Quantcast Back to Disney - Lunch at the GF cafe and time at Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back to Disney - Lunch at the GF cafe and time at Epcot

Our last park day started with a visit from family who traveled from a town several hours away in Florida to enjoy some time together. We had lunch at the Grand Floridian cafe. When I made the ADR I hadn't realized brunch was being served but this was a good mistake as my DH ordered and loved the flight of eggs Benedict (one each of traditional, lobster and chorizo. They were accommodating and served a half salad to one of our guests. After lunch and saying our goodbyes the concierge switched our Jiko reservation to Biergarten so that we could enjoy time at Epcot. We took the monorail over (what an amazing view of the flowers from the monorail!) and walked through the countries (it was really hot which was a bit miserable while we were in Future Land, which felt like cement land), getting another signature in the boys African picture book from a cast member from Casa Blanca. I shopped in my favorite store, the one in Japan. We rode Living with the Land, wrapping up our natural resources unit study and Spaceship Earth which my older son liked because it reviewed some our history lessons and "seemed like it was happening in front of you"! Dinner at Biergarten was fun, and the show seemed to last linger than I expected. It wasn't relaxing at first as our younger son had a blood glucose low which I first tried to treat with a dessert but all he liked was the watermelon so we ended up using the Apple juice we brought with us. It turns out he loves spicy Bavarian sausage too, lol! The atmosphere in Epcot was a lot of fun during the day, better than the evening earlier in the week when there were more guests drinking and using language inappropriate for little ears. Anyway, we ended our evening enjoying delicious desserts back at the AKL club level. I laid out swimsuits for the children and DH to have a pool morning the next day and packed up as much as I could so we would be ready to leave at around noon the next day.
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!

2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip! Glad you enjoyed!
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

The Grand Floridian Cafe has long been a favorite of ours - glad you got to enjoy it!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I'm didn't know the GF Cafe had brunch, will have to look into it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago we ate dinner there and it wasn't the best meal. So I was pleasantly surprised! On previpus trips we have loved the Captain's Grille breakfast buffet over at the Yacht Club. It was fantastic.
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!