We had lunch at Trex. Contrary to Texas211's belief, we did not even have to use phasers to get in :P We were seated in less than 10 minutes of arriving. It was mid-afternoon on a Friday. The sole purpose of going here was to scope out some info for a fellow Intercotee. Our server was named Alex, and he was very attentive and accommodating. I explained the Intercotee's concerns, and he said that we were indeed seated in the best area for children who might get scared. The giant octopus moves very slowly (I didn't even notice it moving), and the fish aquarium stays lighted when the lights go down. Our server said when you call and make reservations, you can request which area you want. Ours was the coral cave.

One thing I want to mention though, there are three dinosaurs (one is very large) at the check-in podium on the inside. They do move around, so you may want to consider keeping small children outside until you are seated.

Aaron says
1. Really cool place
2. Excellent service
3. Aesthetic was awesome

These are the pictures from Trex. The first 21 are from the area we were seated. The others I took when I got up and walked around to go to the bathroom. Picture 46 shows the dinosaurs behind the inside check in podium.

https://disneymania2018.shutterfly.com/pictures/948