Quantcast Flower & Garden Solo Shot -- Around the Dapper F&G World in 6 Days -- Recap

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flower & Garden Solo Shot -- Around the Dapper F&G World in 6 Days -- Recap

WARNING: I tend to write novels when a synopsis would do....

Final totals and a recap....

Cast of Characters: Me, myself and I -- 56 year old kid!!

Another solo trip in the books and there was good, bad and indifferent to report on.

The good: Weather was about as good as one could hope for. Highs in the mid-80's, lows in the mid 60's, sunny with light clouds and a nice breeze. I got fried early, but not bad enough to slow me down. I guess I woul dhave gotten a lot of looks because I tend to get bright red when I overdo the sun, but within a couple days brown up nicely. Crowd levels were moderate to light, making it easy to get around and drop in on stand-by lines of 30 minutes or less. It could just be my perception, but it didn't seem that there were that many ECVs and strollers about on this trip. I think there were only a few times that I had to wait to board a bus due to ECV and/or wheelchair loading, and I don't think there were ever 2 waiting at the same time. Meeting Katzateer was a definite plus on this trip and my great pleasure!!!! We shall have to do this again when you whole family is along!!!

One more good that I will give its own space to: Smokers! Yes, I am a bad man for saying this, but hear me out, if you will. Every time I took a "smoke break" in the parks or at the resort, I met and had conversations with some of the finest people I met on this trip. Actually, this seems to be the case on all my trips. Becasue we are 'outcasts' in the parks and resorts, we tend to gravitate to the same areas and meet multiple times on a visit. This gets conversations started and we get to be 'short term' friends. You get to talk with people in all hases of their trips, exchange tips and reviews, and just talk about anything and everything. I thank all the lovely people I met on these stops! You keep the magic going!

The bad: Well, I'm on vacation at WDW, so there really isn't anything "bad" about the trip! However, the shutdown of FEA when I was ready to board was an annoyance. My calf cramp was also an annoyance, but gave me a needed break and I was able to make up for the lost evening later in the trip. The MB not working on the room door was, again, an annoyance (and moreso because I was tired, hot and a bit cranky from my long first day) and I apologize to the CM at the front desk and anyone else I might have been less than magical to that evening.

The indifferent: OK, before I say this I want all to know that this is NOT a complaint!!!! It is becoming more and more the case that the language spoken at WDW in NOT "American" English. LOL At times I felt a little out of place with the conversations going on around me.

The room: I actually liked the redesign of the room at Pop. I know a lot of people will disagree, but for a solo of a couple it works out nicely. The queen bed was comfortable and big enough for me to stretch out. The Mickey design above the headboard was a nice touch. (No, he is NOT looking at you while you sleep!!) The laminate floor was a classy touch, making it seem more upscale even though it is a Value resort. Did not break down the table to lower the Murphy Bed, but it looks to be another queen and because of the styling gives more room to move when not in use. The showers with sliding glass doors, rather than shower curtains, is a nce upgrade, but the rainfall shower head and hand held accessory were marvelous to use. Sliding doors on both the shower/tiolet area AND sink area added the little bit more privacy to the room that the Values seemed to lack before.

So, whether you liked my reports, hated them, or just took it all with a grain of salt, there it is...My post visit report for this trip.

Thank you, Denise Keeler of Magical Journeys, for getting me into the room at Pop. I would have been OK with All-Stars Music, but the upgrade to the preferred room at Pop was a bonus on this trip. You are the best!!

Thanks to all who took the time, and had the patience, to read this. It is my pleasure to reminisce and report and keep the magic alive!

For those who just skipped to the end.... Just kidding! Hope you enjoyed this as well!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2. Thanks Donald, faline thanked for this post
    Likes Donald, faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for spending the time to write all your great reports- enjoyed them.

I like the rooms at POP. Stephanie had the Murphy bed down before I saw the room so not sure what it looked like before but with it down it looks just like the 2 beds that are normally in the rooms. Same height and size. I liked the laminate floors a lot better than carpet. And the bathrooms are very nice. The hanging space for clothes was a little small but for one or two people it is ok. With a family of 4 it would be a challenge.

We will be back to WDW the 13th of October if you go then. We are staying at Shades of Green so maybe we could meet for a Kona breakfast and coffee since we tend to start many of our mornings there!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

It gives me hope that both of you liked the new and improved Pop. It has been one of my favorites since our very first trip. The pictures of the refurbished rooms seemed very hospital-like to me, so I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy it any more. I don't want to be reminded of work while I'm on vacation. :P

Thanks for taking me along on your trip down memory lane. It will tide me over until I get out of work.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post

We will be back to WDW the 13th of October if you go then. We are staying at Shades of Green so maybe we could meet for a Kona breakfast and coffee since we tend to start many of our mornings there!
    If you guys decide to have a meet, I will extend my trip by a few days. I was contemplating extending it and going on a cruise anyway.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

8. Likes PopPhan, Katzateer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for spending the time to write all your great reports- enjoyed them.

I like the rooms at POP. Stephanie had the Murphy bed down before I saw the room so not sure what it looked like before but with it down it looks just like the 2 beds that are normally in the rooms. Same height and size. I liked the laminate floors a lot better than carpet. And the bathrooms are very nice. The hanging space for clothes was a little small but for one or two people it is ok. With a family of 4 it would be a challenge.

The only concern I had with the laminate floors was that Mousekeeping used a 'duster' mop on the floor when they really should use a 'wet' mop, or Swiffer Wet. There was some 'dirt' on the floor when I walked on it in socks or bare feet.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Might have to do that. I was looking around to arrive around the 16th, but right now, nothing definite. Just looking to get one more use out of my Annual Pass before renewal time comes. Then, if I renew, maybe make a January trip for my birthday on the 20th.

Never did a breakfast in any of the resorts, other than the food court. Would love to try the Tonga Toast!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there the13th to the 20th so a meet sounds great to me. I always try to get to parks early and my husband will be with me most days. Not sure about the girls. They like to sleep later and have a water park option on their passes so they might not be with us a lot in mornings. So if it works to meet up, sounds like fun.

Kona is always a highlight of our trips. I book most mornings especially since it is close to SOG. My husband likes the fruit or oatmeal. I like the pancakes and the COFFEE!!

One thing to keep in mind, early park days for MK it is a great place to take a break around 10 when at MK early. If you don’t want to go to Kona now the quick service has the Tonga toast and their lunch and dinner options at quick service has very tasty options. I like to get out of park for a few hours and relax at Poly. Nice boat ride for a break from the masses.

We will have to talk closer to our October trip and see how many Intercot friends we can meet up with!! Looks like we have Kona for 7:30 oct 16,17, 10:30 on the 19th. The 19th would be a good morning to eat together if that date works. MK opens early.
    Last edited by Katzateer; 05-09-2018 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Add text
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

12. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Random, so my hubby smokes but only on vacation. He used to be a fairly heavy smoker and now chews Nicorette like it's going out of style but on vacation he still likes to smoke and honestly I just don't fight that battle. But I will agree that we always meet the nicest folks in the smoking areas, for example we are headed on a cruise next week and know we will meet fine folks on deck 5
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

14. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reports (although I think I might still have one or two I haven't read yet). I've enjoyed your perspective on the parks and your experiences there.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: