Quantcast Why there shouldn’t be alcohol - Page 2
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    See, that might be the case but that doesn't mean that we (as adults) can't strive to be better examples. It's also the reason INTERCOT enforces a family-friendly format....if it's not appropriate for an 8-year-old (or thereabouts) to read, then it doesn't belong on the boards.

    That's kind of the way I look at behavior/language when I'm at WDW or Disneyland.
    See, I'm not anyone's example.

    As far as what intercot enforces, that is their prerogative (but I want use the way they enforce as a basis to how my behavior should be at disney as I don't agree with them).

    I do agree that some behavior and discussion points should be limited at wdw. But, I'm not going to get worried about it with how I see modern culture. They can handle it, and in my view, in many ways, way more .... well. I don't think its a problem.

    Though I do agree people should be careful, and not get violent or step on cinderelly's feet.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #22
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    14,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    See, I'm not anyone's example.

    As far as what intercot enforces, that is their prerogative (but I want use the way they enforce as a basis to how my behavior should be at disney as I don't agree with them).

    I do agree that some behavior and discussion points should be limited at wdw. But, I'm not going to get worried about it with how I see modern culture. They can handle it, and in my view, in many ways, way more .... well. I don't think its a problem.

    Though I do agree people should be careful, and not get violent or step on cinderelly's feet.
    All I meant is that the example of kids using foul language as justification for why it’s okay for the adults around them to use it seems kind of silly to me. They’re kids, we’re adults. Most of us wouldn’t publicly curse at work (I would get fired), at church, in front of law enforcement or the TSA, etc. We know better. So why is it okay in front of kids? I guess you’ve already answered that but I just don’t understand the logic, no offense intended.

    So to each their own, but if I’m at Disney World with a kid and someone next to me starts using foul language, I’m likely to say something and then walk away in the opposite direction. That would be my way of handling it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations



    Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

  4. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Reading this, I have noticed that most of the complaints are about Epcot, and personally I can not think of a time that I really saw a problem in the other parks. I think part of the problem in Epcot, is the rise of people trying to "drink around the World". Eleven drinks is more than most people can handle, especially if they are drinking the hard liquor.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

  5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  6. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In Europe people seem to be much more accepting of a number of ideas, including alcohol. Sure, they have other problems but they are much more socially open in some ways. The problem is that too many Americans think that alcohol is a reason to become obnoxious. I guess it might be cool if you are under 25, but if you are older and have a need to get so polluted that you get overly loud and curse then it's time to evaluate your life my friend. It's a shame that a few have to ruin it for the many.
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT,
    08/18 BLT

  7. Likes MNNHFLTX liked this post
  8. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, I didn’t know this thread would get this long, but I will clarify. The two guys were loud like people who have been drinking tend to get. The language wasn’t necessarily the problem. It was the topics of discussion. Discussing how a child was eaten by an alligator while at Disney World and discussing what you are going to do to your wife when you get back to your hotel room does not need to be done in a voice that is loud enough to be heard halfway into the Canada pavilion.
    I was sitting against the wall in front of the Canada pavilion where the speaker pops out of the rock. I had been sitting there since before they showed up, grabbed a table and shoved it against the wall saying “no one is going to get in front of us now.” When he stepped on me, he stepped on my thigh because he was stumbling around. I think part of the problem at Epcot is someone else can buy your drinks for you. Servers don’t necessarily have the opportunity to see how drunk you are and cut you off.
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

    Stops on my quest to visit all 50 states
    AL, AK, AZ, CA, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, NV, NJ, , NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV.

  9. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  10. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    The problem is that too many Americans think that alcohol is a reason to become obnoxious.
    I think people tend to be more obnoxious at disney world than they otherwise would be. The heat, the expense which equals a sense of entitlement, blending drinking w/ kids,

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Well, I didn’t know this thread would get this long, but I will clarify. The two guys were loud like people who have been drinking tend to get. The language wasn’t necessarily the problem. It was the topics of discussion. Discussing how a child was eaten by an alligator while at Disney World and discussing what you are going to do to your wife when you get back to your hotel room does not need to be done in a voice that is loud enough to be heard halfway into the Canada pavilion.
    I was sitting against the wall in front of the Canada pavilion where the speaker pops out of the rock. I had been sitting there since before they showed up, grabbed a table and shoved it against the wall saying “no one is going to get in front of us now.” When he stepped on me, he stepped on my thigh because he was stumbling around. I think part of the problem at Epcot is someone else can buy your drinks for you. Servers don’t necessarily have the opportunity to see how drunk you are and cut you off.
    Who wants to do any fooling around after being at the parks all day? A) you stink B) I want to crash on the bed w/ the AC cranked to 60 C) I may be drunk, so...

    Well, its pretty easy to get overserved in any concession based situation. Ballparks, shows, etc.

    So, Cindy, you toss them into the WS lagoon?
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  11. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No. I thought about it, but they weren’t worth missing Illuminations for.
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

    Stops on my quest to visit all 50 states
    AL, AK, AZ, CA, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, NV, NJ, , NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV.

  12. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    14,451
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Well, I didn’t know this thread would get this long, but I will clarify. The two guys were loud like people who have been drinking tend to get. The language wasn’t necessarily the problem. It was the topics of discussion. Discussing how a child was eaten by an alligator while at Disney World and discussing what you are going to do to your wife when you get back to your hotel room does not need to be done in a voice that is loud enough to be heard halfway into the Canada pavilion.
    I was sitting against the wall in front of the Canada pavilion where the speaker pops out of the rock. I had been sitting there since before they showed up, grabbed a table and shoved it against the wall saying “no one is going to get in front of us now.” When he stepped on me, he stepped on my thigh because he was stumbling around. I think part of the problem at Epcot is someone else can buy your drinks for you. Servers don’t necessarily have the opportunity to see how drunk you are and cut you off.
    Wow, that kind of talk and behavior is just wrong, no matter how much someone’s had to drink. Anyone who thinks that’s acceptable in front of children has some serious soul-searching to do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations



    Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

  14. Likes Isabella liked this post
  15. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Wow, that kind of talk and behavior is just wrong, no matter how much someone’s had to drink. Anyone who thinks that’s acceptable in front of children has some serious soul-searching to do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They weren't the smartest people on the planet. For example, one of them was talking about how it is Florida and there are going to be alligators. The other one (the one who stepped on me) spread his arms out wide and said "This! This is not Florida. This is Disney World." (he repeated it several times. I guess just in case anyone wondered if he was an idiot, he wanted to confirm it for them multiple times.) I didn't realize you teleported out of Florida once you went through the Disney World gates.
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

    Stops on my quest to visit all 50 states
    AL, AK, AZ, CA, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, NV, NJ, , NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV.

  16. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    They weren't the smartest people on the planet. For example, one of them was talking about how it is Florida and there are going to be alligators. The other one (the one who stepped on me) spread his arms out wide and said "This! This is not Florida. This is Disney World." (he repeated it several times. I guess just in case anyone wondered if he was an idiot, he wanted to confirm it for them multiple times.) I didn't realize you teleported out of Florida once you went through the Disney World gates.
    Then I would have dared him to stick his arm in that water, and prove it isn't floridian gator infested waters..
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  17. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Then I would have dared him to stick his arm in that water, and prove it isn't floridian gator infested waters..
    Lol. And then "help" him get close enough to the water to stick his arm in?
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

    Stops on my quest to visit all 50 states
    AL, AK, AZ, CA, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, NV, NJ, , NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV.

  18. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  19. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Lol. And then "help" him get close enough to the water to stick his arm in?
    We should help each other at Disney. Its the neighborly thing to do.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  20. Likes PopPhan, Cinderelley liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
© Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site