Quantcast Barksy's Most Expensive Day Ever Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barksy's Most Expensive Day Ever Day 3

Barsky - Golden Retriever pup extraordinaire
    Christi - my human
    Aaron - my human's friend and shaman in World of Warcraft

We got to sleep in on this day. My human had planned to go to Hollywood Studios and stated that there wasn't enough to do there to keep us busy all day. Apparently they are doing some construction to make it better.

My human opted to take a bath without the bubbles this morning. I thought this was a great idea, since I had dreamed that the bubbles came out from under the bathroom door and engulfed all of us. One time when my human was on the phone with Disney Dining for a long time making plans for our October trip, the cast member had told her that on the cast member's trip to Scottsdale, Arizona, she had used bubbles in her jacuzzi tub and it flooded the whole bathroom. I think that is why I dreamt about it.

I was starting to get hungry and my human told me we were having breakfast with Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Prince Eric and Ariel. I hoped Max would be there.

It was a quick trip to the Boardwalk, and we stopped to get directions to Trattoria al Forno. It was pretty easy to find once we were headed in the right direction. We had to wait for a while before we were seated, but our table was pretty good when we got it. We could see each person make their grand entrance as the announcer introduced them.

Our server brought us some yummy pastries. My human didn't eat them, so it left her half for me to eat. The server also brought some fruit for us. We ordered and then Flynn Rider was the first one to come in. When got to us, he confided that Rapunzel had been wanting a dog. Ariel had been telling her how great it was to have Max. I told him that Maximus would love to have a dog friend. He said "Indeed he would." and had to go see the next group of people.

Next Rapunzel visited us. She told us how she really wanted a dog, but Flynn was telling her no. I assured her I was winning Flynn over. He also came over and took Rapunzel to see the service dog at the table next to us.

Prince Eric came to see how we were doing. He did not have Max with him, but he said he would pass my tail wags along to his dog. While we were talking, Ariel showed up and began discussing how Rapunzel wanted a dog, but Flynn wouldn't let her have one. Prince Eric said that he would rectify that situation. Soon Flynn Rider showed up again stating that he had no reason to be there, but he wanted to join in. Ariel and Eric were showing Flynn what a good dog I was, and how he should get one for Rapunzel. Flynn Ryder said he would think about it and wandered off. Prince Eric went after him, and Ariel was very excited to stay and take pictures with me.

After meeting all the royalty and filling our tummies, we walked along the Boardwalk. My human wandered down to where her daughter had wanted to have the wedding. She said she was glad that Danielle had changed her mind, because she didn't think Danielle would have liked that site as much in person as she had in the pictures. It was pretty small, and the backdrop wasn't as great as the pictures made it out to be.

We still had a few hours before our fastpasses, so we drove to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Christi wanted to show us where we would be staying in October, and she wanted to see if they would charge her to park without a dinner reservation. The security guard asked us what we were doing, checked our ID, and then waved us on through.
    The resort was amazing! The lobby smelled wonderful, and everyone was very friendly. We went to Mara to get zebra domes, and they took cash. (My human had wanted to test it.) We went outside for a while. Animals were everywhere. I can't wait to go back.

It was time to head to Hollywood Studios. First we stopped at the entrance to have the Photopass Photographer take pictures in front of the Mickey topiary. We also stopped to get Photopass pictures just inside the entrance. Then we went to Toy Story Midway Mania to get a return time. It was going to be a couple of hours, so we headed over to Star Tours for our hyperspace flight. Just as we were taking off, Darth Vader tried to use the force to stop us! Some quick thinking by the droids got us free, so that we could get the rebel spy to safety. We jumped to lightspeed and arrived on Jakku. We had to escape from there, and things got pretty dicey. We managed to safely deliver the spy though.

It was starting to rain, but it was time for us to visit the Muppets. Fozzie bear made me laugh quite a bit. The two old guys watching from the balcony were pretty hilarious also. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

WALDORF
    Do we have time to go to the bathroom before the next show?

STATLER
    We can’t, you old fool! We’re bolted to the seats!

We, however, were not bolted to the seats. We got up and made our way to Toy Story Midway Mania through the rain. On the way, my human noticed that we could meet Star Lord and Groot. One ducked into One Man's Dream, where my human tried to linger and look at everything, but Aaron was hurriedly trying to get to see Star Lord. The line didn't look very long, but it actually took us about 30 minutes before it was our turn. My human just sat on the ground and rested. When we were next, there was a long delay, so we talked to the cast member at the front of the line. He told us about how cast members have the opportunity to help out in other parks if a new attraction opens (such as shanghai disney) or help out on the cruise line. He also told us that during the last hurricane, one of the Disney ships picked up the cast members from Castaway Cay, and those cast members got to be guests on the ship for a week to keep them safe. Finally it was our turn to meet Star Lord and Groot. Groot was pretty cool. When we were done, Aaron even let my human browse through everything on the way back out.

The standby line for Toy Story Midway Mania was 2 hours long. I felt sorry for the people standing in the rain waiting to ride. My human and I started out strong. We had 30,000 points to his 8,000. Our arms got tired though, and Aaron pulled ahead shooting at the mine cars during the last game. We plotted revenge for later in the week.

We were soaking wet, and my human was pretty tired. Aaron was hungry, so we decided to head back to our resort, grab some Chick-Fil-A on the way and take a break before coming back to see the Star Wars nighttime show. We never made it back. My human was too tired and wanted to rest for the full day at Magic Kingdom the next day. She felt badly for not finding a great spot for my human brother Kyle to see the Star Wars show, but Aaron reminded her that Kyle would want her to rest more than he would want to see the show.

We ate our Chick-Fil-A on the balcony and watched the rain continue to fall while listening to the crickets. It was a lot like the Bayou scene in Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland. That is my human's favorite scene of all time.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Thanks faline, PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes faline, PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are enjoying the parks despite the rain!! You covered lots of ground on this day so it is no wonder that some rest time was needed!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a busy day! I think Sam's comment that stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic is my favourite line in any attraction at Disney!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: