Quantcast Back to Disney - Ditched Our Plans

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back to Disney - Ditched Our Plans

I'm sitting looking out over our Savannah, the sun is rising and beautiful music is playing from Africa and it feels like home. I just love it here. You may notice I didn't post yesterday. We went to MK and I was so tired I crashed into bed. I will write about yesterday soon but last night I knew we needed a vacation from the vacation. So I cancelled everything but our Il Mulino dinner reservations. Today is now a pool day and if we can a few hours in Epcot. We would like to show our Cars movie obsessed boys Art of Animation too. Sorry to see Biergarten lunch go but I just could not go on! You probably think I'm nuts. And it wasn't that yesterday was terrible, it was quite lovely. We walked into MK and I felt so happy being thrown back into time on nostalgic Main Street. The boys had their moment with Chip and Dale. The cast member at City Hall was aamazingly generous and gave us the DAD card with total understanding. Btw yesterday we bumped up the amount of continuous insulin and gave boluses like crazy and kept our younger son's diabetes better controlled. Whew! In addition to the DAS card she granted us three "special" GO that let you walk into a ride FP lane at any time. What? Oh my it was so generous!!! I never knew such a thing existed. So it was a really nice day, combining these with our fast passes and we did what we could in between taking it slow for my DH's sprained ankle which is improving, thankfully and attending to the little guy's needs. Pixie dust abounded with a view of the Castle during or Crystal Palace lunch and rides in the Jungle Cruise, a slow walk up Swiss Family Robinson Tree house (we are halfway through the book making this extra fun), a ride on the flying carpets, Story Time with Belle, and the Buzz Lightyear game. We saw Country Bear Jamboree which the boys loved and our older son went to the Tiki Bird show with DH. We had our first Dole Whip which they all loved (too sweet for me) and met the beast at dinner in the Beast's Castle.
    My older son just woke up so I am going to sign off for now!
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!

2. Thanks faline, Jeff thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are making the best of some trying situations and are still enjoying yourself.

Enjoy what you can, but take care of you first!! It will still be there when you're ready.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think twice about changing your plans. You guys are still making amazing memories and having a good time. That is what a family vacation is for.

I read something PopPhan wrote that I loved. It went something like plans are written in the sand and the waves are always coming in.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's your vacation and even with changes made it sounds like fun! You're at WDW after all. Can't do better than that!

Have a great time!
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a perfect day!! Vacations should always be somewhat fluid so that you can make changes on the go to accommodate your needs and the needs of your family - sounds like you are having a wonderful time while not rigidly sticking to plans that were made before arrival!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting!
    1975 - Contemporary
    1988 - Offsite
    1992 - Caribbean Beach
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Port Orleans Riverside (aka DL)
    Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs
    Aug 2007 (1 day @ MGM)