Quantcast Why there shouldn’t be alcohol - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    See, that might be the case but that doesn't mean that we (as adults) can't strive to be better examples. It's also the reason INTERCOT enforces a family-friendly format....if it's not appropriate for an 8-year-old (or thereabouts) to read, then it doesn't belong on the boards.

That's kind of the way I look at behavior/language when I'm at WDW or Disneyland.
    See, I'm not anyone's example.

As far as what intercot enforces, that is their prerogative (but I want use the way they enforce as a basis to how my behavior should be at disney as I don't agree with them).

I do agree that some behavior and discussion points should be limited at wdw. But, I'm not going to get worried about it with how I see modern culture. They can handle it, and in my view, in many ways, way more .... well. I don't think its a problem.

Though I do agree people should be careful, and not get violent or step on cinderelly's feet.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    See, I'm not anyone's example.

As far as what intercot enforces, that is their prerogative (but I want use the way they enforce as a basis to how my behavior should be at disney as I don't agree with them).

I do agree that some behavior and discussion points should be limited at wdw. But, I'm not going to get worried about it with how I see modern culture. They can handle it, and in my view, in many ways, way more .... well. I don't think its a problem.

Though I do agree people should be careful, and not get violent or step on cinderelly's feet.
    All I meant is that the example of kids using foul language as justification for why it’s okay for the adults around them to use it seems kind of silly to me. They’re kids, we’re adults. Most of us wouldn’t publicly curse at work (I would get fired), at church, in front of law enforcement or the TSA, etc. We know better. So why is it okay in front of kids? I guess you’ve already answered that but I just don’t understand the logic, no offense intended.

So to each their own, but if I’m at Disney World with a kid and someone next to me starts using foul language, I’m likely to say something and then walk away in the opposite direction. That would be my way of handling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this, I have noticed that most of the complaints are about Epcot, and personally I can not think of a time that I really saw a problem in the other parks. I think part of the problem in Epcot, is the rise of people trying to "drink around the World". Eleven drinks is more than most people can handle, especially if they are drinking the hard liquor.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In Europe people seem to be much more accepting of a number of ideas, including alcohol. Sure, they have other problems but they are much more socially open in some ways. The problem is that too many Americans think that alcohol is a reason to become obnoxious. I guess it might be cool if you are under 25, but if you are older and have a need to get so polluted that you get overly loud and curse then it's time to evaluate your life my friend. It's a shame that a few have to ruin it for the many.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

7. Likes MNNHFLTX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I didn’t know this thread would get this long, but I will clarify. The two guys were loud like people who have been drinking tend to get. The language wasn’t necessarily the problem. It was the topics of discussion. Discussing how a child was eaten by an alligator while at Disney World and discussing what you are going to do to your wife when you get back to your hotel room does not need to be done in a voice that is loud enough to be heard halfway into the Canada pavilion.
    I was sitting against the wall in front of the Canada pavilion where the speaker pops out of the rock. I had been sitting there since before they showed up, grabbed a table and shoved it against the wall saying “no one is going to get in front of us now.” When he stepped on me, he stepped on my thigh because he was stumbling around. I think part of the problem at Epcot is someone else can buy your drinks for you. Servers don’t necessarily have the opportunity to see how drunk you are and cut you off.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

9. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    The problem is that too many Americans think that alcohol is a reason to become obnoxious.
    I think people tend to be more obnoxious at disney world than they otherwise would be. The heat, the expense which equals a sense of entitlement, blending drinking w/ kids,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Well, I didn’t know this thread would get this long, but I will clarify. The two guys were loud like people who have been drinking tend to get. The language wasn’t necessarily the problem. It was the topics of discussion. Discussing how a child was eaten by an alligator while at Disney World and discussing what you are going to do to your wife when you get back to your hotel room does not need to be done in a voice that is loud enough to be heard halfway into the Canada pavilion.
    I was sitting against the wall in front of the Canada pavilion where the speaker pops out of the rock. I had been sitting there since before they showed up, grabbed a table and shoved it against the wall saying “no one is going to get in front of us now.” When he stepped on me, he stepped on my thigh because he was stumbling around. I think part of the problem at Epcot is someone else can buy your drinks for you. Servers don’t necessarily have the opportunity to see how drunk you are and cut you off.
    Who wants to do any fooling around after being at the parks all day? A) you stink B) I want to crash on the bed w/ the AC cranked to 60 C) I may be drunk, so...

Well, its pretty easy to get overserved in any concession based situation. Ballparks, shows, etc.

So, Cindy, you toss them into the WS lagoon?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

No. I thought about it, but they weren’t worth missing Illuminations for.

12. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that kind of talk and behavior is just wrong, no matter how much someone’s had to drink. Anyone who thinks that’s acceptable in front of children has some serious soul-searching to do.

Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

14. Likes Isabella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Wow, that kind of talk and behavior is just wrong, no matter how much someone’s had to drink. Anyone who thinks that’s acceptable in front of children has some serious soul-searching to do.

They weren't the smartest people on the planet. For example, one of them was talking about how it is Florida and there are going to be alligators. The other one (the one who stepped on me) spread his arms out wide and said "This! This is not Florida. This is Disney World." (he repeated it several times. I guess just in case anyone wondered if he was an idiot, he wanted to confirm it for them multiple times.) I didn't realize you teleported out of Florida once you went through the Disney World gates.

Post Thanks / Like

They weren't the smartest people on the planet. For example, one of them was talking about how it is Florida and there are going to be alligators. The other one (the one who stepped on me) spread his arms out wide and said "This! This is not Florida. This is Disney World." (he repeated it several times. I guess just in case anyone wondered if he was an idiot, he wanted to confirm it for them multiple times.) I didn't realize you teleported out of Florida once you went through the Disney World gates.
    Then I would have dared him to stick his arm in that water, and prove it isn't floridian gator infested waters..
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Then I would have dared him to stick his arm in that water, and prove it isn't floridian gator infested waters..
    Lol. And then "help" him get close enough to the water to stick his arm in?

18. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol. And then "help" him get close enough to the water to stick his arm in?
    We should help each other at Disney. Its the neighborly thing to do.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

20. Likes PopPhan, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Catching up on all the discussions here and I have got to comment on this one. If you don't know when it is or isn't appropriate to swear, you are not an adult. If you don't know what subjects are or are not appropriate to discuss in public, you are not an adult. There is no excuse, not even being drunk. In fact, if you don't know what your alcohol limits are, you are either not an adult, or you have a problem that you need to seek help for. If I had encountered these two at Epcot, I would have snagged a cast member so that someone could have a word with them and keep an eye on them. We were in a restaurant once a few years back when a couple of adult males got loud and were freely swearing. Guess what? They got bounced. The kids are most certainly not the problem.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Though I do think its a good case to have an adult only area of disney w/ bars and such.

On a side note though, I ran into 5 or 6 other couples in the resort smoking area. We ended up dragging over coolers or bottles and having an impromptu pleasure island. I think many people need an outlet to get a little drunk and stupid. Too bad they don't have some island for that..
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

23. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Though I do think its a good case to have an adult only area of disney w/ bars and such.

On a side note though, I ran into 5 or 6 other couples in the resort smoking area. We ended up dragging over coolers or bottles and having an impromptu pleasure island. I think many people need an outlet to get a little drunk and stupid. Too bad they don't have some island for that..
    I don't smoke and actually have a bad reaction to the cigarette smoke, but I am jealous of how quickly smokers seem to bond in their little areas.

25. Likes PopPhan, texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't smoke and actually have a bad reaction to the cigarette smoke, but I am jealous of how quickly smokers seem to bond in their little areas.
    We, the "bad" (and proud) smokers, tend to gravitate to the "back room, alley, the trusty woods" and since there are so few anymore, we strike up conversations for no other reason than the fact that we see each other regularly during a trip. It's amazing the people you meet and enjoy...

Back to the original topic...Closing Pleasure Island, although understandable with what was going on at the time, could have been handled better and there still could have been an area created for 'adult only' evening entertainment in the Downtown Disney area. They 'dropped the ball' on this one.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

27. Thanks texas211 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can add me to the list of late night cocktails in the smoking section and I have met some really fun people. Last year we spent a few evenings at VWL(BRV) with a former Intercotee and her DH who showed me photos from the Intercot 10 celebration, such a great couple.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

29. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    You can add me to the list of late night cocktails in the smoking section and I have met some really fun people. Last year we spent a few evenings at VWL(BRV) with a former Intercotee and her DH who showed me photos from the Intercot 10 celebration, such a great couple.
    Did you ask them why they consider themselves "former" INTERCOTEES???? They need to come back and enjoy the lively banter!!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Nothing like a good cigar, and a drink.

Yeah, all kidding aside, I wish there was a good adult oriented drinking place. That wouldn't solve the problems others have discussed, but might divert some of that traffic. Some people, you just can't fix stupid.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like a good cigar, and a drink.

Yeah, all kidding aside, I wish there was a good adult oriented drinking place. That wouldn't solve the problems others have discussed, but might divert some of that traffic. Some people, you just can't fix stupid.
    The Adventurer's Club was perfect. *sigh*

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: