Quantcast Back to Disney- The Day We Ditched Our Plans

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back to Disney- The Day We Ditched Our Plans

We arrived home yesterday and I spent today running the washer machine and dryer - mountains of laundry to deal with but so worth it! I was utterly wiped out and wasn't able to post after Wednesday morning, so I'll pick up where I left off.

Thank you for the encouraging replies, ditching our plans to spend the day at Epcot was a good call! The boys loved the Jambo pool, it is gorgeous. We ended up spending the morning there and then taking the super convenient van (we were dried off but still in our bathing suits) to Kidani village. We ate at the pool bar, choosing pre-packaged meals from the menu. My DH got the curried tuna salad with golden grapes and I enjoyed a salad and a sangria. There were good kids choices and they substituted extra grapes rather than giving my younger son applesauce which we use to treat low blood glucose levels. After eating the boys tried and loved the two story slide and we stayed as long as we could before returning to the room to get ready for our dinner at Il Mulino. Unfortunately part of my son's medical device was broken on the slide. We had packed an old back up which thankfully worked and ordered a new one from the device company. The concierge put a note that we were expecting it to be delivered and agreed to sign for it for us. My DH's foot seemed to be helped by the pool which was great, and the convenience of the AKL van was wonderful. We drove to Il Mulino and our valet parking was validated by the restaurant. We were told we could keep the car there for as long as we wished after dinner. So, after a great dinner (the shrimp with canneli beans was especially delicious!) we took the boat to Beach Club and showed the boys the resort where we honeymooned (so sentimental for me!) and entered Epcot through the Intl gateway. We decided to use our last special FP we had been granted the day before on the Frozen ride in Norway. Our younger son loves Olaf who he calls "my snowman" since receiving a handmade Olaf fleece blanket when diagnosed at the hospital years ago. He has never seen the movie, but has a stuffed Olaf. Thankfully Olaf had lots of great appearances in the ride so he was beaming throughout. We also had fun on the ride in Mexico and while the boys played enjoyed a delicious honey cake dessert sold near the children's play area. We decided to stay for fireworks as a special treat but part way through our younger son told us he was tired so we left and took the Friendship boat back to the Swan and ended our evening with treats from the club lounge. It was a great day at Disney!
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day! Il Mulino has quickly become one of our favorites (along w/Shulas), their chef has a good hand imo.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time. We have been ditching plans left and right, and it has made the trip more amazing.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of yummy dining on that day!!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]