain had changed to a light drizzle, so we wandered around the resort. It is beautiful.

It was almost time for our Kilimanjaro Safari fastpass, so we headed back. My human hoped that the massage therapist who told us to change our fastpass from early morning to sunset knew what she was talking about. It turns out, she really did. Our first animal sighting was an Okapi. Christi was so thrilled to see it after Popphan had reported they weren't there before. We passed alligators, hippos, flamingos, a baobab tree, a termite home, and a lot more. A giraffe made us stop while he walked across the road. Two young male giraffes were testing each other out by hitting heads and necks together. The lion was roaring in the distance. When we got to where he was, he was sitting up on his rock. One lioness was sleeping in plain view of us, and another was sitting out on another rock. Unfortunately, our two week safari was over too soon. We waved goodbye to our safari guide, and used Popphan's back entry to return to Pandora.

On the way, a beautiful rainbow appeared in the sky. As the trees parted more, we could see that it was actually a double rainbow. Once we reached Pandora, Aaron spoke with his kids on the phone while my human and I took pictures. It still didn't seem all that impressive. My human decided that you have to see the movie to appreciate the grounds. There was some sort of drum ceremony going on in the distance, but it was time for our Na'vi River Journey fastpass. When Aaron got off of the phone, we skipped the drumming and got into line. This ride had beautiful colors everywhere. If the ride was just to see the scenery, it was awesome. If there was supposed to be a storyline, you would have to see the movie to get it.

When we exited the ride, it was completely dark, and everything was lit up in a different light. The waterfall looked spectacular. There was a long line to get a photopass picture in front of it, so we skipped it. Everything was glowing in a different light. It was indeed prettier at night. Our return time was open, so we headed back to Flight of Passage. Aaron was practically running. Christi was taking in the sights.

This time, our DNA match up was pretty fast, and our flight was just as amazing. I noticed even more details than the last time. It was great but over too soon. We moseyed on down the exit again. My human checked to see if any more fastpasses were available. Rivers of Light was available and started in 15 minutes. Grabbed the fastpasses and found our way to the entrance. It was all the way back through dinoland and past the Nemo show. With getting our fastpasses that late and walking all that way, we were amazed when we still had front row seating. The seats never got more than a quarter full.

Aaron thought the show as ok. Christi was pretty underwhelmed. She cancelled the Rivers of Light dining package that she had booked for everyone in October. Even if the others wanted to see the show, they could grab fastpasses for it later in the evening. In the distance, the Tree of Life was changing colors. She thought her time would be better spent taking pictures with the different shades. It didn't take us long to fall asleep that night.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline, Isabella liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You certainly have been plagued with wet weather!! Still, you got to a lot at Animal Kingdom and even got to visit another resort - nice day and report!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a busy day ... and you did so much, even with the rain.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun day, even with having to dodge raindrops...again!!

Rivers of Light can be a little disappointing if you were looking for Illuminations or HEA to compare it to. For the park it's in and the safety and comfort of the animals, though.....

Agreed, Pandora isn't much to look at during the day, unless you know a little about the movie. Still, MUCH nicer after dark!! FoP is just astounding! Glad you enjoyed it as well.

Thanks for another great report, Barksy!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hitting it out of the "Bark" yet again!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    Hitting it out of the "Bark" yet again!
    Lol. That gave me a good laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Sounds like a fun day, even with having to dodge raindrops...again!!

Rivers of Light can be a little disappointing if you were looking for Illuminations or HEA to compare it to. For the park it's in and the safety and comfort of the animals, though.....

Agreed, Pandora isn't much to look at during the day, unless you know a little about the movie. Still, MUCH nicer after dark!! FoP is just astounding! Glad you enjoyed it as well.

Thanks for another great report, Barksy!!
    I've thought about RoL a lot, since I've been back. I didn't understand the story behind the show, and the guys at the beginning creeped me out. I didn't care for the music much, which is a big thing for me. Plus the projections on the water didn't really have the wow factor that I get when watching World of Color - maybe because I've seen the water projections used too much.

I am sure there are some people who love it, and I would imagine it is great for small kids who get scared of the loud fireworks. It is nice that Animal Kingdom has a nighttime show now, and the animal floats were pretty cool. The boats had pretty colors, even if I never figured out what they were there for.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: