Quantcast Why there shouldn’t be alcohol

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why there shouldn’t be alcohol

We are standing here waiting for Illuminations to start. Two guys standing to my left are drinking. I am ready to throw them over the fence and into the lake. Too bad the small children have to be exposed to their choice of words and topics.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One of them just stepped on me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    One of them just stepped on me!
    That was you! Sorry about that... j/k
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

5. Likes Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll rather rename this topic - why there shouldn't be jerks in the world. Cause, alcohol or not, they ruin the fun for the rest of us. Good thing my mom wasn't there - cause she would have given them a piece of her mind....
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

7. Likes PopPhan, VWL Mom, Isabella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'll rather rename this topic - why there shouldn't be jerks in the world. Cause, alcohol or not, they ruin the fun for the rest of us. Good thing my mom wasn't there - cause she would have given them a piece of her mind....
    But then there wouldn't be anyone left in the world. Everyone is someone's jerk.

I'm sure Cinderelly took care of them. Those guys are gator food.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

9. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alcohol, per se, is not the problem. It is the idiots that do not know how to handle a few (or a few too many) adult beverages in a place with numerous children and others who do not condone language and antics only fit for private places.

I have my share of adult beverages in WDW, but never allow myself to be obnoxious or crude in that setting.

Unfortunately, those same people would probably be (almost) as crude, rude and obnoxious WITHOUT the alcohol.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    that was you! Sorry about that... J/k
    :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Alcohol, per se, is not the problem. It is the idiots that do not know how to handle a few (or a few too many) adult beverages in a place with numerous children and others who do not condone language and antics only fit for private places.

I have my share of adult beverages in WDW, but never allow myself to be obnoxious or crude in that setting.

Unfortunately, those same people would probably be (almost) as crude, rude and obnoxious WITHOUT the alcohol.
    Working in EMS tends to make me rude and crude, but I know there are times and places where it isn’t appropriate. I did say something to them. They told me to not interject.

Once he stepped on me and I was more angry than annoyed, they quickly became a lot nicer.

13. Likes PopPhan, VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All that being said, I wish they had a place to get messed up and such. I like getting blitzed every now and again if I'm on vacation. Especially in a self contained environment where I don't have to drive.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I agree with the notion that "jerk is in the eye of the beholder". That being said, I also agree that alcohol at Disney has changed the landscape in the last decade or two. If you look back perhaps 15-20 years at Disney, alcohol was much less prevalent. Now it's become a HUGE money-maker for Disney.

It doesn't bother me at all having a place where adults can drink. It's a big part of vacation/relaxation time. But I will say that sometimes when we get the chance to enjoy EPCOT during the F&W, there are days it gives the appearance of a college spring break. Loud people, sometimes wearing matching drinking t-shirts, and a very large percentage of people with drinks in hand. And sometimes those people seem to forget it's still a family vacation park with little kids around.

And then you have Disney handing out park maps and stickers so you can try and get a drink from every drink stop in the park!! So THEY certainly are encouraging it!

16. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WE love FW.. Maybe some days, they close EPCOT at 4pm, to anyone under 21, and start Mickey's Happy Hour EPCOT Crawl!
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

WE love FW.. Maybe some days, they close EPCOT at 4pm, to anyone under 21, and start Mickey's Happy Hour EPCOT Crawl!
    That could be interesting...Mickey's So Very Merry Drinking Party. 21+, Hard-ticket event in World Showcase only. Entry at 4pm for a 7pm start...Just like the MVMCP & MNSSHP!!! Charge $250/ticket...'protein spills' extra!!! Hahahaaaaa
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

19. Thanks texas211 thanked for this post
    Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people are just rude and crude whether they're drinking or not; you'd think that with children around them they would hold their tongue! I've been known to speak up on occasion and bring that to their attention.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Pleasure Island needs to be brought back.
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

22. Likes PopPhan, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    That could be interesting...Mickey's So Very Merry Drinking Party. 21+, Hard-ticket event in World Showcase only. Entry at 4pm for a 7pm start...Just like the MVMCP & MNSSHP!!! Charge $250/ticket...'protein spills' extra!!! Hahahaaaaa
    That is actually a really good idea. I am surprised they haven't already tried it. We would probably make a trip down just to partake in an adult hard ticket event with the drinks flowing.

As mentioned, they do encourage it during the F&W festival. There is a lot of heavy drinking during that event so if you have small kids, everyone should be aware there is going to be a lot of adult behavior and language. If you are one of those that gets all worked up when there is drinking and adult language when your kids are present, it would probably be best to avoid the F&W festival.

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Some people are just rude and crude whether they're drinking or not; you'd think that with children around them they would hold their tongue! I've been known to speak up on occasion and bring that to their attention.
    This is true. I know people that curse like sailors at middle school events. I personally can turn it on and off unless I get really angry with someone. With that said, I don't really worry about those kinds of people too much. Seriously, kids hear just as bad of language in the gym during middle school from other kids in their class. They have a pretty full four letter word vocabulary by the age of 12 or 13 because it is everywhere......music, tv, youtube videos, random women shopping in Nordstrom for crying out loud. lol You hear it everywhere these days, it has sort of become mainstream to cuss over the past 15 or 20 years. I hear girls in their mid 20's having conversations in restaurants using the F bomb in every sentence. Some people just don't realize there is a time and a place.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven’t been happy about evenings at Epcot for awhile. If people would drink responsibility then it wouldn’t bother me but a lot are not. Reminds me of the college town we lived in for 20years. When Stephanie and I were at Epcot recently she saw one guy getting ready to barf nearby and had to move from her resting spot because she didn’t want to be near him. It was around 6 pm. I was in the bathroom at the time and on my way out a lady was barfing into the bushes next to the tables set up outside of the American fast food dining spot. So gross. Now MK is going to have a lot more alcohol choices. At least most of the spots are sit down options where hopefully not as many drinks will be consumed. Not like drinking around the world at Epcot.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Haven’t been happy about evenings at Epcot for awhile. If people would drink responsibility then it wouldn’t bother me but a lot are not. Reminds me of the college town we lived in for 20years. When Stephanie and I were at Epcot recently she saw one guy getting ready to barf nearby and had to move from her resting spot because she didn’t want to be near him. It was around 6 pm. I was in the bathroom at the time and on my way out a lady was barfing into the bushes next to the tables set up outside of the American fast food dining spot. So gross. Now MK is going to have a lot more alcohol choices. At least most of the spots are sit down options where hopefully not as many drinks will be consumed. Not like drinking around the world at Epcot.
    I wouldn't worry about MK too much right now. At the sit down restaurants, they don't get in much of a hurry bringing the alcohol drinks out. You are lucky if you manage to get a third one out of them they space them out so much. I don't think you will see people getting plastered at MK. Now if they start counter service alcohol, that will be a different story.

Post Thanks / Like

When Stephanie and I were at Epcot recently she saw one guy getting ready to barf nearby and had to move from her resting spot because she didn’t want to be near him. It was around 6 pm. I was in the bathroom at the time and on my way out a lady was barfing into the bushes next to the tables set up outside of the American fast food dining spot. .
    To be clear, it was probably the food from the American food court that caused that.

I agree with nut. I swear like a truck driver who had been in the navy. I run across various kids, who teach me new ways to swear. Quite impressive really. I've heard tons of lil kids swearing while in line. The world is what it is now.

So, drink up me hearties, YO HO!
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

27. Likes Speedy1998 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with nut. I swear like a truck driver who had been in the navy. I run across various kids, who teach me new ways to swear. Quite impressive really. I've heard tons of lil kids swearing while in line. The world is what it is now.

So, drink up me hearties, YO HO!
    See, that might be the case but that doesn't mean that we (as adults) can't strive to be better examples. It's also the reason INTERCOT enforces a family-friendly format....if it's not appropriate for an 8-year-old (or thereabouts) to read, then it doesn't belong on the boards.

That's kind of the way I look at behavior/language when I'm at WDW or Disneyland.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

29. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the things that I think most people don't think about, when drinking around the world, is how much harder alcohol can hit you in the FL heat and humidity. Sure it tastes good going down, but hits like Thor's hammer if you're not extremely careful!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

31. Likes texas211 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: