Quantcast Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch at O'Hana

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch at O'Hana

I have only been to O'hana's twice, but both times I have had ridiculously long waits (1 hour +). This time, we checked in, got our picture with Pluto and then had to sit at the bar. There wasn't anywhere else to sit. Thankfully it was open. I ordered a cranberry juice. Aaron got some other juice that he doesn't remember.

We finally went up and asked if we could just cancel the meal and not be charged the $10 per person fee. . I had an appointment for a massage an hour and a half from that point. The lady at the desk said she would see what she could do. She returned and said our table had been assigned. They just needed to clean it. We were seated about 10 minutes after that. She said that if it was fastpasses or an appointment on property, she would have been able to alter the time for us.

Pros
    1. This is the only restaurant where the chef came out and discussed my dietary restrictions with me. He made some alterations based on what he had available and gave me a pretty good meal.
    2. MDE only allows you to list things as an allergy, so it came up as me being allergic to grains. Our server was very attentive and kept all bread away from me until we explained the situation. He even told Aaron he had to brush his teeth before kissing me, since Aaron was eating the bread. (After many trips with various male friends, I have learned to just accept that cast members assume we are a couple - even when I went two years ago with a very obviously gay friend. If they didn't assume we were a couple, they assumed he was my dad.) I thought this was pretty awesome of him to have that level of awareness of food allergies.
    3. We had a great view from our seat. I can understand why people think this is a good place to eat to view the MK fireworks. (I actually typed out Wishes and then remembered that Wishes is gone. :\)

Cons
    1. I was pretty stressed about the time frame.
    2. Even if I didn't have an appointment looming over my head, who wants to sit around waiting to eat for an hour?

Aaron's list
    1. All you can eat, but they bring it out. He would prefer to pick his own food.
    2. Didn't like the juice
    3. Service was good
    4. The food was good.
    5. The characters were good
    6. Seating was good.

I will probably not return to O'hana's again unless someone is really, really, really set on going. I know it gets great reviews on here. I guess I am just not as patient as everyone else.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you've had to wait so long! I've never been to breakfast, but we've done dinner a number of times and never had a wait longer than 10 minutes. Is it a breakfast thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I'm sorry you've had to wait so long! I've never been to breakfast, but we've done dinner a number of times and never had a wait longer than 10 minutes. Is it a breakfast thing?
    The first time we ate at O'hana's was dinner, and we waited even longer than I did for breakfast. That was back in 2005. I decided to give it a try again, but the wait wasn't any better.

That's ok though. There are plenty of other places we love, and that frees up more tables for the O'hana fans.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry you had to wait so long. We have never waited more than 10 minutes for breakfast. Even though it is severed family style we have always asked for seconds or thirds on specific items and had them brought out promptly.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: