Quantcast Thanksgiving Day Dining Technical Glitch?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Thanksgiving Day Dining Technical Glitch?

I have never had this situation before so I thought I would find out if anyone has any information out there.

My booking window opened up today for our vacation during Thanksgiving week. I went online 6am this morning to get the Ale and Compass Restaurant for Thursday, 11/22 at dinner time. Funny thing is, all the days of the week are highlighted blue to get a reservation there, but the 22nd is shaded gray. It won't even let me select it under the calendar option.

I called Disney dining number (mistake) and was told there was a 2 hour wait at 6:30am. At around 8am when someone finally came on, they didn't really hear my issue about date being "grayed" out and proceeded to tell me really nothing. I asked if the whole restaurant is booked for a special event for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and they didn't really have an answer.

Its funny, I was trying to book OHana for the same week, on Friday, and even though I couldn't get the times/date that I wanted, at least it let me search and wasn't "grayed" out on the calendar, it was blue.

If anyone has ever had this issue or has any explanations, it would be appreciated.

BWV & HH

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As a follow up, after waiting all day, received an email from Disney stating that it is one of the busiest dining days of the year and the restaurant didn't load their reservations in the system yet???? Ok, understand the busy statement, but isn't that what the dining reservation system is for?

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Just a note, if you are unable to get what you want for Thanksgiving try a restaurant that has something that people normally don't think of as Thanksgiving food (i.e. Italian, Chinese, Japanese, or Mexican).

The last 2 years I was able to get Mama Melrose's reservations for Thanksgiving day, and last year I did not even try to get reservations until mid June.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

5. Thanks missymouseworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We love Boma for Thanksgiving dinner!

7. Thanks missymouseworld thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: